• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED teasing yet another thing to be revealed TOMORROW!

Goli

[Tuesday Tease] Good morning, gamers. The powers that be are going to allow me some fun today (and by fun I mean torturing you all). :D
Brace yourselves. A terrible haiku (in form only) will be coming your way shortly. (I did say this would be painful, did I not?)
*ahem* [Tease Today - Treat Tomorrow] Wearing a dress you / may seek a horse for revenge / to duel distant foes.
I can confirm one of the responses. Congrats to @FinalMacstorm. He has correctly guessed that the clue does indeed refer to a video game. ;P
[Tease Today #2 - Treat Tomorrow] If you crawl nightly / and blind watching eyes, you may / uncover a prize.
[Tease #3-Treat Tomorrow] (not a haiku of dubious quality this time) Tom suggests that: "When in battle, always remember to dock and perry."
Tease /END. The mystery game will be announced tomorrow, but do keep guessing. Your ideas are not unlike a certain breakfast food to me.
https://twitter.com/#!/XSEEDGames
From those haikus I get the impression it has something to do with ninjas or something, but maybe somebody else will be able to decipher these hints properly.
Oh who am I kidding, GAF will have the answer in five minutes.

Eusis

Anything would hint at Trails in the Sky to me unless it explicitly referenced science fiction or modern themes, and maybe even then!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
OreImo portable!
rSr5a.jpg

kuroshiki

Oh shit.

It's Valkyria Chronicles 3.

not really since there is no parry option in VC3. Most likely Rag odyssey

DiscoJer

If it's "Dodge" and "Parry" instead of "Dock", maybe it's another Wizardry game?

At least I remember those being options in the PC games (don't have a PS3, so didn't play that one)

If it's "Dodge" and "Parry" instead of "Dock", maybe it's another Wizardry game?

At least I remember those being options in the PC games (don't have a PS3, so didn't play that one)

I was think of that also. Obviously, Trails SC would be my first choice, but I'd like the second PSN Wizardy game too.

Aeana

After the Unchained Blades thing, I'm thinking the odds of it being anything I care about are slim. We'll see.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I would like for it to be about more Falcom games.

It's not going to be about more Falcom games.

androvsky

Dock and Perry? Sounds like Admiral Perry related stuff, and the haikus sound like Way of the Samurai 4. The prizes uncovered at night, iirc, are women. :)

Dreweyes

I wish XSEED would publish Mother 3 to the 3DSWare shop.
The team that made the English translation offered their work to them...

"Dock" and "Perry" instead of duck and parry...

Mentioning Perry with dock makes me think of Commodore Perry who played big role in opening Japan up to the rest of the world. Are there any games about a concept like that? Opening up Japan? Arguably, the very act of localizing games is "opening up Japan," so maybe it's not a hint that has to do with the actual content of the game other than it being Japanese in origin.

Edit: Beaten by androvsky. Hope it's Senran Kagura related, but I don't believe that it's nautical themed in any way. Well, other than the giant buoys, of course.

androvsky

"Dock" and "Perry" instead of duck and parry...

Mentioning Perry with dock makes me think of Commodore Perry who played big role in opening Japan up to the rest of the world. Are there any games about a concept like that? Opening up Japan? Arguably, the very act of localizing games is "opening up Japan," so maybe it's not a hint that has to do with the actual content of the game other than it being Japanese in origin.

Edit: Beaten by androvsky. Hope it's Senran Kagura related, but I don't believe that it's nautical themed in any way. Well, other than the giant buoys, of course.
Iirc, Way of the Samuai 4 is set during the Perry turmoil. Not sure though.

If it's Way of the Samurai 4, I wouldn't have to preorder the European version. That'd be swell.

iirc, WotS4 has stealth. I doubt it's of the same quality of Tenchu 4 or Shinobido, but if there're hints relating to stealth, it'd fit with WotS4.

RedBoot

Second haiku sounds exactly like the "Night Crawling" in WotS4. Also, it's confirmed for Europe, so there's an English version underway already.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
After the Unchained Blades thing, I'm thinking the odds of it being anything I care about are slim. We'll see.
Amen, everything I click on these threads. I'm always disappointed somewhat, although, they do deliver in a big way when they deliver in regards to these announcements.:p

androvsky

A winner is you. Makes sense with the "dock" part and the rest of the hints clearly imply it's a ninja/samurai game.
Wiki says it takes place in 1855, but with British(huh?) Navy docked in port, and plays a major role in the story. So yeah, Way of the Samurai 4.

Top Bottom