• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0. 1/24/17 Less than a month to go. Let's make a difference.

I want to buy this, I have enough in best buy gift cards to do so, but it's not coming up for In store pickup at my local one? Is it likely they'll have it, or a foreboding sign?

In non-spoiler terms, when does the game switch over to Goro's scenario? Does it bounce between the two characters, or do you need to play through one character's story to completion and then the other's?

Bounce. Not too long, unless you spend a shit load of time on side-missions and activities.

In non-spoiler terms, when does the game switch over to Goro's scenario? Does it bounce between the two characters, or do you need to play through one character's story to completion and then the other's?

I believe it's every
chapters that the game switches to the other protagonist. There's also a recap that you can watch everytime you switch so you're not lost.

SOLDIER

Bounce. Not too long, unless you spend a shit load of time on side-missions and activities.

I've been doing just that; I can barely walk one side of the street to the other without running into a new sidequest (that's not a complaint).

On the subject, are any of the sidequests missable based on story progression?

I've been doing just that; I can barely walk one side of the street to the other without running into a new sidequest (that's not a complaint).

On the subject, are any of the sidequests missable based on story progression?
Not really. There might be some that are locked to particular chapters, but even if they are then you can just play Premium Adventure mode after you clear the game and then complete them.

I'm still gonna go for it.

So am I XD

Don't get me wrong, its a dead fun plat to get bar that one stupid trophy! Just take your time and divide time between picking away at the completion list along with doing the side stuff and main story missions. And if you have any problems with a mini game let me know, as I should hopefully be able to help!

I'm watching my Amazon order like a hawk. Its scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but its still not shipped yet (along with RE7). So glad I still have Yakuza 6 and Gravity Rush 1/2 to finish to keep me from blowing up!

jrush64

Banned
Apparently Yakuza 0 doesn't have release date delivery anymore. Both games are now showing January 27th delivery date. WTH Amazon.

Impulsor

Don't get me wrong, its a dead fun plat to get bar that one stupid trophy! Just take your time and divide time between picking away at the completion list along with doing the side stuff and main story missions. And if you have any problems with a mini game let me know, as I should hopefully be able to help!

I'm watching my Amazon order like a hawk. Its scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but its still not shipped yet (along with RE7). So glad I still have Yakuza 6 and Gravity Rush 1/2 to finish to keep me from blowing up!

Thank you so much. Will do!

If have questions or need help I'll make sure to throw some questions your way! :)

Hasney

Translation: Jim Sterling said the game isn't too fond of having mission markers on the map.

Oh, the sub-story stuff? once you have one activated, it leads you to the goal but yeah, there's no starting points on the map. It works quite well because then you just get stopped in the street and discover stuff.

Main mission is always marked.

schaft0620

I got a text from Best Buy that my order is ready to pick up for tomorrow, this is kinda a low key game that really shouldn't have a hard street date anyways so I am going to play dumb and try to pick it up today.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I got a text from Best Buy that my order is ready to pick up for tomorrow, this is kinda a low key game that really shouldn't have a hard street date anyways so I am going to play dumb and try to pick it up today.

it won't work. their systems won't let them sell it, this is what they told me when i tried to pick up kof14 a day early.

Would love it if i could have my avatar all Yakuza'd up!
pA1geDSTJ.png

Could someone please put the Yakuza supporter on my avatar? Many thanks. I have the pleasure to own all of the games. 0 is on it's way!!!
pA2kWTEs9.png

Awwww, yiss! Base.com notified me it's been dispatched and after a weekend with Nioh getting my ass kicked i'm looking forward to being the one dishing out the hurt for once :)

Busy week ahead with Yakuza 0 and the Moogle/Chocobo Carnival in FFXV!
Just give me your avatar :)

Been thinking about changing to a Yakuza avatar but this one goes so well with my RL name and being a Suikoden fan. If some Yakuza'd me up with a supporter avatar I'd be super thrilled.

Looks like Amazon Prime will fail to get me the game for release day. My fingers are itching for it and I worked hard to wrap up Doom this weekend so I'm all set. Hoping for Wednesday at least.
pA2yb6tJm.png

muteki

On saturday. Spoke to someone who said Ill get both on Tuesday. Then order was cancelled today. Placed order again and its giving me Friday.
Yeah that is too recent, missed the boat for release date delivery unless you can get them to change it.

I have prime. I dont know whats happening with the dates. I live in DC. I can get orders same day.
it's probably just the site saying something but it not translating to what's actually happening with your purchased item. you can always call in and ask a rep and they'll figure it out for you. someone in this thread did that

JJShadow

Translation: Jim Sterling said the game isn't too fond of having mission markers on the map.

And I'm really glad there are no markers for side-stuff in the map. I love walking around Kamurocho and discover an unexpected sidequest/activity in every corner

For the completionists
I've read there is an item you can acquire later on to mark stuff on the map tough

schaft0620

I've bought This and RE7. Gravity Rush fell by the way side though.

Don't let your dreams be dreams, GR2 is amazing.

it won't work. their systems won't let them sell it, this is what they told me when i tried to pick up kof14 a day early.

I am still going to try

i got a best buy pick up notification for tomorrow as well

I will report back in 2 hours if they let me pick it up.

jrush64

Banned
Did you cancel the order or did they?

I cancelled. The Rep couldnt cancel on their system but I was able to do it from my account. You know even my Kingdom Hearts date got changed to Wednesday instead of Tuesday and I ordered that December 8th. I don't know what the hell happened.

schaft0620

damn maybe i should've went through amazon =)

No matter what I do I never get it right, sometimes BB delivers early, sometimes Amazon delivers early, sometimes Walmart breaks street date. One thing is for sure, whomever is sending it out early, that is who I didn't pre-order from.

luulubuu

Amazon said my copy is on the way! I bought this last year but I want to support the western localization a bit more, also if someone wants the yakuza supporter banner in their avatars, please DM me and I will do it :D!

See you all in Kamuro-cho!

Backflip

Both games are great in very different ways. Resident Evil 7 will keep you occupied for 10 hours. With Yakuza 0, you will stay in Japan for about a hundred hours.

Kyonashi

I promised myself I wouldn't buy this until I've finished Last Guardian and Dark Souls III, but I'm now noticing low stock in a lot of places in the UK.

Is this title likely to be out of stock in six weeks time or will I be able to pick it up physically once discounted?

I've watched the Nugget scene twice on YouTube and I'm itching to play it.

Top Bottom