• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED bringing Akiba's Beat; Fate/Extella and Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns west

It's great that they're announcing these games so early, it's just that none of these are releasing this year. All the games they have announced for this year we've known about for months at this point.

kurahador

Damn...my Popoclorois is still in plastic wrap. But more Story Of Seasons is always welcome.

I wonder if XSEED will bring in the mousepad.
udBKecs.jpg

ar4757

It was obvious the Story of Seasons entry would be coming out, but glad to here about it so soon! I firmly believe Rune Factory 5 will be announced by Marvelous (in Japan, obviously) this year, sometime after the SoS game releases there in June, and before TGS. Time will tell

kurahador

Can't find anything about that new Story Of Seasons/Bokujou Monogatari.
I'm guessing it hasn't been revealed yet in japan?

Käebi;205963281 said:
So Xanadu wasn't announced yet? Isn't it on their Twitter banner or am I misunderstanding something?

That's Xanadu Next, we are hoping for the "sequel" Tokyo Xanadu for Vita/PS4!

alpha69

The Goddess of Localization smiles upon us this generation.

Bless you XSEED. Never stop being awesome.

I just love it when games not even out in Japan yet already gets announced for localization. I wish this trend continues.

Fogu's page on it

it comes out on the 23rd of this month

so everything announced here hasn't even come out yet in Japan

I can understand Marvelous wanting to expedite the games that it thinks has a widespread appeal (or at the very least is also available on PS4). What is interesting is Akiba's Beat, which I understand Marvelous is entirely uninvolved in, and yet Xseed has confirmed an English localization within a week of Aquire announcing its existence. I would like to know how that deal was made.

FLD

Not gonna lie, lack of Tokyo Xanadu is pretty disappointing. Though not entirely surprising considering the newly announced PS4 version, I suppose. No reason not to do the Vita version now and PS4 later, though. :/

On the other hand, it's really cool to see Akiba's Beat confirmed so quickly! Here's hoping for a late Steam release like with Akiba's Trip.

Not gonna lie, lack of Tokyo Xanadu is pretty disappointing. Though not entirely surprising considering the newly announced PS4 version, I suppose. No reason not to do the Vita version now and PS4 later, though. :/

On the other hand, it's really cool to see Akiba's Beat confirmed so quickly! Here's hoping for a late Steam release like with Akiba's Trip.

Very likely. Akiba's Trip seems to have sold pretty well on Steam. Although I guess they'd want for a later release, which is understandable for that kind of game.

I'm gonna guess (and hope) that Uppers is next year since it's not even out in Japan yet. That's the one I am anticipating.

StereoVsn

Based Xseed. Going to get Akiba on PS4 but probably will get Fate on Vita. Wait, is Fate a new RPG similar to PSP ones or a VN? Probably will skip if latter.

I am betting we will see Xanadu PS4 localization announcement later in the year. Lack of localization news for that makes sense now.

FLD

Very likely. Akiba's Trip seems to have sold pretty well on Steam. Although I guess they'd want for a later release, which is understandable for that kind of game.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. The numbers on SteamSpy seem pretty solid for a game like this.

Yeah, Acquire must've been happy with the western sales of AT2 and wanted to fast-track a localization of the new game.

I'd have to dig around somewhere to find it but I seem to remember some XSEED VP or someone saying that Akiba's Trip was their biggest localization job to date and they'd put the most effort into bringing it across. More VA and promotion or something like that.

I'll see if I can find the link some time.

18-Volt

So far only 2017 3DS title is Story of Seasons. I'm really tired of playing the same game over and over again. If they're not rebooting the franchise from scratch, Story of Seasons won't be on my to buy list.

None of those games sound interesting, Fate/Extella is made by Marvelous in-house, not by Tamsoft so I expect a crappy game. Akiba's Beat? It's a Acquire RPG.

PS XSEED, Please let Takaki-sensei to bring his amazing games to us!

Fate/Estella and Summon Night 6 localization announced, Persona 5 release date, Tokoy Xanadu eX+ for PS4, is today my personal E3 day? Can I also get Freedom Wars 2, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 release date and Megaman Zero Remake for the PS4 while we're at it?
pretty please!

So uh, has a Fate game ever been announced for localization *before* Japanese release before? This seems rather unprecedented.

(Do we even have a JP release date yet?)

...Also I'm getting worried. We've had a billion and one localizations announced today, but no trace of Azure Revolution what so ever.

GHound

Fate/Extella most expensive version available in the US day fucking one.

So uh, has a Fate game ever been announced for localization *before* Japanese release before? This seems rather unprecedented.

Technically yes, the PSP port of Fate/unlimited codes was announced for a NA release before the Japanese version got released. Fate/Extra was several months after release though from what I remember.

Neat that we'll be getting Akiba's Beat this year. I guess Akiba's Trip was a big success here, as it looks like they're going for near simultaneous release dates. I'll definitely pick that up on PS4.

Top Bottom