• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED cancels Grand Knights History (PSP)

Goli

It seems it's been canceled, as predicted by FinalMacstorm in this thread and now confirmed via his very own tweet a few moments ago.
https://twitter.com/#!/FinalMacstorm/status/197517636492476418

XSEED Games has confirmed it will not publish Grand Knights History in North America as previously announced. Unfortunately, it was determined that development resources required to localize the game were not available, necessitating its cancellation. We regret not being able to bring the game to our fans, but we are committed to our 2012 lineup and look forward to sharing more on these games in the coming weeks and months.

EDIT: I don't wanna change the post's wording because I'm lazy but know that it was originally here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472017 before some mod decided to make a new thread for it.

Macstorm

Since that's my twitter account being linked, here's the full statement I received from XSEED's PR firm.

XSEED Games has confirmed it will not publish Grand Knights History in North America as previously announced. Unfortunately, it was determined that development resources required to localize the game were not available, necessitating its cancellation. We regret not being able to bring the game to our fans, but we are committed to our 2012 lineup and look forward to sharing more on these games in the coming weeks and months.

Rage+Break+Keyboard.gif

Maybe someone else will localize it? :-(

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
That sucks... :(

But I mean... it's PSP in 2012. I get it. I remember the PSP sections at locals stores being a joke 4 years ago :p

But Type-0..... :(

ReaperXL7

Damn that sucks...I love Vanillaware and the games they make, but with any luck this just means that XSeed and release other games in it's place. Ragnarok Odyssey, Y's Vita , and the Vita Tits game will make up for this XSeed, make it happen.

randomkid

well this is comically depressing

i mean, things weren't looking good, but it's kinda rare for a publisher to CANCEL a localization isn't it?

Volcynika

Damn that sucks...I love Vanillaware and the games they make, but with any luck this just means that XSeed and release other games in it's place. Ragnarok Odyssey, Y's Vita , and the Vita Tits game will make up for this XSeed, make it happen.

It's Ys! Ys!

Also there is no TitS for Vita.

x3r0123

they still have SC and Third to do so I doubt it

ReaperXL7

It's Ys! Ys!

Also there is no TitS for Vita.

I'm unfamiliar with the Series as awhole so maybe i'm getting the title of the series wrong, but this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj2YTW3khFc is what i'm talking about.

they still have SC and Third to do so I doubt it

If they were going to do those wouldent they have already though? It's my understanding that they have been out for quite some time in Japan, if XSeed can't get SC, and Third over here for whatever reason, the Vita game seems the next best starting point. Atleast this is my understand from others that are more familiar with the series.

Vamphuntr

That's too bad :( The game seemed so pretty.

Feel bad for anyone that put stock in that VGPlus release date! But not really.

You should feel bad for those that gave them their credit card info when they were hacked and how they poorly handled the case.

Macstorm

With all this bad news, I can only hope that we get some positive news out of XSEED soon. Another Vita game announcement would be great indeed.

randomkid

Not at all. Circumstances change all the time.

Can't think of any other examples offhand, wanna help me out here? I can think of times when publishers have expressed interest in bringing something over in like interviews and stuff, but this had a press release and official razzle dazzle announcement and everything.

So depressing. :( I'm sad that Vanillaware didn't want to devote the resources to this.

This week sucks for video game news.

Announce TitS SC to appease me please XSEED.

Deeku

Good thing I imported!

Really really sucks though, was hoping to actually play the online portion decently without having to use proxies and stuff.

Top Bottom