• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED added to Steam registry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: I would think that getting SC/3rd on Steam and Zero on Vita is just about the absolute best case scenario at this point.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they can make it that far, regardless of platform or sales.

So, no announce made yet?

It's probably going to be a while if the comment on the forum is any indication. They have another Acquire game to announce (that keeps getting delayed), and the Steam-related announcement will probably be after that (barring more delays for the other announcement).

I'm guessing we'll know something this spring.

Sky_Blue

Neo Member
If this is Falcom related I'll be really, really pleased - I was considering ordering some of their PC games from them directly but I think I'll hang on for a bit to see what happens.

Bring on Trails 1,2,3, Ys Origin and Felghana and Xanadu Next!

XSEED if you're reading this, I will buy any Falcom releases on day 1!

luca1980

Banned
If removing the voices was what it took to get us the game in English, I wouldn't bat an eye.

Edit: I would think that getting SC/3rd on Steam and Zero on Vita is just about the absolute best case scenario at this point.
I agree yet i am one of the few who prefer a psp or vita release for trails since I enjoy playing on console than pc

Aeana

What's the deal with the PC versions vs the PSP ones, is there a clear winner in quality/content?

PC versions win in every case for the Trails games (FC, SC, 3rd anyway). And of the Ys games, only Ys 1&2/Chronicles is better on PSP.

luca1980

Banned
What's the deal with the PC versions vs the PSP ones, is there a clear winner in quality/content?

It's pretty simple, I prefer vita and psp (playing on bed ) than a pc release.
Yet if pc is the only way to get sc and tc I will borrow a 3 years old notebook to play them.
Heck I would prefer even a iOS version than pc because I am loving portable gaming.
Yet it's all personal taste, if xseed brings sc and tc I'll buy it asap

Ra1den

PC versions win in every case for the Trails games (FC, SC, 3rd anyway). And of the Ys games, only Ys 1&2/Chronicles is better on PSP.

Wow this is exciting news indeed then, if things work out. I may be lucky I haven't got around to playing Trails in the Sky on PSP yet.

6qd1q.jpg
oh my god

ctrayne

Even then, it's debatable on Chronicles. The PSP version has a much smaller viewing area than Ys I & II Complete on PC, and runs at 30 FPS instead of 60 FPS (blech). But yeah. Nitpick. :)

Aeana

Even then, it's debatable on Chronicles. The PSP version has a much smaller viewing area than Ys I & II Complete on PC, and runs at 30 FPS instead of 60 FPS (blech). But yeah. Nitpick. :)

The main thing is that the PC version is a fixed, non-negotiable 640x480. So if you're playing on a modern monitor, it's going to be upscaled and blurry.

I think the Carpe Fulgar guys deserve some thanks for allowing this to happen. Without proving there was a market there with Recettear, this probably wouldn't have ever happened.

iavi

What are the chances of these being steamworks? I might just die if these things come with achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom