• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSX owners: What're you playing on your new consoles? | Help us amend our understanding of the XSX launch options.

What're your playing on your xBox Series X?

• Next Gen titles (AC:V, the like)

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • XBOne, X, titles

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • 360 titles

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • OG xBox titles

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 76 45.2%

• Total voters

Tschumi

A lot has been speculated and predicted here, but that as always that means nothing until the pudding has been baked and supped upon.

You guys have your XSX consoles, $500 of powah, but there are no exclusive new games for them. The NeoGAF narrative in recent months has been that this sucks but really - - does that bother you? Probably not, I guess. I've been posting about the consoles for months here, and I generally default to the 'proof is in the pudding' wait and see stance. So now I wanna see.

... It's got awesome BC, some cross-gen games like AC, etc.

How're you enjoying your console? Gives us some positive takes~

GymWolf

I'm vaping in to it while switching really fast between Ryse and Crackdown 3.
tenor.gif

onesvenus

AC:V, which although here it's criticised a lot, I'm loving both gameplay and graphically wise.

Forza horizon 4, which I did not play before and was waiting for the XSX to arrive. I have to say I was expecting more graphical improvements to make it more similar to the PC version.

Gears 5, which I didn't play before and it's amazing in coop and with it's 120fps multiplayer.

I also have Doom Eternal waiting and some other Gamepass games to play. It's really missing a big first party, next-gen only title but playing games i had in the backlog feels great.

Tschumi

Why is "AC.V" set as "Next gen title" when it's also on XboxOne?
That's a fair point, but I just reckon it can be counted as such as it was designed with a next gen console in mind. But yeah you're absolutely right.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Gamepass changes the launch scenario from previous generations. Truth be told, I’ve never had so many new games to play on a new console before.

I just finished Gears Tactics, which was easily one of the best titles I’ve played in years. I’m digging into Forza, State or Decay 2, and Hellblade, and I’m constantly impressed. I’m also playing Void Bastards, and Sniper Elite 4, both of which are really terrific games that I’d never have enjoyed without Gamepass. It really is the killer app, at least for me.

Tschumi

Gamepass changes the launch scenario from previous generations. Truth be told, I’ve never had so many new games to play on a new console before.

I just finished Gears Tactics, which was easily one of the best titles I’ve played in years. I’m digging into Forza, State or Decay 2, and Hellblade, and I’m constantly impressed. I’m also playing Void Bastards, and Sniper Elite 4, both of which are really terrific games that I’d never have enjoyed without Gamepass. It really is the killer app, at least for me.
fantastic contribution, just what i was hoping for, thanks. can you give me a blurb on gears tactics? is it, as i've assumed, like er Final Fantasy Tactics meets Gears of War? I imagine it's got cool squad customization and those kinda highlights?

I've never played games quite as I have with Series X. Quick Resume, in conjunction with Game Pass, changes everything and makes it all much more immediate, accessable and enticing.

Ori and the will of the wisps in 6k/60fps (next gen patch) gets most of my time, followed by Yakuza Like a Dragon (new game) and Final Fantasy XV (Xbox One X BC) mostly for Mrs Hix who fancies Gladio. I've also been dipping in and out of Nier Automata (One X BC) just to marvel at how fluid it is at 4k now.

Shout out for Yakuza, one of my most enjoyed launch titles ever. I can't recommend this game enough, especially now it's 100% working flawlessly with Quick Resume.

As I said elsewhere, I couldn't be happier with Series X. It's everything I've ever wanted from Xbox and the future is even brighter. That we now have a generation with two very strong consoles in Series X and PS5 is absolutely a win for us gamers.

I played through Gears 5 for the first time and thought it was a solid, simplistic yet entertaining experience. Not a great game, but good enough to keep my attention. Next up will probably be Wasteland 3 (or The Outer Worlds).

Killer8

Yakuza, Tetris, Dirt 5, Halo MCC, Call of Duty BLOPS CW, Assassins Creed Valhalla (although I may trade the last two for the superior PS5 versions)

kostasfil

Neo Member
I finished the other day, Alan Wake: American nightmare on my new series x.
I also play a lot of The surge 2, Tetris effect, Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4.
Want to get DIrt 5 as well, but dont want to spend 69.99 euro on it.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Give Wasteland 3 a try.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
I would love to play Yakuza once they release SX in my country.

Already saved up some extra cash for Gamepass and a 1TB memory card.

Just kinda anxious because it’s sold out everywhere. Hopefully some shipments reach us soon.

Yakuza 7 and whatever is on game pass. Honestly, it looks worse from the outside. Thanks to all the improvements to loading times and FPS, I am probably playing way more than I did last gen.

Would like an update on upcoming games though. Some gameplay for Avowed or Hellblade would be nice.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Beat Outer Worlds a few days ago

Now I’m playing Ori, Yakuza 0 and Destiny 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Tschumi

Now I am playing Yakuza 0 and Gear 5. Quick resume is a god send. I can play some Yakuza, when I become bored I jump into Gear and play it a bit.
seems like quick resume really is looking like being the best feature, and i reckon i'd feel the same too if I had an XSX~ I've got a sort of quick resume on my vita - more like a sleep with instant save states or whatever - and i like it a lot.

Loads of different stuff as normal. Taken a back seat since i started demons souls and ridge racer 7 on ps3.
nice lol i'm playing persona 5 on a ps3 right now :p

You know what game I'm really interested in trying out on an XSX? Crimson Skies from OG xBox. I wonder if they can really soup that one up~

ZehDon

Gold Member
fantastic contribution, just what i was hoping for, thanks. can you give me a blurb on gears tactics? is it, as i've assumed, like er Final Fantasy Tactics meets Gears of War? I imagine it's got cool squad customization and those kinda highlights?
Pretty much as you’ve described. Think XCOM with a Gears coat of paint, and you’d have a good idea of it. It’s got a few innovations of its own around executions and the way some of the abilities chain together. It’s pretty fast paced, for a turn based game. I couldn’t put it down - and the post-campaign game is good enough that I’ll continue to put some time into it. I really hope they continue this spin off.

Zuzu

The Series X is the best console experience I've had and is significantly improved over the last generation of hardware. In fact those old consoles seem pretty much obsolete to me now, they're worse (and often by a lot) in every single category. I'm primarily playing Black Ops Cold War, Nier Automata, LA Noire and Fallout 4. I'm eagerly awaiting Fallout 4's 60fps update and the Series X update for Control, which I will also start playing properly once that update comes.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The Master Chief collection upgrade just dropped and I'm going to try that out this weekend.

Matt_Fox

I've had the XSX for 10 days now and its been great (playing Jedi Fallen Order, DOA6, Forza 4, Tetris Effect, and modded Fallout 4).

I got my PS5 yesterday (UK gamer) and in less than 24 hours I've had several infuriating software bugs / crashes. It error messages on my kids log-in, and at one point I had a total freeze and had to pull the plug and restart. Astro's has been a real delight though, great freebie.

So far I have to say XSX has been rock solid and much more pleasurable to use. Hope PS5 is just teething troubles.

JCK75

Been playing Call of Duty Cold War, Forza Horizon 4, Overwatch and Minecraft Dungeons (Coop with my son) and a bit of Fallout 4 (I had just started playing it about a week before the Series X arrived and just felt like continuing my game)

Tiamat2san

All of the above.
Right now i am playing mostly yakuza 7 but I tried older games to see the improvements.
After I finished yakuza 7, I’ll replay a mix of 360 games , one games and new games (assassin’s creed, cyberpunk,WD etc)

On PS5, Spiderman first then demon’s souls and days gone.

so it’s about the same approach.

IS there anyone with an XSX that upgraded from a 1X?

Can you do some vs comparisons of load times between the consoles for games like Wasteland 3, PoE, Pathfinder, Outerworlds?

Basically, does it load instantly on old games?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
IS there anyone with an XSX that upgraded from a 1X?

Can you do some vs comparisons of load times between the consoles for games like Wasteland 3, PoE, Pathfinder, Outerworlds?

Basically, does it load instantly on old games?

not instantly but much quicker on games I tried. Games like forza horizon and rocket league are much quicker. When you get into rocket league menu’s everything flys compared to the x

Ogbert

I've had the XSX for 10 days now and its been great (playing Jedi Fallen Order, DOA6, Forza 4, Tetris Effect, and modded Fallout 4).

I got my PS5 yesterday (UK gamer) and in less than 24 hours I've had several infuriating software bugs / crashes. It error messages on my kids log-in, and at one point I had a total freeze and had to pull the plug and restart. Astro's has been a real delight though, great freebie.

So far I have to say XSX has been rock solid and much more pleasurable to use. Hope PS5 is just teething troubles.

Yep. My PS5 has been fucking irritating. It’s been auto deleting my installs. Which is fun.

not instantly but much quicker on games I tried. Games like forza horizon and rocket league are much quicker. When you get into rocket league menu’s everything flys compared to the x
It's mainly the transitions on RPGS that kill me. Quests that require you to dip in and out of town/houses multiple times become a slog when i'm waiting 15 seconds for it to load each time (First world problems, amirite?)

The load times are really the only reason i would upgrade to an XSX. The 1X is great little machine.

"The only problem with the 1x is that it's too good"

JLB

Banned
Just got mine yesterday; playing some of the upgraded previous gen games plus AC. Once Cyberpunk gets released it will be a CP machine for a good time.

CAB_Life

Help “us”, as in the fantard-crippled minds who have no interest in a box of plastic that doesn’t come from the church of their preferred corporate overlord? I’ll bite anyway.

Atm I’m playing ESO—as usual—along with PoE, Vesperia, Warhammer (the Neocore/ Diablo one) and finishing off Vesperia and FFXV. All of those tiles have seen significant enough performance gains as to play like new. ESO is capped in all situations. Both Warhammer and PoE have eliminated their tearing/ judder issues without any specific patch. Swapping between Vesperia and FFXV in a matter of seconds when I’m juggling my JRPG itch is a wonder I’ve never experienced even with 20+ years of PC gaming under my belt. Feels almost like a tablet UI In terms of responsiveness.

I’m waiting on the Medium and I might pick up Valhalla once my Q80T set arrives next week.

Edit: All Samsung 2020 4-8K 120hz sets are currently on sale in NA if any of you have the $ and inclination. Got mine for $300 off and free shipping.

Last edited:
Top Bottom