Yakuza 1 Extreme (Remake, PS3/PS4, Jan 2016) and Yakuza 6 (PS4, Fall 2016) announced

Jan 12, 2014
just a reminder, vote with your wallets. You want these games to come west of japan, GO GET YAKUZA 5 FROM PSN. Even if its digital, It still shows interest outside japan. Dont give that DIgital bullshit excuse, GO GET IT.

Apr 7, 2014
Finland
I'm really excited, I have to play through Zero soon so I can move on to Y1 remake in January.

Also 6 will be something awesome with last gen not holding it back.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oct 14, 2012
za warudo
creditconcerto.blogspot.com
just a reminder, vote with your wallets. You want these games to come west of japan, GO GET YAKUZA 5 FROM PSN. Even if its digital, It still shows interest outside japan. Dont give that DIgital bullshit excuse, GO GET IT.
Listen to this man.

I'd take these over Yakuza 0, not that I don't want to play 0. If any market researchers read this post, hear us now.

Apr 7, 2014
Finland
Is it okay to start begging for localization yet? Not just six, but I would really love the first games remake.
Well buying Y5 would be your best bet.

I'm just afraid that the backlog is too much.

* Yakuza 5 (in progress)
* Yakuza Ishin
* Yakuza Zero
* Yakuza Kiwami
* Yakuza 6

It could be they will just jump to 6 if they decide to continue localizing, in case 5 sells enough.

Jul 19, 2011
Cross gen is finally dying

I'm so happy
Yep! No more paying more or the same for a knee-capped up-port! :D

I'm definitely interested in Yakuza 6, I have 1-5 on PS3 and Ishin! and 0 for PS4. I don't know if I can justify a rebuy on the first game though, unless it's discounted (which it likely will not be, if it's a full remake).

Sep 3, 2013
Philadelphia
Well I hope to see both games localized, but suppose the contention of this is that entirely depends on the digital sales of Yakuza 5 in the West.

It was the overall poor sales of the games in the West in the earlier releases of physical installments that led to this unfortunate situation in the first place.

Hopefully things will turn around.

Also I think a Yakuza 1 remake is a good time, since Yakuza 0 is supposedly the origin story, having things come full circle back to the very first game on the PS4 makes sense. And with Yakuza 6 the series continues.

Jan 12, 2014
Unfortunately all new Yakuza games are by default Japan only, if Y5 manages to sell enough (can't say well, because that's not really happening) in the west then they might continue localizing.
Well I hope to see both games localized, but suppose the contention of this is that entirely depends on the digital sales of Yakuza 5 in the West.

It was the overall poor sales of the games in the West in the earlier releases of physical installments that led to this unfortunate situation in the first place.

Hopefully things will turn around.

Also I think a Yakuza 1 remake is a good time, since Yakuza 0 is supposedly the origin story, having things come full circle back to the very first game on the PS4 makes sense. And with Yakuza 6 the series continues.
Once again just a reminder, vote with your wallets. You want these games to come west of japan, GO GET YAKUZA 5 FROM PSN. Even if its digital, It still shows interest outside japan. Dont give that DIgital bullshit excuse, GO GET IT.

Jul 15, 2013
Well buying Y5 would be your best bet.

I'm just afraid that the backlog is too much.

* Yakuza 5 (in progress)
* Yakuza Ishin
* Yakuza Zero
* Yakuza Kiwami
* Yakuza 6

It could be they will just jump to 6 if they decide to continue localizing, in case 5 sells enough.
I'm pretty sure that they will jump to 6
With luck we get that one in 2018

May 10, 2009
USA
www.youtube.com
Once again just a reminder, vote with your wallets. You want these games to come west of japan, GO GET YAKUZA 5 FROM PSN. Even if its digital, It still shows interest outside japan. Dont give that DIgital bullshit excuse, GO GET IT.
I broke my one rule of never buying a digital copy of anything for over $25 for this game. I'd really wish you could order in advance to get a physical copy shipped to you, but I'll buy them digital if that's the only way.

May 13, 2009
That place there.
I need PSN gifting. I will force it on people if I have to.
I have a couple of people in mind to whom I'd gift it given the opportunity.

I'm pretty sure that they will jump to 6
With luck we get that one in 2018
If there's ever a Yakuza game in the west after 5, it will probably be 6, yeah. Kiwani or Zero would be next on the probability list I guess.