• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xuan Dou Zhi Wang or: What the hell is this awesome looking game

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
xuan-dou-zhi-wang-characters.jpg

It looks to be a Chinese fighting game exclusively for PC.

That's just... what. None of that seems normal.

Visually, it looks amazing, maybe even better than KoFXIII. The character designs are great and the soundtrack is pretty cool too.

xuan-dou-zhi-wang-h1.png

And Terry Bogard is in it?

xuan-dou-zhi-wang-selection-screen-august2013.jpg

Fighter's Generation link

I really hope this gets localized. It looks beyond awesome.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tencent made some Deal with SNK so they can use some of their characters.

IIRC there was a thread about this here a few year ago. I played it before and it plays actually like a more simple KoF.
Yup, and most of the cast are KOF clones. There are a couple of characters that play exactly like Athena and Leona.

I played this some time ago, back when it was less of a hassle to actually get it to work than it currently is (it was still a major pain in the ass). I believe it's still in beta to this day. It had issues but they were continuously being worked on and overall it was shaping up to be a really solid game. System-wise, if you've played KOF '97 you'll feel at home there, and even though a lot of animations and moves are straight-up lifted from other games, there is a lot a of mix-and-match going on and it does result in interesting characters most of the time.

At first I thought it was 2D but then I realized its all 3D.

It looks super great, I hope KOF 14 uses the same techniques.

Or a metal Slug using this Engine hngggg
And made by Nazca Corp ;_;

used to play it and stopped after the roller skate girl was added. Graphically it doesn't look too hot in action. They basically animated like sprites but with 2d models so the animation looks janky at times. Gameplay wise it's pretty fun. It plays closer to an older kof like 98 and it even has a Max mode. One gripe I had about the game was the throws. It utilized 2 button throws with kof throw mechanics, while doing barely enough damage. In kof throws are usually one button but there is something calked alternate guard where if you are changing crouch and standing, you cannot be thrown. Since there are 2 button throws in this game, you will easily whiff and get punished for it.

The game is overall fun though. They update the game consistently and tried to balance it. Terry at release was ridiculous, he can juggle you into the corner, had stun combos and damage hitconfirmed out of his ass since his power charge launches them and you can juggle with crack shoots. He eventuakky got nerfed. I also heard that Terry and Benimaru got remived, so they were only temporary.

My favorite character to play was King. He was basically SF4 Ryu but with a run and hop arcs. Really goid offense and zoning. He had a lot of Ryu shenanigans like juggling air to air with jump strong or this neat hurricane kick crossup into super which goes slow like yoga catastrophe.

https://youtu.be/LIjXHWcdTwI

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think it looks alright for what it is, I'd love to give it a chance on an English release.

Really low chance of that imo. The lobby music they play licensed music and what-not because of chinese laws allowing that (or pretty much not giving a shit about copyright to be more accurate). They literally played What Does the Fox Say as lobby music randomly for a period of time. Probably one of the most inappropriate songs for a fighting game ever.

thelastword

Banned
Looks like a combination of tekken and snk characters. I'm seeing panda and Jun Kazama, Eddy Gordo, Law and a mix between Xiayou and Alisa. These are more tekken characters though.

Ahh, just watched the footage, it definitely takes a strong reference from KOF, there's the iori look alike etc..looks pretty good.

SolVanderlyn

I'm trying to identify all of the ripoffs in this video. It's bugging me. The soda crushing guy is obviously Ryu. The big guy has Abel's Tornado Throw. The blonde girl has Kula's Diamond Breath. The baggy pants girl has Kim's Hienzan. There's a few more that seem really familiar but I can't put my finger on at the moment.

Keep in mind these comparisons aren't claiming exact likeness, and many of them are from Fighter's Generation (AKA from someone who knows fighting games much better than I do), but this is a list of who seems to be inspired by who.

Yan - Kyo

Ell Blue - Not sure

Claire Fox - No idea

Brazel - Iori

Ameth - Morrigan, Rose, I-no

Kaouru Kuraki - Athena

Tsukikage Arashi - Freeman

Ray - Alex/Abel

Long - Bruce Lee and all of his knockoffs

Panda Wojownik - E. Honda

Cool B - Seems pretty original, FG claims he takes some inspiration from Bao

Lee Won Hee - Juri (And a much cooler one at that!)

Legend - Original

Shanwoo - Terry Bogard

Prayuth - Adon, Joe Higashi

Linn - Sakura

Wuxie - Yun/Yang

Ruriy - Ingrid

Shirley - Poison, Mature, Vice

Jack - Dante, Vergil

Yunfei - Chris Redfield

Sheva - Trap character

King - Ryu (another one that surpasses his inspiration, IMO)

Ciel - not sure

Xeno - Maxim

Blast - Kazuki with a guitar

Seal - Sogetsu with a guitar

Andrei - Vanessa, Dudley, Balrog

Ell Blue has many of Leona's Heidern's normals, and he is pretty damn good because Leona has damn good normals to begin with but he could hitconfirm them into pretty great damage.

Brazel is more like Chris, and Brazel is the last boss with a super form, which is parallel with Orochi Chris, and he also is the host for Orochi in KOF.

Claire is very similar to Kula with the ice powers.

Ruriy isn't anything like Ingrid though, they don't really share any moves or stance. Ruriy always had the Juri face to me, but she plays pretty unique to herself imo.

Legend is close to Akuma in likeness and has Ryo's air kicks. His moves look different than Akuma's but their function is very "shoto-like".

Shirley is a female Goenitz pretty much, which is funny because in MUGEN people made a female Goenitz called Goeniko.

Sheva is really a gay Benimaru (yea Beni is straight) in playstyle. He's way more flamboyant and really does play up the camp gay theme.

All the characters aren't 1 to 1 matches though, there are many differences between the characters and the fighters they are based off of.

PSqueak

Banned
Saw a video of this, it's so bizarre that this is basically a SNK approved bootleg KOF.

But holy shit, the grafics are awesome, really digging the style.

SolVanderlyn

Ell Blue has many of Leona's Heidern's normals, and he is pretty damn good because Leona has damn good normals to begin with but he could hitconfirm them into pretty great damage.
This is so fascinating, because Ell Blue is an absolutely amazing character design, and I never made the connection that he was a male Leona.

ell-blue.jpg

One of the coolest looking fighting game characters I've ever seen (and there are a lot of cool looking fighting game characters.)

Kinda sad that this apparently can't get localized. They can't just change the music?

Top Bottom