• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Yakuza 5 FREE on PS Plus EU

GinoFelino

Mar 3, 2015
Holy shit, nice find!

It has the PS+ logo in it now, so maybe they pulled the trigger a month too early?

Rellik

Nov 22, 2015
I should have actually looked at the link before posting. Looks like it's meant to be free through PS Plus? Either way, claimed.

Seems like a mixup, free games were supposed to be Fat Princess and Call of Juarez

Seems like a last minute change that someone forgot about. I'd get it asap

or maybe it is a mistake.

We'll see I guess.

Tailzo

Feb 6, 2007
Norway
I already got Yakuza 5 on disc. And I don't have my ps3 anymore. I still got it, hopefully it helps Sega somehow.

Rellik

Nov 22, 2015
I'd forgotten how slow the PS3 was. Trying to get it downloaded is a chore.

BShadowJ

Jul 12, 2013
Shows up as 39,99€ on the Portuguese store.

Same to me, following the UK link does indeed show it's free for PS+, but it's not in Portugal. Has everyone who got it been from the UK or are we just really unlucky over here? :(

Edit: I checked on the mobile site, in case anyone is curious.

E_Darkness

Jan 11, 2014
Definitely my GOTY of last year. This is probably a mistake? I'm unsure because they made one of the avatars free on PS+? I dunno.

Ethranes

Jan 25, 2010
Ireland
Thanks for the heads up just got it. Haven't played Yakuza since I played Yakuza 2 for about an hour on PS2. I always liked the look of this one.

Kaname

Aug 5, 2014
Digital release is better than non at all. Zero is getting a retail release tho!

Yeah of course :)
I was just waiting for a decent sale to buy it, if it's not a mistake and they don't revoke the license this is even better.

derExperte

Jun 11, 2012
Getting an error when trying to check out (German store).

....and now it worked but I expect the same that happened with Amplitude will happen here.

Saphirax

Apr 4, 2012
Damn... I'm glad you guys got it, but the only time I see one of these threads, and our store doesn't have it, talk about being unlucky.

Time to edit the title to be "Yakuza 5 FREE on PS Plus EU (and Portugal cause reasons)" :^)

It doesn't show as free in the Croatian store either.

Dommel

Jul 24, 2006
Antwerp
Same to me, following the UK link does indeed show it's free for PS+, but it's not in Portugal. Has everyone who got it been from the UK or are we just really unlucky over here? :(

Edit: I checked on the mobile site, in case anyone is curious.

Just claimed it on the mobile site for Belgium without problems.