• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSS / XSX SSD takes 12 seconds to boot up outter world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses85

Microsoft

giphy.gif

Sony

giphy.gif

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
What? Spiderman is a last gen game. They are talking about the 2019 load demo.
You do realise that they optimized Spiderman for PS5, not to mention it was there best first party example from last gen. MS took the worst offenders, State of Decay 2 and Outer Worlds and showed it without any optimization for Series S/X. Why dont they show how Days Gone loads in PS5?

Bergoglio

Sure but What we have seen on ps5 are average of 2.5 second

Not as relevant as a game with more powerful graphical features like particels, res, frame, world building, texture etc. When I have reduced loading times I'm ok. 2/3 seconds less makes no difference.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Meanwhile, that same video showed various games launching from scratch and from their quick resume feature which only took about 2-3 seconds each before they were able to start playing. The Outer Worlds gets some guff because it's loading times (especially on console) were Morrowind-level bad. 12 second load times on the XsS is faster than they were on my PC when I played it last year.

Stuart360

So probably about 5 or 6 seconds for PS5. At least we can tick off another bit of marketing schpeel with the 'zero load times' crap.
Having said that, going from 1-2min loading, down to around the 10 second mark, is a massive improvement, reardless of what anyone says.

kuncol02

Banned
Source? Honest question.
They talked abut that when they were showing it first time. AFAIR that taken them 2 weeks or something like that.
There is no chance for current games to load that fast without rewriting of loot of stuff in them anyway.

So reading the comments here . Somehow going from 53 seconds to 12 seconds is some how not good enough and slow. I swear , MS can't please anyone here. .

Yes, going from 53 to 12 seconds is bad, but potentially going from 12 seconds to 7 seconds (PS5's theoretical performance level) is next-gen mindblowing.

AlexxKidd

12 seconds? I'd be knee deep into Kena: Bridge of Spirits on PS5 by the time that eternity comes and goes. You snooze you lose.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That seems really slow. Far from the almost instant loads I would expect. Seems like maybe the Xbox IO architecture has more bottlenecks than just the slower SSD vs the PS5.

MarkMe2525

So today just now this was revealed by MS :

cDng6jJ.png

That's not so bad . I expected a bit faster especially since its a last gen game but much better than before for sure.
Shouldn't the title just include series s? They did not demonstrate this loading on the XSX or am I missing something?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I laugh when crazy Sony fans tell me that waiting an extra few seconds is somehow a big deal. SSD madness has infected their brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom