• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xuan Dou Zhi Wang (Chinese PC fighting game)

Shadow780

Now let's listen to an chinese old folk's rendition of Lady Gaga: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF5WYaoWXI4

I like the intro music...and the band.

1jkeA.jpg

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
no reason why they shouldn't be able to make a 2d game. there's like a bajillion 2d animation houses there with unlimited people that work for free.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Both gameplay and design wise it looks KOFish

Thumbs up!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If I say it looks better than KoF, Fersis will stranggle me. :p

If I say it looks better than KoF, Fersis will stranggle me. :p

It looks as good as KoF, however, I think they skipped the KoF step of hand tracing their models.

...which would have saved KoF fans from XII, if SNK had done the same.

But then again, maybe it's only being a tiny offscreen video helping the game's look, and it looks worse in full quality.

Varth

Both gameplay and design wise it looks KOFish

Thumbs up!

Something more than KOFish. blue character is 90% Mature, if I'm not mistaken, and the fighting system seems almost ripped off line-by-line. That said, I'm impressed. Great work on backgrounds and animations, and it looks very clean. Will check for progress.

hteng

Banned
some of the moves are direct ripped from KOF lol..

ripped moves i've spotted so far.

Iori's hopping kick
Iori's vertical slash
Kensou's kick
Ash's anti air kick, the follow up downward kick looks like suspicious, i can't recall whose move was that.
the super flash looks just like KOF's DM flash
Iori's DM follow up (the black geyser thing)
Kyo's counter (the shoulder tackle)
Iori's crouch heavy punch
K' 's Neo Max
Vice's air to ground slash (without the slashing part)
Rugal/Mature's DM? looks different enough
Athena's standing posture
Athena's projectile
Athena's teleport, it's an anti air sort of move in here.
Heinlein's forward charging move
Freeman's anti air

i mean it's ok to have similar moves but don't go and copy the posture blindly lol

looks pretty good to me actually. Want to play it now, haha. Plus they seem to show some guy playing with 1 hand on a joystick and some dude playing with a keyboard after the 5 minute mark.

was this at an arcade expo?

GrayFoxPL

Looks awesome.

Like Rumble Fish + KOF.

I don't see much coping in this. In 90ties there was much more ripping off going on in 2d FG.

This shit actually looks fresh.

Samoora

wow just got dong dong and lady gaga cover out of this thread. how have i been missing out on dong dong. thank you gaf

Dambrosi

Banned
Gotta admit, some of that animation looks niiiiiiiiiiice.

If it's a Chinese PC game, what are the chances it's f2p?

Searching the game title in Chinese characters yielded some news articles on it, with character art and direct screens.

I6EBB98AF27E.jpg

54QZG84R0ZM8.jpg

17I3B99TE5AK.jpg

CE42XK928668.jpg

cebsqJzJ5IedU.jpg

ce4AgR26otcjE.jpg

I like the aesthetics a lot, even if they're cribbed pretty wholesale from KoF.

klee123

Compared to what?

I'd say they're pretty oppsite from boring/bland.

COnsidering that the examples you've chosen are designs which date back to the early to 90s. It's not a very fair comparison.

That said, these designs look so unoriginal, which is expected considering that the game looks like a complete KOF ripoff.

Timeless, instantly recognizable fighting character design is not bland.
And this game revels in a retread of KOF's recent 'looks like a clubber/rave addict instead of someone who spent their lives learning to fight' school of design.

To some people, yes it is.

The whole look like "clubber" that only a few characters have must be working for you considering your Poison avatar.

Crocodile

Searching the game title in Chinese characters yielded some news articles on it, with character art and direct screens.
17I3B99TE5AK.jpg

I like the aesthetics a lot, even if they're cribbed pretty wholesale from KoF.

I swear Athena looks different in every KOF. I don't recall where that gimmick started but they do sure like to run with it. :p

Haha, they weren't even trying to make that girl look different from Athena, if that artist drew her in a KOF it'd be the same damn person. That's just wrong. XD

This is why I'm glad that SNK did go with 3D models.

1. They kinda did if you look into how they made the sprites

2. Why? Game looks at least as good. (I won't say "better" because I don't feel like starting a debate)

3. Is the quality of the game's graphics worth KoF12 to you?

Top Bottom