• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSX owners: What're you playing on your new consoles? | Help us amend our understanding of the XSX launch options.

What're your playing on your xBox Series X?

• Next Gen titles (AC:V, the like)

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • XBOne, X, titles

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • 360 titles

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • OG xBox titles

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 76 45.2%

• Total voters

Night.Ninja

Banned
Assassin's creed Valhalla
Assassin's creed Origins
Anthem
Jedi fallen order
Alice madness returns
Killer instinct

I'm currently downloading watch dogs legions and contol

Few indie games here and there the Touryst, the Turing test and Deliver us to the moon.

Quick resume making everything so smooth and easy.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Help “us”, as in the fantard

Fair few people with extremely negative takes on my words :p I was thinking more along collective lines, help us, as a neoGAF user collective, update the general position on XSX games at launch. That general position is that it's lacking, I wanted to give XSX fans a chance to change our minds. To be honest, the incredulity in a very small minority of these posts is pretty nauseating~

I’ll bite anyway.

Atm I’m playing ESO—as usual—along with PoE, Vesperia, Warhammer (the Neocore/ Diablo one) and finishing off Vesperia and FFXV. All of those tiles have seen significant enough performance gains as to play like new.

PoE, pillars of eternity? fuck yes. Very much digging your taste in games here mate.

ESO is capped in all situations. Both Warhammer and PoE have eliminated their tearing/ judder issues without any specific patch. Swapping between Vesperia and FFXV in a matter of seconds when I’m juggling my JRPG itch is a wonder I’ve never experienced even with 20+ years of PC gaming under my belt. Feels almost like a tablet UI In terms of responsiveness.

have you tried persona? i've only known it for the better part of this year but i've beaten 3, 4 and i'm completing 5 atm... mind blowing stuff.

I’m waiting on the Medium and I might pick up Valhalla once my Q80T set arrives next week.

Edit: All Samsung 2020 4-8K 120hz sets are currently on sale in NA if any of you have the $ and inclination. Got mine for $300 off and free shipping.
cheers for the contribution despite your misgivings :)

IS there anyone with an XSX that upgraded from a 1X?

Can you do some vs comparisons of load times between the consoles for games like Wasteland 3, PoE, Pathfinder, Outerworlds?

Basically, does it load instantly on old games?
This felluh i've quoted above gives some thoughts on PoE~

Last edited by a moderator:
Help “us”, as in the fantard-crippled minds who have no interest in a box of plastic that doesn’t come from the church of their preferred corporate overlord? I’ll bite anyway.

Atm I’m playing ESO—as usual—along with PoE, Vesperia, Warhammer (the Neocore/ Diablo one) and finishing off Vesperia and FFXV. All of those tiles have seen significant enough performance gains as to play like new. ESO is capped in all situations. Both Warhammer and PoE have eliminated their tearing/ judder issues without any specific patch. Swapping between Vesperia and FFXV in a matter of seconds when I’m juggling my JRPG itch is a wonder I’ve never experienced even with 20+ years of PC gaming under my belt. Feels almost like a tablet UI In terms of responsiveness.

I’m waiting on the Medium and I might pick up Valhalla once my Q80T set arrives next week.

Edit: All Samsung 2020 4-8K 120hz sets are currently on sale in NA if any of you have the $ and inclination. Got mine for $300 off and free shipping.

What are the load times like on Pillars of Eternity? Is it pretty much instant going between locations?

Tschumi

Playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for the first time. The load times are non-existent with the SSD coupled with quick resume. The game looks amazing.
i can totally get with this. i've recently been playing old gamecube games on pc with dolphin, newer builds of which give the graphics a real boost. It's really letting me go back to days when I would play it on CRT etc... Graphical upgrades really can give games new life... The Wind Waker is a tad shorter than I remember from when I was a kid but dolphin's making it the goat zelda game for mine xP

Path of Exile, sorry. I can download and check out Pillars later, if you want.
oops :p still, cool diablo clone

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Assassin's creed Valhalla
Assassin's creed Origins
Anthem
Jedi fallen order
Alice madness returns
Killer instinct

I'm currently downloading watch dogs legions and contol

Few indie games here and there the Touryst, the Turing test and Deliver us to the moon.

Quick resume making everything so smooth and easy.

My man has some class.

giphy.gif

CAB_Life

Fair few people with extremely negative takes on my words :p I was thinking more along collective lines, help us, as a neoGAF user collective, update the general position on XSX games at launch. That general position is that it's lacking, I wanted to give XSX fans a chance to change our minds. To be honest, the incredulity in a very small minority of these posts is pretty nauseating~

PoE, pillars of eternity? fuck yes. Very much digging your taste in games here mate.

have you tried persona? i've only known it for the better part of this year but i've beaten 3, 4 and i'm completing 5 atm... mind blowing stuff.

cheers for the contribution despite your misgivings :)

This felluh i've quoted above gives some thoughts on PoE~

Haha, ya I was a bit acerbic in my response lol--and that wasn't directed at you, persay. It was entirely in good fun, given that this is an enthusiast forum and the warriors are out en mass these days. Is Persona even on Xbox? I could've sworn it was Playstation and that weird Nintendo offshoot where they look like power rangers.

howitis3

I had a pre order for the ps5 and the XSX and cancelled them both neither have anything to play. i have a ryzen 3900x and a 2080 super. these new consoles just feel like a poor man's pc. i'll purchase them next christmas when they have more to play.

MDSLKTR

I'm playing it more than my ps5 *gasp*. Demons Souls is cool but MW2019 at 4k/120fps is my type of next gen experience.

Tschumi

Haha, ya I was a bit acerbic in my response lol--and that wasn't directed at you, persay. It was entirely in good fun, given that this is an enthusiast forum and the warriors are out en mass these days. Is Persona even on Xbox? I could've sworn it was Playstation and that weird Nintendo offshoot where they look like power rangers.
ah yes of course you're right, sorry, ah but it's worth giving it a try :p P4 Golden on steam might be a good start? But yes good point well taken :p i would say it's the single most successful jrpg at sucking me in thus far... the first hour or two is an extended series of tutorials.. but as the game goes on they consistently introduce tweaks and twists, character changes and new characters, etc, all to keep it engrossing and interesting.. the way they intertwine social links with combat, and the huge range of personas (like, pokemon? summonable monsters) and the intersting way of unlocking them... it's all really tip top.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Tetris Effect Connected
Planet Coaster
Gears Tactics
Halo MCC
Jedi Fallen Order

Desudzer10

I played demon souls for a bit then let my brother borrow my ps5. I prefer the xbox controller and interface, and have been having a blast playing older games. Besides Cyberpunk(and maybe halo), i don't see any new game for any system in the near future thats screaming buy me. So BC it is for awhile.

funcojoe

Destiny 2 lol. Waiting on 60fps patch in dec.

Blops - sick campaign, 120hz multi is responsive as fuck but not feeling cod these days.

Tetris - relaxing i guess.

Ac Valhalla - just noymt into this at all, and its ugly.

Observer - no idea why I bought this. Horrible.

Ori - looks wonderful, show off game, metroidvania nit my style though.

Forza - ehhh I guess it looks good but i played the shit outbof this game 2 years ago.

I really don't care about the bc shit, save for destiny, so yea I have a new console in a new gen and im playing a 4 year old game on it lol.

Mmnow

The issue is that Xbox-only fans have been saying for months and months that there won't be any problem with finding games to play day one on Xbox. The only people disagreeing with that are those with no intention of buying an Xbox.

You know, the same people who were screaming "I want a next-gen only experience like Miles Morales!!!" for months on end? They're the ones that have come to that general position, so it doesn't surprise me fans are jumping on you for stating it as a standard. I'm sorry if people are on the defensive with you, but even liking Xbox a little on these forums feels like an uphill struggle half the time.

Anybody with any insight into the Xbox ecosystem knew that the Series X would offer pretty much the best "launch line-up" of any new console generation before it, just in terms of Gamepass and BC. I've said it before, but with PS4 there was Killzone and then I went back to playing GTA5 on PS3. That hasn't been an issue for either device this time around, thank God.

In terms of what I've been playing:

Jedi
Dirt 5
Tetris
Building up to Ori.

Last edited:

retsof624

I skipped both the One X and the PS4 Pro so the thing I'm most excited about with these consoles is to play better versions of my old games. High resolutions and performance modes that I missed out on. Also finishing games that I had performance issues with last gen (Jedi Fallen Order, Control, Just Cause 3 etc.)

I have the Series X now and whenever I get a PS5 I'm excited to play Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone and God of War at 60fps. Along with Spider man remastered and whatever other games get the fixings before I get a PS5. Once I'm done re-playing/finishing these old games, then I'll start looking forward to the next gen goodness.

BlvckFox

Gold Member
Hopping back into Gears 5.
I’ve been getting a shit ton of mileage out of that. After that, I’ll swim around gamepass for a while.

oldergamer

I've been playing Gears Tactics and its really good! I was shocked at how high res the character models are. I think they might have more detail then Gears 5. The cut scenes are great.

I'm actually wondering if this is a bit of a test bed and they plan to add some light team commands in gears. After playing this game you would fully know how ordering some of your team members would work.

Freeman76

Quick resume doesnt seem to work on most games for me, is there an option to turn it on or something? If I switch between Valhalla, Dirt 5, Gears 5, none of them seem to work with it?

Night.Ninja

Banned
Quick resume doesnt seem to work on most games for me, is there an option to turn it on or something? If I switch between Valhalla, Dirt 5, Gears 5, none of them seem to work with it?

They keep turning it off for certain games and not informing us so whenever I play Valhalla every time I'm about to leave I always save just in case

Tefl0n

Every day there’s a new person who just got into video games and game pass is going to offer them a lot of value. When people say “ there’s no games” it must mean they’ve been playing Xbox one games for 8 years or they’re being a fanboy. If you did not have an Xbox last gen and picked up a XSX, there’s lots to catch up on w/ updated graphics and frame rates. I’m catching up on Halo and Gears on series X. I have a PS5 as well, I’m currently playing GoT

SafeOrAlone

Banned
This last week or so, I've been more addicted to games than I've been in a long time. Like, playing games before starting work - addicted.

I've never been one to really "juggle" games but I'm finding it to actually be fun when it's this easy. Last night I hopped into "Ori..." for an hour, than popped into Dead Space rather seamlessly and kept the game session going. Normally I wouldn't have bothered to spend 4-5 minutes loading up a new game and I'd just call it a night or keep playing "Ori" until I was numb to it. The refreshing change of pace shows benefits on a micro-scale as well, seeing as I barely sat through a loading screen all night. Make no mistake - this dramatically increases the "fun factor."

Other than that, I've been playing a lot of Ninja Gaiden, Halo MCC, and Tetris. My game sessions have been top notch.

Brand spanking new games are what I look forward to, but this lineup kicks absolute ass. A plethora of my favorite games are all here, running better than ever, and some which I haven't had access to in quite a long time, which makes revisiting them in their new, pristine form totally compelling.

Last edited:

BlakeofT

Destiny 2. I switched from PC and it's awful playing with a controller again. PvE not so bad, but man PvP is just terrible. At least there aren't any cheaters :p

TheSweeper

Since I got the Series X I put about 25 hours into AC: Valhalla. I love being able to continue where I left with minimal loading.

splattered

I have almost 500 games on my external drives but right now i'm playing FH4 and Destiny 2. I don't feel desperate for "new games" because i'm still enjoying a huge library of current/older games. As new games are released i'll grab them but i don't feel sad that i didn't get a new Halo with the XSX.

Tulustan

Neo Member
Yakuza 7
Jedi Fallen Order
Halo 5
Gears 5
AC 3 / Liberation Remastered
AC Rogue Remastered
Anthem
Battlefront 2
Dead Space (On 1 but working through all)

Really enjoying quick resume but I haven't gotten to the point where I trust it yet haha.

All are on my external HDD except Gears and Yakuza and everything seems to load much quicker which surprised me.

Top Bottom