• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teases 2015 Releases With New Years Image

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lost Dimension... Better than Exstetra though. :p

If they're doing Xanadu Next, then I guess I'll be waiting on that one then before playing a Xanadu game.

And has anyone played Kinki no Magna? How good is it?

Takao

Banned
Why? A Harvest Moon (now Story of Seasons) or RF game has been present on every Nintendo platform since the SNES. RF on the DS, 3DS and Wii. What has changed now for us not to expect either of these franchises "anytime soon, if ever" on WiiU or PS4? They are both wildly popular. Are you insinuating they have become handheld-only titles? If so, that is extremely sad and disappointing.

The games are cheaper to develop on 3DS and historically have sold better on handhelds than home consoles. Wii U isn't exactly a bastion of third party success stories and I'm not sure PS4's userbase would respond well to the series. Though the latter is more a problem for Story of Seasons than Rune Factory.

finalflame

Gold Member
The games are cheaper to develop on 3DS and historically have sold better on handhelds than home consoles. Wii U isn't exactly a bastion of third party success stories and I'm not sure PS4's userbase would respond well to the series. Though the latter is more a problem for Story of Seasons than Rune Factory.

Well, your points make sense. But I still hope we get a RF or SoS on WiiU. GC wasn't exactly a sales powerhouse and still got 3 HM entries (MM, AWL, AnWL). So, here's to hoping.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Help me out here. The 4th silhouette seems to have a person with a sword behind their back. I'm trying to think of the name or find a pick, but it's the kind where on each side, there's curved parts that stick out, like little blade horns on each side.

Something among these lines, but smaller curved parts & the sword's main blade is still straight.
998822723b1c513daf0321012b2d999f.jpg

Shizuka

No one mentioned it yet and I'm looking into it, but you guys should help me out by maybe searching for Ys vs Sora no Kiseki.

UberTag

It feels weird that they would be skipping game in the series.
It's a course of action that makes strong business sense if they want to bring in new audiences with titles that aren't several years old.
No reason they can't plug the gaps with the older titles if Cold Steel finds commercial success.

Ponn

Banned
But aren't the stories tied together? Won't people have trouble following the story

I think companies, especially smaller ones catering to niche audiences, are able to take a chance like that if the options are limited. In this time of wikia's where people can look up and read the stories from past games its not entirely necessary to have access or have played older games.

I was hoping someone would have announced something on this by now, I really want this too.

I heard the game wasn't that good though, despite that I still think Lost Dimension has a good chance of being localized.

My biggest concern is the Japanese sales convincing NA publishers to not bring it over. According to media create the only version that made the top 20 in the first week on sale was the Vita version and it only sold 3800+ copies. :( which makes me sad. The game would definitely sell better here. They should do it like Tales of Hearts R and just release it with Japanese voices and English text.

Shizuka

My biggest concern is the Japanese sales convincing NA publishers to not bring it over. According to media create the only version that made the top 20 in the first week on sale was the Vita version and it only sold 3800+ copies. :( which makes me sad. The game would definitely sell better here. They should do it like Tales of Hearts R and just release it with Japanese voices and English text.

That's Furyu for you, Unchained Blades is still their most successful game.

Reveirg

I wouldn't bet on Lost Dimension or Legend of Legacy. Didn't XSeed imply they weren't going to work with them anymore?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
That bad huh?

It looks.. ok. Has a VC type battle system, but you're usually pretty good with pointing out bad JRPGs and stuff.

Its very, very, very linear unfortunately. Nothing too interesting with the story and characters and the battle system gets real old real fast. :(

Was highly disappointed, considering it was a title I was really looking forward to last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66X7rLcA0Tc

Battles basically think of it like knocking down dominos. Should see what I mean from the link above.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I've been thoroughly looking over the Lost Dimension character art again and again and I get no matches :( I want Lost Dimension

Story and concept is interesting with a varied cast, the downside is the enemy design kinda drag things down, battles also in some ways.

Though its not a bad game, its not an excellent one either. Am sure if it got brought over would find some sort of fanbase though at the right price.

Parakeet likes the SAO game; tread carefully.

Considering it has one of the best combat system designs in a long time Id say it deserves the praise it gets for that alone with the game mechanics. That and it was it was originally done back on the PSP and the Vita version had a huge upgrade. Story / character interaction wise its what you would expect from a SAO title.

Top Bottom