• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSX owners: What're you playing on your new consoles? | Help us amend our understanding of the XSX launch options.

What're your playing on your xBox Series X?

• Next Gen titles (AC:V, the like)

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • XBOne, X, titles

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • 360 titles

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • OG xBox titles

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 76 45.2%

• Total voters

nordique

Purely game pass for me at the moment

I’m not a big racing game fan but I’m really enjoying the need for speed titles and especially forza horizon 4....this might be the best racer I’ve played. Other than Mario kart, I haven’t enjoyed playing a racing game this much

NeededSleep

Playing AC Valhalla the screen tearing is so annoying in it. But still enjoyable.

Might pick up AC orgins and odyssey on black friday sale.

I also have a good stack of 360 games i want to replay.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
same as on ps5, nothing.
b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

.hacked

Just got off from a long crap day at work and look what was waiting for me:

wWCnPUQ.jpg

1st game I played was Daytona USA since I had it on one of the usb drives.

Got the new Call of Duty and the Valhalla / Watch dogs legions bundle.

Disappointed to find that Yakuza Like A Dragon is not on game pass, assumed it was. Going to have to get that one later if doesn’t show up on game pass soon.

Destiny 2 doesn’t officially launch for Series X|S till next month :(

I can wait for the update.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Thanks to a desire to retire the old PS3 (still cannot due to the lack of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy and ICO: HD on PS4/PS5) XBL launch spree (and a smaller on PSN too of PS5 titles, but that is for another thread) and thanks to some sales hello belated Birthday+Christmas+NYE/Boxing Day gifts to myself on the Xbox Marketplace (digital):
  • OG Xbox (I have three out of the following on disc, but would not be able to get them sent to me for quite a long while):
    • KOTOR 1&2
    • Morrowind (It was nice to know it has been brought over, I hope they can patch a 16:9 mode someday)
    • Panzer Dragoon: Orta
    • Splinter Cell
    • Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    • Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb
  • XBOX 360 (I have several of these games on disc, but I wanted to get a digital version and I cannot get the discs at this moment)
    • Dead Space 1&2 (yes, EA Play, but if they remove them I think £3.89 each is not bad... DS3... mmmh not sure... Mass Effect? Not as discounted and with a remaster coming out soon, did not buy it and will play on EA Play)
    • DuckTales: Remastered (I have it on PS3 though)
    • The Disney Afternoon Collection
    • Oblivion (£2.99 + VAT, I have it on PS3, but this will scale better on UHD displays too)
    • Monkey Island I&II (remastered edition but will likely only play in original graphics mode, wanted it on consoles too after they disappeared from the App Store, I do not think they survived the migration to 64 bits)
    • Sonic Generations (played and enjoyed Sonic Unleashed already they made that generation on PS3, Werehog sections being a bit bland but not horrible and the classic Sonic 3D running sections looked amazing, but somehow I missed generations)
    • Sonic Adventure (£1.41 +VAT)
    • NiGHTS into Dreams (I have it on PS3)
    • Rage (Id, £2.99 + VAT)
    • Deadly Premonition (I have the Director’s Cut on PS3 and Deadly Premonition: Origins as well as its recent sequel on Switch, but I hope for considerably improved loading times... they are a killer for this game...)
    • The Darkness
    • Prey
    • Beyond Good & Evil HD (£1.69 + VAT)
    • Too Human (£0.00, yup it is free...)
    • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
For Xbox One titles and Xbox Series X I have a few years worth of Game Pass for MS exclusives and some EA Play titles and I have other games on PS4 which do carry over to PS5.

Lack of downloadable PS3/PS2/PS1 games on PSN was/is a mistake. Not a deadly one, but still...

Last edited:

Tschumi

Why do you care? Having more options is a negative now?
That's a really weird take :p i just mean i think it'd be cool if people were playing games i loved so much as a kid with the boosted BC~ only 4 people had selected it on the poll~

JLB

Banned
I would be playing Watch Dogs Legion, but the game literally won't save and Ubisoft is pretty much silent on the issue.

really? btw im experiencing microcuts on my internet, and ive noticed that the ubisoft games i play right now -ghost recon breakpoint and ac valhalla- kick you out automatically. Real shit there.

KO7

Was only planning to download Forza Horizon 4 to hold me over til Cyberpunk 2077, but found myself downloading Shadow of War, Ryse, Jedi Fallen Order, Halo 5, Mortal Kombat X, NHL 20, and Double Dragon Neon as well.

Certinty

Ass Creed Valhalla - 25 hours
Watch Dogs Legion - 5 hours
Dirt 5 - 5 hours
Forza Horizon 4 - 2 hours

X enhanced games all round!

Tschumi

I was playing sphynx just before getting the series x, so ill come back soony to it hah
I've just been playing Lord of the Rings: The Third Age with dolphin, GameCube version but it was on xBox.. i dunno why I'm only seeing it now but this game is incredible.. fully voice acted, including tons of new takes and original wordings of lore by Ian McKellen himself, extensive levels full of neat little hidden nooks, pretty good combat, loot, character models update with new gear and weapons.. pacing.. just a really rich experience.. very good graphics for the time..

.. technically speaking the levels are really artful and impressive, too.. great foliage, scenery, architecture, convincing crags and rivers.. i remember at one point passing a river canyon through mountains, then cackling with delight when i saw that same River cascading down into the following swamp zone in a waterfall.. placed precisely where it should have been.. just amazing.

I only played a bit of it when i had it on my og xBox back in 07 of something, but man is this game awesome!

Hugely recommended, if you can get it for BC. And you like this kind of thing (kind of similar combat system to final fantasy x i think, in a few ways)

MrMephistoX

I have a feeling my xsx is going to be gathering dust for a while. I shouldnt have bought this.

I basically relegated it as my multiplayer machine since the last gen games I still play (Overwatch, Star Wars Squadrons, and PUBG) run way better than on PS5. It’s also a way to boost disc space. Single player is PS5 Multiplayer is SEX.

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

That's a really weird take :p i just mean i think it'd be cool if people were playing games i loved so much as a kid with the boosted BC~ only 4 people had selected it on the poll~
My bad i thought you were saying bc was bad thing. I do have og xbox games like KOTOR but i sometimes forget i have them.

I was enjoying Watch Dogs: Legion until my game started running at one frame per second. I have never fought so hard to acquire a refund for a game. Now, I'm back on my One X playing the Bad Blood DLC. I'm scared to purchase Valhalla, so Yakuza: Like A Dragon may be my next purchase.

Last edited:

faisalasif

It's not like I'm lacking for games to play at the moment but I'm thinking I'm more likely to enjoy GTA 4 then 5, considering the protagonist.. 5 was just too.. extroverted for me.. good call.

What's your PS5 game atm? Played any PS4 titles or just the new stuff?
Demon souls , spiderman and sack boy . I tired Last of us part 2 and days gone as far as Ps4 titles are considered.

Top Bottom