• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YAKUZA 5 LOCALIZED FOR PS3

Sgblues

Haha my old avatar, boy did it get a lot of flack and avatar quoted when no Yakuza news was coming in, so decided to rightfully update it.

p7DweQz.jpg

to

DUoFbrO.jpg

holy shit, kiryu!...

already played the japanese version, but will definitely get (the haruka part was surprisingly fun/cool, btw :) )...

but i'm almost equally happy to see that y4 & dead souls will be on the psn store. 'bout damn time, sega! (& where's y3?)...

GrayFoxPL

Probably answered before, but how lost would I be if I jumped into 4?

I played about half of the first game, but none of the others.

You wouldn't be.

Stories are separate across games just share some familiar characters and some background info.

Yakuza 4 has 4 character story arcs which 3 of them are new characters.

Arzehn

I'm amazed they got the mood right this time. IIRC, 4 and Dead Souls were marketed with a kind of smooth, gangster movie style that totally didn't match Yakuza. DREAMS, PASSION, DRAMA, EMOTION, ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER, that's what Yakuza is. Love it.

Yeah, feels like the most "#4theplayers" announcement Sony's had in a while.

IrishNinja

I rage quit the game 6 months ago after a particularly bad bout of pool and didn't touch it again. I ran into another depressing topic about how we'd never get 5 and said "fuck this series".

(this dramatic reenactment might not be 100% faithful)

Today changes everything. I'm going to steamroll that plat.

jesus, that sounds brutal. i figured it was pool, maybe baseball...ive seen guides with tape strips on the set to make shit doable, man did that talk me out of doing this, haha

godspeed! we need more y3 plats out there, and i don't know that i've got the heart for it!

uh, there's already 10+ million Ps4s in homes, chances are there'll be substantially more next year

uh...that doesn't matter; series sells like butt and again, they're already taking a huge chance investing in the massive localzation, doubling-down on a port would likely bomb hard and further guarantee we don't see future entries

Rainy Dog

This was such a fantastic surprise. Made the conference for me along with Uncharted 4 and Tearaway. Can't say much else really did anything for me.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
uh, there's already 10+ million Ps4s in homes, chances are there'll be substantially more next year

There's 10+ million PS4's in homes.

There's 80+ million PS3's in homes.

Neither Sony nor Sega are going to fund a PS4 port for 1/8th the potential audience for a game like this. If it were something bigger, like a GTA or a Dragon Age or an Arkham game or something along those lines? Sure, absolutely. But not for Yakuza, which has an absolutely tiny niche audience.

Yuterald

oh man, i platted 4, need to finish Dead Souls on brutal/whatever mode to plat that one, and 3...3 is gonna be such a bitch

Think the Platinum is tough? Try going for 100% in-game completion in Yakuza 3! Just dug up my pics from back in the Dead Souls thread two years back, haha!

100_0982.jpg

The "F" in Haruka's Trust stands for "Fuck that shit, I'm not spending another 50 hours grinding out MORE minigames!"

100_0984.jpg

All Challenge Mode S Ranks GET!

100_0989.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
OH MY GODDAMN FUCKING GODDAMN FUCKING GOD WHAT THE FUCK SHIT FUCKING FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

dreamfall

I mean, it's from 0, but it speaks to all of us Yakuza fans. Any Western release, any digital release, anything really.

yakuza0_take97s5j.gif

IzzyF3

My heart always sank a bit hearing anything about Yakuza these days. Not this time... Not this time.

Day one for sure.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Think the Platinum is tough? Try going for 100% in-game completion in Yakuza 3! Just dug up my pics from back in the Dead Souls thread two years back, haha!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f181/AlbertWeskerUMB/100_0982.jpg[IMG]
The "F" in Haruka's Trust stands for "Fuck that shit, I'm not spending another 50 hours grinding out MORE minigames!"

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f181/AlbertWeskerUMB/100_0984.jpg[IMG]
All Challenge Mode S Ranks GET!

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f181/AlbertWeskerUMB/100_0989.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Lol, thank god I'm not a 100% fanatic.

Glad to hear English Yakuza fans will finally be able to play this game in some form which, undoubtedly, is better than nothing. I wish I could share the GAF excitement for the announcement but, being a gamer strictly fond on physical/retail releases, I guess I'm gonna have to stick with my imported copy in the long run.

Cheers to everyone that has been holding out for the localization!

majima-s-epic-moves-o.gif

george_us

Lol at everyone bitching about it being digital only. This is literally one of those cases where we should be happy we're getting the game at all in any form.

MormaPope

Banned
lol at the bitter PS4 only owners. Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to release a port for Yakuza 5 ONLY when Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 were released on the PS3. If you're a huge fan of the series chances are you owned a PS2 or PS3. Its not Sony's fault some of you threw your PS3's out into the backyard and then lit them on fire because you had to worship the newest console released.

Top Bottom