• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 1+2 HD for Wii U announced

.la1n

bHJQMUt.png

SEGA Direct, LOL

Looks like he has taken a break from the tanning beds, good for him.

this... this makes no sens. I'm happy more people can enjoy the glory of Yakuza series but this is just wrong on so many levels. Late port of decades old games that have no fan base on this manufacturer and that have no chance whatsoever to play the new games of this same franchise.

I don't get it.

It's so out of all logic.

this... this makes no sens. I'm happy more people can enjoy the glory of Yakuza series but this is just wrong on so many levels. Late port of decades old games that have no fan base on this manufacturer and that have no chance whatsoever to play the new games of this same franchise.

I don't get it.

Sounds like a lot of previous Wii U releases, to be honest.

At least the PS3 version is region-free.

DJIzana

I'm totally down for that Yakuza 1&2 HD port.

What would be awesome is if they remade Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 in HD or brought the Gamecube one back from the dead on the Virtual Console, including online play. I know I'd definitely buy it...

I don't get it.

On the other hand, actual games on the Wii U.

Yay.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
If this hits NA, it might sell my fiancé on a Wii U @__@

crinale

Would Japanese audience triple-dip for this??? I doubt it...
Well at least SEGA is showing some support to the WiiU, good thing :D

Glass Rebel

I did not expect this. I assume that if it sees a release in the West, it will be published by Nintendo.

Also, Nagoshi looks good again!

Kyon

Banned
We all know this has no chance of coming to America. Come on now...

This came out on the PS3 ages ago

The mere thought is hilarious.

If the PS3 versions struggled to get localized this has no chance in hell especially when I predict it won't sell

I don't get it.

It makes sense for crazy Japan. This'll never happen in the US/Europe.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's funny how many people didn't even realize this collection was already out on PS3.

web01

If the Wii u version somehow got localised and not the ps3 version I might commit.

Realistically were probably getting neither also where is my Yakuza 5! SEGA!

Pooya

looks like Sega is doing something with Nintendo, the have 7 WiiU game SKU for the year! unprecedented partnership.

It's much more incredible seeing people shouting ALL OVER MY FACE for a port of 2 seven years old games which already came out on the PS3.

Especially with the previous bitching from Nintendo fans about getting late ports.

Hell, this late port probably won't even get localized.

Top Bottom