• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 1 Extreme (Remake, PS3/PS4, Jan 2016) and Yakuza 6 (PS4, Fall 2016) announced

Japan only obviously
OwRx4Jh.png

2ukd9UT.png

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emNKHq1sNqE

hamchan

Localizing Yakuza 1 Remake could be a good chance to start afresh in the West and get newbies into the series, just saying.

just a reminder, vote with your wallets. You want these games to come west of japan, GO GET YAKUZA 5 FROM PSN. Even if its digital, It still shows interest outside japan. Dont give that DIgital bullshit excuse, GO GET IT.

dreamfall

My God we need everything to come to the West. Nagoshi is such a boss, Kiwami looked incredible! Ryu Ga Gotoku 6 being PS4 only is really exciting!

artsi

I'm really excited, I have to play through Zero soon so I can move on to Y1 remake in January.

Also 6 will be something awesome with last gen not holding it back.

Labadal

just a reminder, vote with your wallets. You want these games to come west of japan, GO GET YAKUZA 5 FROM PSN. Even if its digital, It still shows interest outside japan. Dont give that DIgital bullshit excuse, GO GET IT.
Can't even pre-order yet. (Europe.)

AAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I didn't even knew I wanted a Y1 remake, let alone play it so badly

Nagoshi you sly bastard.

And Y6 aaaaaaaah ....

SephLuis

Is Y1 remake the title Nagoshi wanted to do ?

Anyway, buying both. And please people, buy Y5, if you have any hope to see this localized.

Matty77

Is it okay to start begging for localization yet? Not just six, but I would really love the first games remake.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Listen to this man.

I'd take these over Yakuza 0, not that I don't want to play 0. If any market researchers read this post, hear us now.

artsi

Is it okay to start begging for localization yet? Not just six, but I would really love the first games remake.

Well buying Y5 would be your best bet.

I'm just afraid that the backlog is too much.

* Yakuza 5 (in progress)
* Yakuza Ishin
* Yakuza Zero
* Yakuza Kiwami
* Yakuza 6

It could be they will just jump to 6 if they decide to continue localizing, in case 5 sells enough.

Dueck

Banned
Cross gen is finally dying

I'm so happy

Yep! No more paying more or the same for a knee-capped up-port! :D

I'm definitely interested in Yakuza 6, I have 1-5 on PS3 and Ishin! and 0 for PS4. I don't know if I can justify a rebuy on the first game though, unless it's discounted (which it likely will not be, if it's a full remake).

OmegaDL50

Well I hope to see both games localized, but suppose the contention of this is that entirely depends on the digital sales of Yakuza 5 in the West.

It was the overall poor sales of the games in the West in the earlier releases of physical installments that led to this unfortunate situation in the first place.

Hopefully things will turn around.

Also I think a Yakuza 1 remake is a good time, since Yakuza 0 is supposedly the origin story, having things come full circle back to the very first game on the PS4 makes sense. And with Yakuza 6 the series continues.

BUY YAKUZA 5.... please >.>

Also, the remake looks pretty good. I wonder what the new content will be.

I'd absolutely buy it and replay the game =X

Unfortunately all new Yakuza games are by default Japan only, if Y5 manages to sell enough (can't say well, because that's not really happening) in the west then they might continue localizing.

Well I hope to see both games localized, but suppose the contention of this is that entirely depends on the digital sales of Yakuza 5 in the West.

It was the overall poor sales of the games in the West in the earlier releases of physical installments that led to this unfortunate situation in the first place.

Hopefully things will turn around.

Also I think a Yakuza 1 remake is a good time, since Yakuza 0 is supposedly the origin story, having things come full circle back to the very first game on the PS4 makes sense. And with Yakuza 6 the series continues.

Once again just a reminder, vote with your wallets. You want these games to come west of japan, GO GET YAKUZA 5 FROM PSN. Even if its digital, It still shows interest outside japan. Dont give that DIgital bullshit excuse, GO GET IT.

GunBR

Well buying Y5 would be your best bet.

I'm just afraid that the backlog is too much.

* Yakuza 5 (in progress)
* Yakuza Ishin
* Yakuza Zero
* Yakuza Kiwami
* Yakuza 6

It could be they will just jump to 6 if they decide to continue localizing, in case 5 sells enough.

I'm pretty sure that they will jump to 6
With luck we get that one in 2018

DryvBy

Once again just a reminder, vote with your wallets. You want these games to come west of japan, GO GET YAKUZA 5 FROM PSN. Even if its digital, It still shows interest outside japan. Dont give that DIgital bullshit excuse, GO GET IT.

I broke my one rule of never buying a digital copy of anything for over $25 for this game. I'd really wish you could order in advance to get a physical copy shipped to you, but I'll buy them digital if that's the only way.

Top Bottom