• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED registers domains: Corpse Party: Blood Drive, Xanadu Next, Trails of Cold Steel

Gu4n

If Cold Steel is indeed the localisation of Sen, I find it hard to imagine we'll ever see Zero/Ao localised. The scripts are immense (the largest in the series, I think), the Evolution versions have its rights split between three companies with voice acting that has to get licensed as well, and the PSP versions are visually less attractive once people have gotten used to the HD Sen duology. There's also a PC version of Zero, but not of Ao as of now.

Aeana

If Cold Steel is indeed the localisation of Sen, I find it hard to imagine we'll ever see Zero/Ao localised. The scripts are immense (the largest in the series, I think), the Evolution versions have its rights split between three companies with voice acting that has to get licensed as well, and the PSP versions are visually less attractive once people have gotten used to the HD Sen duology. There's also a PC version of Zero, but not of Ao as of now.

Ao PC came out in 2013, I thought. EDIT: Yeah

With that said, I agree. Zero and Ao are really complicated to release in any form right now. There's issues with all platforms.

mejin

I agree. I just want to say If Falcom and Xseed can manage to release the newest arc, so be it. I'd be happy with it.

Falcom won't stop to launch new games and Xseed is still having trouble with SC...that's crazy. Impossible to catch up in this rhythm, so maybe it's best to focus on the present, not the past. What's lost is lost. And I'll cheer whatever they can get us.

I guess I have to finish Book of Shadows now. Been avoiding it since I bought them both during the Halloween sale. The ending to that first chapter... never been more distraught over a video game before.

RalchAC

I agree. I just want to say If Falcom and Xseed can manage to release the newest arc, so be it. I'd be happy with it.

Falcom won't stop to launch new games and Xseed is still having trouble with SC...that's crazy. Impossible to catch up in this rhythm, so maybe it's best to focus on the present, not the past. What's lost is lost. And I'll cheer whatever they can get us.

Well, they have to release SC before since the latest localized Trails games ended on a huge cliffhanger. And for what I've read it seems the Third Chapter isn't tied to the same arc as the First and Second, so they may just jump from there to Sen no Kiseki.

Do the HD games have less text than the old ones?

Sitrus

Well, they have to release SC before since the latest localized Trails games ended on a huge cliffhanger. And for what I've read it seems the Third Chapter isn't tied to the same arc as the First and Second, so they may just jump from there to Sen no Kiseki.

Not as much as Zer0/Ao, but still quite a lot. Wish they would get at least 3rd since it´s my favorite game of the series along with Zer0/Ao.

It´s still possible to play Sen without the other games, but Sen II will be a lot harder to follow.

Shiina

Not as much as Zer0/Ao, but still quite a lot. Wish they would get at least 3rd since it´s my favorite game of the series along with Zer0/Ao.

It´s still possible to play Sen without the other games, but Sen II will be a lot harder to follow.

By the time Sen II comes out we'll probably have already developed brain implants that let us learn languages by downloading them from the Google brain.

Gu4n

Take this with a grain of salt since my calculations are far from waterproof, but my results suggested that Sen no Kiseki is around the size of FC (ca. 1,5 million characters) with Sen no Kiseki II slightly larger but nowhere near SC's script (ca. 3 million characters). Again, take it with a grain of salt.

Zero and Ao mount to ca. 4 million characters each, with the latter being the larger one of the two.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How is Sen no Kiseki aka Trails of Cold Steel?

mdubs

Banned
However, yes, it is Trails of Cold Steel, which I am fairly certain is Sen no Kiseki.

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

Well, this is interesting. While I'd be disappointed if XSEED skipped over three games in the series, I'm glad at the possibility of the series continuing in the west.

http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27928&#entry874305

Ooh! Ooh! I wanna guess too!

- Barbie's Horse Adventures 2: The Bloodening
- Castinet Hero
- Big Rigs: Beyond the Road Racing
- Color a Dinosaur DX
- Marmosets Gone Wild
- Blood of the XSEED: The Revenge

...It's gonna be an awesome year. ;)

(That part I'm totally serious about, too! Heheheh)

-Tom

So since we have Xanadu Next, Sen no Kiseki and Corpse party, anyone care to guess the other 3?

Also senran kagura 2

wrowa

Regarding skipping Trails games: Either Tom or SpaceDrake said that they don't plan to skip 3rd entirely, but that they might prioritize other games in the series over it. So, this would definitely fit to that statement - however, it also means that we don't necessarily need to worry about the games between SC and Sen.

At least if the Trails fanbase won't repeat the Sakura Taisen's mistakes.

krYlon

But I wanted to play Zero and Ao first :(

Xanadu Next was a no brainer, it was so obvious they were going to bring that out on Steam/gog . Great game anyway. One that wrpg fans will like too.

I have got to finish FC here one of these days. Maybe once I'm done with DDS. I also need to finish Book of Shadows. I really hope 2015 continuously delivers like this and it's not just hitting everything early then nothing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
For some reason i thought that Xanadu Next was a new game.

Are we sure that Trails of Cold Steel is Sen No Kiseki? Wasn't that called Trails in the Flash? In any case i liked the demo so i would be happy if localized.

For some reason every time i read "cold steel" i inevitably think of the Kayba line in one of the Yugioh games: "Prepare the feel the touch of cold steel as i summon my Vorse Raider!" lol

Vamphuntr

The edit didn't remove anything, the blanks are actually what's returned from a reverse whois. They do that so they can charge people to get the full information.

However, yes, it is Trails of Cold Steel, which I am fairly certain is Sen no Kiseki.

Heh. when I said they would skip the Crossbell games people said I was a moron. Never change GAF.

It will probably be out by 2020.

More Falcom games? And some on PC?

dA9vc.gif

Falcom seems to really be pushing Sen, what with how they got Korean and Chinese translations done officially. It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to accelerate the English fanbase up to that point, as well.

And that series is in Erebonia before the invasion of Liberl, correct?

Sen no Kiseki? I'm shocked, I thought that would never come out here.

All that taunting of the OP in Akiba's Trip will finally be worth it!

Vamphuntr

I'm in for Xanadu Next and Sen no Kiseki but hopefully they don't do like trails in the sky and release part one only to neglect part 2. It would be cool if they did a PC port for it. The vita version was bad, right?

Top Bottom