• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 3 English Localization To Be Announced At Gamescom

Bullet Club

Yakuza 3 English Localization To Be Announced At Gamescom

Yakuza 3 will get an English localization announcement at Gamescom. It was spotted along with Atlus’ Catherine: Full Body as part of a stream schedule during Gamescom.

This announcement was leaked through a Livestream schedule posted by Rocket Beans TV. The schedule lists Catherine Full Body from Atlus USA in addition to Yakuza 3, which hasn’t been announced for a Western release. It is already out in Japan where Sega has released Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 remasters for PS4.

Yakuza series has received two full remakes with Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 but the rest of the games were simply remastered with a high frame rate and resolution for PS4. The series then continues with Yakuza 6 on PS4 while a brand new Yakuza has also been confirmed to be in development.

Sega has made some changes when it remastered Yakuza 3 including cutting some controversial content. The game runs at 1080p and with smooth 60 FPS on the PS4, which is an upgrade from the PS3 version. There are no visual upgrades unlike the remake for Yakuza 1 and 2. It remains to be seen if Sega will announce the localization for just Yakuza 3 or the two other remaining games will also get localized.

Source: Twisted Voxel

Mista

Banned
Now that’s a magnificent news! Can’t wait to play it again

I wish if this one gets remaked too

CyRuZ

Banned
Complete edition or 20$/€ max. for each title. After 4 ps4 games which are more or less the same i feel kinda burned out.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

About time. I wish they could sell 3, 4, and 5 together but I'm guessing they're going to sell them individually.

Sweet, I've been waiting for localization news since beating Kiwami 2 a couple of months ago. Might pick up Song of Life too depending on the price or whether they'll be released as a compilation.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Great, but I'll treasure my original PS3 japanese copy and the full script I printed to play it in all of its uncut glory <3

Yeah, I'm sticking with the original Japanese ps3 release too. It's crazy that they got a second chance to get the western release right and they just botched it even worse.

xrnzaaas

Finally some news, I'm hoping we'll get a retail release as well and that it won't be 60€ for a remaster (which sadly wouldn't be the first time this gen).

Fbh

Man, it's going to be several years until we get Yakuza 5, right? Still have to play that one.

Finally some news, I'm hoping we'll get a retail release as well and that it won't be 60€ for a remaster (which sadly wouldn't be the first time this gen).

Well Kiwami which was a complete remake launched for $30 if I'm not mistaken.
So I doubt they'll charge a full $60 for a simple remaster

Dunki

The question is really how much did they cut this time. The US Version of Yakuza 3 was fucking terrible they even cut off all the hostess part and like 20-30% of the sidequest content.

As for the controversial scenes. It is done by the develoer not because of some outrage. So if views changed etc. I think it is a fair game.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I want a remake not a remaster :\ The new engine is so fucking amazing and anyone who played Judgment know this quite well. But anyway, I loved Y0 but everything else after that, y1k and y2k were kinda okay at best and from what I've read 3 and 4 are not better so I doubt I'll be playing the remasters.

kunonabi

The question is really how much did they cut this time. The US Version of Yakuza 3 was fucking terrible they even cut off all the hostess part and like 20-30% of the sidequest content.

As for the controversial scenes. It is done by the develoer not because of some outrage. So if views changed etc. I think it is a fair game.

They can say they're enlightened all they want but I guarantee outside pressure played a role regardless. And even if we give them the benefit of the doubt they still cut content and didnt add in anything to make up for it which is ridiculous considering all the other content it was already missing.

Dunki

They can say they're enlightened all they want but I guarantee outside pressure played a role regardless. And even if we give them the benefit of the doubt they still cut content and didnt add in anything to make up for it which is ridiculous considering all the other content it was already missing.
If the other content is being restored and it also misses in the japanese version. I think it is still ok. There was no real pressure on social media etc because almost no one knew about this^^

A.Romero

If it's still cut I won't get it.

I have purchased all the releases and re-releases except for 3. I'll also get them for PC at some point.

...Still, can't reward them for cutting content. It doesn't make sense at this point in time.

Kazza

IIRC, the cut bit is just a scene where a trans woman chases after you, whereas they will be adding all the hostess stuff to the remaster, so I'm convinced that this will be the definitive version (the chase scenes are the worst part of the game anyway, so one less is a good thing).

I hope they go for a simultaneous PC/PS4 release. The team behind the 0 and Kiwami 1 ports have been quiet recently (a different company did the Kiwami 2 port), so I hope they have been busy working away on this one.

Kazza

Looks like we are going to get all three at once:

Great news for Yakuza fans: it's looking like SEGA is about to announce something called Yakuza Remastered Collection. We assume that it'll include the PlayStation 4 remasters of Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5. The collection has been outed on the US PlayStation Store, which currently lists it as an upcoming release.

Hopefully this all turns out to be accurate, because we'd much rather get all three Yakuza titles bundled into one collection, rather than have to wait for each game to be released separately.

We'll update this article as soon as SEGA makes an official announcement.

xrnzaaas

This is great, but sucks having to wait until February for a retail release so I could have all PS4 Yakuza's on my shelf.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Yakuza 3 is the best in the series
The one that instantly backtracked the love interest plot for the previous game, revealed that Shintaro Kazama has a hidden twin brother and was about a convoluted missile defence contract? Also stun gun enemies...
giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

Dunki

The one that instantly backtracked the love interest plot for the previous game, revealed that Shintaro Kazama has a hidden twin brother and was about a convoluted missile defence contract? Also stun gun enemies...
giphy.gif
I would even agree but man SPOILER?^^

Dunki

Spoilers for a 10 year old game? Do you know that Bruce Willis is a ghost at the end of the Sixth Sense?
a 10 year old game almost NO ONE played. Back then a Yakuza game sold like 50k copies if even. No that it has become popular I think we need o be a bi more careful with telling the main points of the story

Yes, only 6 can compare quality wise to 3. fight me!

Last edited:

jonnyp

I hought Yakuza 3's main story was really short and a bit underwhelming, still good though. Now I have to wait another 2 months for 4....

TLZ

Banned
Spoilers for a 10 year old game? Do you know that Bruce Willis is a ghost at the end of the Sixth Sense?
Dude it's being rereleased now so there are people who've never played it currently playing / wanting to play it. No need to ruin it for them now.

FranXico

I didn't play any Yakuza yet. Thanks for spoiling a 10 year old game that I was going to play for the first time.

Do you know not everybody played the same games you did, when you did?

Kazza

Geki-D Geki-D I have already played the game, but the having an open spoiler like that is a bit of a dick move to the people who haven't and are just experiencing it for the first time now (which, given Yakuza 3's previous unpopularity and new-found popularity, is the majority). Either put it in a spoiler tag or just delete it.

Geki-D

Banned
Yeesh, okay I put a spoiler tag. Man, the plot is so nonsensical anyway that what I said is hardy that big of a spoiler.

Also I ironically put the Sixth Sense spoiler in a tag. You're welcome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom