• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 shows "PS4 Console Exclusive". Coming to PC? (Nah)

Varth

This series needs a larger fanbase to live in the WEST. I thought by now everybody would have realized that. Also, the "keep your esclusive, Sony!!!1" shit is funny. Its not like it was a paid esclusive at any time. It was only because there was no market for it anywhere else as the Wiiu collection showed. If PC port can have a role in getting new chapters in english, why not.

Wtf so confusing why can't SEGA just be straight up to clear the confusion better not change statement later

Of course they will change it later. PR will do PR and won't let cat out of the bag. The same thing happened for NieR Automata.

well the 5 month delay of persona for the west is proof of that.

That is, english only, with another publisher taking publishing duty in Europe. And in today's standards, 5 months delay can be seen as such in a world of worldwide releases.

Shadoken

I think "PS4 Console Exclusive" = Third party exclusives that may or may not be ported to PC/Mobile/Arcade , the Sony contract probably just states that PS4 is the only "Console" it can appear on. So Sony is just playing it safe and saying PS4 console exclusive on the box.

"Only on Playstation" = Sony IP, never coming on anything else apart from PS.

It makes sense that stuff like KOF14 , NiOH and Yakuza are labelled "PS4 console exclusive" because their contract with SNK,Tecmo,Sega probably allows to to release on PC. But it is still up to those devs whether they do it or not.
It isnt a Confirmation of a PC release sadly :(

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
None of my games have that, its always PlayStation Exclusive., I have SFV too and that don't say that either.

jmga

None of my games have that, its always PlayStation Exclusive., I have SFV too and that don't say that either.

xVi4XUW.jpg

salromano

I think "PS4 Console Exclusive" = Third party exclusives that may or may not be ported to PC/Mobile/Arcade , the Sony contract probably just states that PS4 is the only "Console" it can appear on. So Sony is just playing it safe and saying PS4 console exclusive on the box.

It makes sense that stuff like KOF14 , NiOH and Yakuza are labelled "PS4 console exclusive" because their contract with SNK,Tecmo,Sega probably allows to to release on PC. But it is still up to those devs whether they do it or not.

Outside of how Sony labeled Nioh at that PSX announce, Koei Tecmo hasn't said anything to indicate a PC release. In fact, even their most recent press release mentions, "Nioh is in development exclusively for the PS4 system."

Pack it up for now. For anyone getting interested in the series for a possible future PC port of 0, I would highly recommend checking out Yakuza 4 on ps3 to start. 100% worth it and you can probably pick up a ps3 on the cheap these days.

BigEmil

Then they should just write "3rd party exclusive" then not some confusing mess

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to say I'm surprised at seeing someone come in here and go 'oh no please no' would happen but I guess not. A series that sells so fucking poorly over here that it takes a few years to get the next entry after Japan.

So the first thought isn't 'Oh if more platforms play it then it might sell more and get us fans versions quicker' it's 'MY FAVOURITE ELECTRONICS BOX ISN'T GETTING AN EXCLUSIVE!' Even when nowhere near confirmed, just the thought of it sets them off.

Fuck sake.

Corpekata

Banned

The OP has Akiba as an example of Only on PS label and it is most certainly not a Sony IP (and there's tons of other examples out there as well).

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Sega, the world's foremost developer of PC strategy games, putting a game from the makers of Binary Domain on Steam.

Vs.

The label is different in other regions.

I know which bet I'm taking.

The same Binary Domain sold 250k on Steam and was really well received by PC players?

If Sony isn't paying for them not to do it I see no reason why Sega wouldn't do this but probably not for a while after release.

Reminder: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077085

And notice the overlap in posters handwaving this, lol.

Ganado

Some things are just not meant to be. Problem with SEGA is that it doesn't seem that they are porting anything themselves for a quick release. They just pick a random title to get ported unlike say Bandai Namco that quickly pushes out PC ports for a release with the console release.

mejin

The more people get to play it the better. Yakuza such an amazing and underrated franchise.

And they can play, if they really wanted.

Some people are always saying they are all about games, but what they really want to say is: all about games in their platform of choice.

e-gamer

It's not a matter of "whether" but "when".

Kof is still arcade ain't it. Its not like these can never be considered in the future so can't write them off completely.

KoF XIV isn't in arcade. And considering how well KoF sold on Steam, it's a safe bet. The "Console Exclusive" bit isn't for fun or just a mistake. It just means that it's coming soon to platforms that aren't consoles.

I would love to say I'm surprised at seeing someone come in here and go 'oh no please no' would happen but I guess not. A series that sells so fucking poorly over here that it takes a few years to get the next entry after Japan.

So the first thought isn't 'Oh if more platforms play it then it might sell more and get us fans versions quicker' it's 'MY FAVOURITE ELECTRONICS BOX ISN'T GETTING AN EXCLUSIVE!' Even when nowhere near confirmed, just the thought of it sets them off.

Fuck sake.

I fucking hate when people do that. You're not in grade school anymore, stop acting like you are. It's embarrassing as fuck

Top Bottom