• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 1+2 HD for Wii U announced

Gadirok

Bad move. Awful sales incoming xP.

Given its already been released on the PS3 in japan, I'm more curious if Nintendo landed an exclusive deal for the HD localization in NA and EU, which wouldn't make much sense considering 1 and 2 have already been released everywhere on PS2.

I'm still hoping that with the localization of this, Sega plans to localize the PS3 HD collection at the same time. I really wanted to get into this series, just not enough to buy a PS2 for it.

Hell, even a wiiU localization will convince me to get one down the line sometime, just not anytime soon. Focusing on PS3 right now and finishing my backlog before I move onto next-gen consoles.

Dat MGS legacy collection + The last of Us.

AzaK

Wii U, the late port machine. I guess when no one is making new software for your machine you gotta get something.

nordique

better than nothing i suppose; as an announcement its pretty impressive but I would be more impressed with landing yakuza 5 stateside or the next yakuza entry (even if its multi)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne0ljRRIJFc

Q. next rgg on willu?
A. unlikely...

Q. 3ds?
A. No

Q. vita?
A. it's natural that you expect that...hmm...

Q. Shenmue?
A. No

Unprecedented.

No one should be shocked and if I were thinking rationaly I would want the next Yakuza on powerful next gen HW and not WiiU. Although if it came to PS4 and WiiU I wouldn't object but I hate when games aren't on good HW and we miss out on potentially great graphics plus other inherited benefits of making games on the best HW.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Disappointing - thought the ports would mean the IP has a future on WiiU.

AntMurda

They did this too see if the series will have an audience on Nintendo consoles, if it sells well enough they will probably bring the next Yakuza game, It's just a matter of time before Nintendo buys Sega outright :)

You understand it is going to bomb right? I'll take the Vita version as hinted with trophies. Buying SEGA would be dumb. Try convincing the investors on that one.

Meelow

Banned
You understand it is going to bomb right? I'll take the Vita version as hinted with trophies.

It...Will probably bomb seeing the PS3 version did and I doubt they will advertise it much...

Maybe we will be lucky though and they will bring it too NA and EU.

Mr.Fresh

They did this too see if the series will have an audience on Nintendo consoles, if it sells well enough they will probably bring the next Yakuza game, It's just a matter of time before Nintendo buys Sega outright :)

I'm not sure if we see the same interview Q&A.

Q. next rgg on willu?
A. unlikely...

Q. 3ds?
A. No

Q. vita?

Q. Shenmue?
A. No

PS4/PSV ?

I hope the series makes its way to the god damn west. They can't just leave us hanging at 4 :(

Also it seems they have already acknowledged that the edition is going to flop. Confirms my thoughts that this is more of Nintendo persuading Sega to do something.

I still feel like there must be some sort of western co-promotion/publishing deal in the wings (a la DQIX, MH3, SW3, etc). Yakuza 1&2 HD on Wii U really just makes no sense without it?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I still feel like there must be some sort of western co-promotion/publishing deal in the wings (a la DQIX, MH3, SW3, etc). Yakuza 1&2 HD on Wii U really just makes no sense without it?

Doubt it, without long-term commitment from the IP holder Nintendo would indirectly promoting the next Yakuza title on competing plattforms. WiiU is struggling and Nintendo is happy for every bone they can get, so it doesnt have to make much sense.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
This is really disappointing if true. This series is the only series that can make me buy a PS4 (well, unless The Last Guardian finally returns), so it would be really nice to see it go multiplat. Nintendo should just buy Sega outright so we wont have to deal with stuff like this anymore :(

L Thammy

Q. next rgg on willu?
A. unlikely...

Q. 3ds?
A. No

Q. vita?

Q. Shenmue?
A. No

It sounds like he's giving full answers in the video. Is it actually accurate or is it an oversimplification? He also makes mention of the Gamepad and F-Zero.

Personally, I'm really excited by this game. I've only heard of this series a year or two ago, so being able to start from the beginning would be great. Hope it's localized.

DrWong

Kotakoopa published an article about this interview, with their own translation.

Yakuza on the Wii U Is an "Experiment" and Not Happening for the 3DS

- Yakuza 1 & 2 HD on Wii U > test ("To be honest, we're not aiming to see if the game will be a smash hit," said Nagoshi. "Our real intention is that we want to see how people respond.")
- No Yakuza for 3DS
- A Yakuza title for Vita confirmed ("Elsewhere in the interview, Nagoshi was asked if Yakuza was coming to the PS Vita. The game producer replied affirmatively")

Kotakoopa published an article about this interview, with their own translation.

- Yakuza 1 & 2 HD on Wii U > test ("To be honest, we're not aiming to see if the game will be a smash hit," said Nagoshi. "Our real intention is that we want to see how people respond.")
- No Yakuza for 3DS
- A Yakuza title for Vita confirmed ("Elsewhere in the interview, Nagoshi was asked if Yakuza was coming to the PS Vita. The game producer replied affirmatively")

Confirmed? Are you sure about this?

If this comes to the US I could see myself buying it if it's superior to the PS3 version, but I have my doubts about the franchise. I have only played 4, I have Dead Souls but haven't played yet. Here's hoping by e3 Sega announces it for the west!

MC "Users are asking if there'll be a 3DS version"
Nago-san "Well... If you don't mind a Yakuza version that lacks pedestrians in the streets, then maybe there'd be a 3DS version..."

Did he really said that?...The PSP game have pdestrians right?

Welp this basically confirms that Nagoshi dosn't have real interest on Nintendo console. Or at least Yakuza is too rooted on Sony consoles.

Guys, remember to hijack the Japanese Yakuza 1+2 Miiverse community once the game comes out, so Sega will release it in the west.

It worked for Earthbound at least.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

- No Yakuza for 3DS

Hilarious interview.
I guess this is the one Segata said sounded like Nagoshi was almost apologizing for releasing it on Wii U.

Top Bottom