• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 FREE on PS Plus EU

Kalor

I still need to hook up my PS3 to finish 4 but this might make me get round to 5 sooner rather than later.

Lucreto

My brother has the disc version somewhere but I will grab this just in case. No idea when I will get to play it though.

If it's revoked it is fine with me, as I am not a fan of games with no English VA.

Scotia

Banned
Just swiped this on the UK store. Thanks for the heads up!

This is actually my first Yakuza game. Will I be fine going straight into the fifth one?

You just wait, after people get their hands on this they will rush to the PSN store and buy Yakuza 0 by the millions next year making Sony swim in cash.
If PS4 was backwards compatible, you'd probably even be right. But I don't think many people play on PS3 anymore, or still have it hooked up.

Ladekabel

Eh, was tempted to renew my PS+ sub for a second but I'd rather wait until it is on sale again. Still have to play Yakuza 3 + 4 either way.

PSN store being wonky now.
I managed to "purchase" the free Yakuza 5, yet now it still shows up as "Free", not "Purchased" on the web store. When I try to add it to my basket, it says "You are not eligible to purchase or download this content".
It's still in my purchase history but NOT in my Download List on the web store.

Edit: Apparently a bug. Log out & in helped, thanks to YianGaruga.

PSN store being wonky now.
I managed to "purchase" the free Yakuza 5, yet now it still shows up as "Free", not "Purchased" on the web store. When I try to add it to my basket, it says "You are not eligible to purchase or download this content".
It's still in my purchase history but NOT in my Download List on the web store.

Log out and in again. It's a common bug

Claimed. But it won't download because of not enough disc space (23GB.. I got 27GB free. Guess it needs double that space for for the game data to install?)

Shin-chan

Just managed to snag this. I still have to beat 4 though.

Confining the games to the PS3 is very unfortunate since I rarely use it anymore. For 5 I think Sony should have footed the bill for a full on port since the localisation took a year anyway.

Plum

Never played a Yakuza game but hey, free stuff is free stuff even if it gets revoked.

The PS+ games for last month haven't been removed from the UK page despite not being free anymore so my money is this being a strange pricing error.

I'm seeing Yakuza 5 on the PS+ page on the Australian store, but I can't tell if it's free because I already own it. Are we getting this instead of Fat Princess? Can't be, right? The game only came out, what, six months ago?

Can't recommend the game enough even at full price. It's probably the best game you'll ever get on PS+.

Rellik

Yep

2016-07-0513_27_05-lmsb8.png

As you can see, it was on my wishlist, so I'm pretty happy about this.

Saphirax

Reisläufer;209194690 said:
Using the Swiss store the game was priced on my PS4 but free when I accessed it through the PS3 store!

Checked the webstore, the ps3 store and on mobile, still full price for me.

But something can be changed because it's not only free, it's on this month PS+ free games section.

My guess is that is was planned to be included, something changed, but someone in the store team didn't get the memo.

It makes no sense to replace Fat Princess with Yakuza 5 so suddenly and not tell anyone.

Menitta

If you have any common sense, download this game. If you liked it, even slightly, please buy Yakuza 0. Please.

I love Yakuza so much. If I won the lottery, I'd pay for localizations.

This bothers me because the series deserves your money.

Really hope you people come through for Yakuza 0

I only started playing Yakuza games after getting 4 for free on PS+, and I've since bought 3, a physical copy of 4, 5 and I'm in for 0 and any future Yakuza games they bring out in English. So I suppose it's a good way of bringing new fans in.

Still, this has to be a mistake. Fat Princess was scheduled, and there's no way they'd replace such an old, cheap game (that's currently being given away for free through an iOS game) with a 'new' one like Y5.

Top Bottom