• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED to Publish Three New Indie Games (Shantae, Touhou: Scarlet C., Exile's End)

http://operationrainfall.com/2016/06/02/xseed-three-indie-games/

XSEED has announced that they will be localizing three indie games that span across various consoles.

The games are:

Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero

In the magical world of Sequin Land lives Shantae, a spirited young half-genie. She has dedicated her life to defending her home of Scuttle Town from evil in all forms, and has been called upon again as pirates attack! Using her trademark Hair-Whip Attack and special ability to transform herself into various kinds of creatures by way of magical belly-dancing, she must fight her way through steamy jungles, ancient ruins, and stormy deserts to topple the villainous Barons behind each criminal caper, preparing for the ultimate showdown against her arch-nemesis: the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots

Shanai: 1/2 Genie Hero is coming to the PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Wii U. The title will be released on physical media with a soundtrack for $29.99

Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity

Immortality can be boring. At 500 years old, the so-called “Scarlet Devil,” Remilia Scarlet, is desperately searching for something new to end the monotony. After stumbling upon a newspaper article about a powerful, mysterious monster terrorizing the countryside, she rushes out to see if this could finally be the excitement for which she yearns. Unfortunately, not only is she unsuccessful in her search for the monster, but she returns to find her manor in ruins. It would seem the monster has come to her! With a renewed sense of determination (and a much-needed respite from her boredom), she vows to take revenge on this fiend and make it pay!

Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity will release digitally for PlayStation 4 this Fall.

Exile’s End

In the distant future, mega-corporation Ravenwood exists more as an interplanetary government than a company, controlling commerce and manipulating the economy with its own private army. So when its president’s son goes missing on a remote mining planet and all contact is lost, the company quickly dispatches a team of mercenaries to investigate. Immediately upon their arrival in orbit, however, the team’s ship experiences an electrical failure and careens toward the surface. Numerous soldiers eject from the crashing ship via escape pods, but only one seems to make landfall relatively unscathed: an old, embittered private named Jameson. In his efforts to restore communications on the planet, he ends up discovering the remains of the mining colony and learns a truth far more sinister than he ever could have imagined…

Exile’s End is coming digitally to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita as well as Wii U eShop this Summer.

All three games will be available to play at E3 2016.

Unexpected to say the least

Never heard of Scarlet Curiosity but after looking up some videos all I can say is the soundtrack is incredibly good. Anyone have any impressions with the game?

Tohsaka

This is the third Kickstarter game I've backed that ended up having a physical release announced after the campaign ended with no way to upgrade your pledge. I really know how to pick 'em.

Corpekata

Banned
What does that mean when they say localizing given 2 of the 3 games are western? Porting them to Japanese or in Europe? Exile's End is already out on Steam, so guessing they're just acting as a porting house?

More Touhou is a good thing, especially with Xseed.

Still, it's too bad the push for mainline Touhou games wound up so lackluster. I was really hoping that would be a new chapter in the Westerb fandom (or whats left of it).

What does that mean when they say localizing given 2 of the 3 games are western? Porting them to Japanese or in Europe? Exile's End is already out on Steam, so guessing they're just acting as a porting house?

Im assuming that's just operationrainfall wording it badly. Only Tohhou needs to be localized. And since XSEEd has only one programmer I also doubt they'll be porting anything.

Huh, sounds interesting. XSEED's getting their E3 announcements ready, but at least the Touhou game should be fun. I'd probably get Exile's End on PC if I wanted it, and I think I've got the Shantae games.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Not port begging here but none of these are coming to PC? I haven't really paid much attention to the kickstarters. Or maybe just not yet?

Surprising to see XSeed partner up with Wayforward for Shantae. Well it's waaaaaaay better than teaming with Deep Silver. I hope that's not all of XSeed's announcements for E3.

Not port begging here but none of these are coming to PC? I haven't really paid much attention to the kickstarters. Or maybe just not yet?

Shantae is still coming to PC. Wayforward is probably self-publishing that. Exile's End is already on Steam. The Touhou looks like it is PS4 only at the moment.

Shantae is probably self-publlished on PC by Wayforward, XSEED is just taking care of the physical console release. Exile's End is already out.

Strimei

Surprising to see XSeed partner up with Wayforward for Shantae. Well it's waaaaaaay better than teaming with Deep Silver. I hope that's not all of XSeed's announcements for E3.

XSeed registered a domain for Fate/Extella (PS4/Vita) so that's likely coming as well. I hope.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Shantae is still coming to PC. Wayforward is probably self-publishing that. Exile's End is already on Steam. The Touhou looks like it is PS4 only at the moment.

Thanks guys. Look up Exile's End and wait for Shantae. Will buy some Tough on PS4. Already have the other on preorder.

Appreciate it.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Dear XSEED,

I love you.

You already knew that, though. This is cool. No idea what Exile's End is, but I'm stoked for Shantae, and I'll give the Touhou game a shot.

Gameboy415

Nice!

I already pledged $200 for the Shantae Kickstarter a while back but I will totally buy all 3 physical versions too! :D

takoyaki

Nice, physical Shantae!

that Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity game is a pretty decent take on Ys, I posted some impressions a while ago in an old thread, would have made a new thread if I hadn't been juniored back then.

Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity (東方紅輝心) was released a few weeks ago on PSN in Japan. It's 2500円, Famitsu scored it 7/7/7/6 [27/40], 4.75 star rating on PSN from 1092 people, and it looks gorgeous in those PSN store screenshots:

source

d825e9836b6384bff4b7ewurtv.jpg

bought it, played a few levels. The game plays like the faster Ys games (Oath in Felghana, Origin, 6) and it's actually pretty fun: fast gameplay where you try to avoid being hit by the enemy's attacks and bullet curtains in order to rack up combos and gain exp more quickly, you level up and find new gear. There's a world map where you can pick which stage you want to go to next, each stage has a unique look and there's always a hook to them (platforming sections, the game takes away your map and you have to find your way through a maze by following a will o'wisp, etc.) The story is nothing special but doesn't get in the way either, 2 playable characters to pick from at the start. The game looks pretty good (environments are a bit low poly, effects look terrific but are often overused imo) and it runs buttery smooth at what I'm pretty sure is 1080p/60fps without any tearing. It also has an atmospheric soundtrack that really fits the game, like Ys' but less of a focus on rock.

Very nice. Always love seeing what new things XSEED is localizing and releasing. Will check them out later on.
Lots of things for Vita releasing.

Really happy about Shantae physical release... now time to decide between PS4 or Vita (or just buy both like I did with Dragon's Crown).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I didn't know Exile's End but it looks interesting, i will buy it together with Shantae(finally!).

Top Bottom