• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0's new beta patch removes Denuvo, adds ultra-wide support and an FOV slider

Helios

https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1776010325134009474/?ctp=2
Hi Yakuza fans,
We’ve got another patch to address some issues we’ve seen mentioned in this forum. We’re releasing in beta first. As always, beta patches are opt-in only; if you are not experiencing any issues with Yakuza 0, we recommend not downloading this patch.

For those who wish to download the patch, your feedback is always greatly appreciated. Please remember to post your system specs when posting issues; it helps our trouble-shooters tremendously.

To access the beta patch, please enter the password below in the BETAS tab in Properties in Yakuza 0 in your Steam library.

Branch: community_test_branch
Password: DragonOfDojima

• Fixed an issue related to shaders and shadow rendering affecting lighting/skin tone (most noticeable during cut scene at the end of chapter 6)
• Fixed an issue where certain particle effects were not being displayed (most noticeable when using certain weapons like the cannon)
• Improved ultrawide display support
• Added FOV slider in advanced graphics menu
• Added border artwork displayed during areas with locked aspect ratio when played in non-16:9 display modes
• Added Background audio slider in audio menu
• Added UI toggle in settings menu
• Added target monitor output selection option for multi monitor setups in advanced graphics menu
• Added support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard layouts
• Fixed an issue where disconnecting a controller during conversation could cause a soft lock
• Fixed an issue where mouse cursor would be confined within application window while in menus
• Fixed an issue which could cause a crash when playing the fishing mini game
• Fixed an issue where the game could crash if the installation folder path includes a dot
• Improved behaviour of camera control when using a mouse to use raw mouse input
• Improved mouse scroll wheel behaviour
• Improved Alt+Tab behaviour

Thanks,
SEGA Dev
The removal of Denuvo is not yet officially confirmed since this is only available on the beta branch but people are reporting that the .exe has gone from 200mb to 20 mb and that the intro is much smoother.

Nice! Hopefully these are things they'll have included in Kiwami when it launches next week. I mean, Denuvo will probably be there, but the ultra-wide and FOV support would be appreciated.

Vitacat

If Denuvo really is removed I will consider buying the PC version.

I wonder if this would play decently on my GPD Win 2. That would be pretty cool.

Halo0629

I don't think there's even a point of keeping denuvo anymore since the game got pirated like last year.

If Denuvo really is removed I will consider buying the PC version.

I wonder if this would play decently on my GPD Win 2. That would be pretty cool.
I played it on GPD Win 2, it's 60fps in interiors, 25-40 in Kamurocho and 20-30 in Osaka with 50% render scale at 720p and everything on low. It runs decently enough to play through, especially when you just want to do a little pocket racing.

BigBooper

Nice! Hopefully this makes a GOG release more likely. I played it once on PS4 but will double dip to play it again if so.

Kazza

It's a shame we don't have access to detailed sales figures anymore, otherwise we could see how much Denuvo removal on an existing release really affects sales. I'm still of the opinion that the anti-Denuvo crowd on steam is a very small, but very vocal, group (in the hundreds, if that). That said, I'm not complaining about the removal at all. Hopefully all the other fixes solves the remaining issues still experienced by some set ups (reaction on steam seems positive so far)

Top Bottom