• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YAKUZA 5 LOCALIZED FOR PS3

Vanethyr

WE DID IT!!

TYPE-0

YAKUZA 5

PERSONA 5

TRAILS IN THE SKY 2

FFXV

KINGDOM HEARTS 3

EVERYHINH IS COMING

SOMEONE HOLD ME.

I still can't believe this is real life.

Can't believe we're getting Suikoden 1 and 2 on top of everything else!

Tizoc

iwfmjsvejvverezkfk.gif

What anime is this gif from?

cj_iwakura

lol at the bitter PS4 only owners. Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to release a port for Yakuza 5 ONLY when Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 were released on the PS3. If you're a huge fan of the series chances are you owned a PS2 or PS3. Its not Sony's fault some of you threw your PS3's out into the backyard and then lit them on fire because you had to worship the newest console released.

Pretty much. I always wince whenever someone says they got rid of their PS3. Yeesh. I have like 30 games from the system, why in the blue hell would I get rid of it?

h#shdem0n

Oh yea! Put that in your pipe and smoke it, negative nancies!! Now I might play 1 - 4 to get myself hyped for this. I didn't beat Y3 because my PS3 got stolen before I had a chance to. Really loved it though, and I think I'll like the rest of the series just as much.

Now, how about that samurai one?

Salex_

Great news for Yazuka fans.

I'm glad the #buildingthelist and 3rd party production team actually turned out to accomplish some things. It'll be nice to see other JPN games that normally aren't localized come over from this program.

MormaPope

Banned
Pretty much. I always wince whenever someone says they got rid of their PS3. Yeesh. I have like 30 games from the system, why in the blue hell would I get rid of it?

I've stuck around for last gen and now have over 80 retail games for the 360, around 60-70 digital games added to that. I'm still collecting PS2 games, mainly JRPGs or quirky action titles. Some consoles have fantastic marketplaces long after their heyday. The 360 and PS3 libraries are dirt cheap to acquire.

Fjordson

Fucking hype. Best news this week.

I would love to see it digital on PS4 for convenience's sake, but I still have my PS3.

And now I'll patiently wait for the Ishin announcement.

I missed the second half of the keynote and just got home. Scanned through my Twitter and GAF. Saw this thread.

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That is all.

Gacha-pin

1 & 2 HD should be on PSN along with 3 & 4 so that SEGA can expand the fan base as much as possible
and make the fan Yakuza fatigue :p

Sgblues

Y3's plat was hard for many people because minigame master trophy requiring you to beat all the minigames and some were pretty demanding. Pool, golf and darts gave me the most trouble.

Y4 and Dead souls got rid of the minigames master trophy but it came back in Y5 though luckily many of the minigames have been made easier though there are still some bothersome like pool trick shots and the golf range(somewhat)

There's 10+ million PS4's in homes.

There's 80+ million PS3's in homes.

Neither Sony nor Sega are going to fund a PS4 port for 1/8th the potential audience for a game like this. If it were something bigger, like a GTA or a Dragon Age or an Arkham game or something along those lines? Sure, absolutely. But not for Yakuza, which has an absolutely tiny niche audience.

the active userbase of those who buy games is much greater on ps4 than the ps3 at this point. the fact that this likely the final ultimatum for the series in the west (hard to believe this is like the 3rd attempt in establishing it), + the fact it'll only be available on a console with a diminishing base of active gamers worries me.

but then i really think sony just needs to bayonetta this shit and fund localizations to bolster its portfolio as its a unique game that has been exclusive (wii u struggle port of 1+2 hd doesn't count lawl) to playstation for its entire tenure.

impact

Banned
Then they complain about poor sales because they released it on a dead platform.

Sega cycle will continue on.

IrishNinja

H6yNEDD.png

kiss goodbye to a month of my summer

you've done good here coxys

Y3's plat was hard for many people because minigame master trophy requiring you to beat all the minigames and some were pretty demanding. Pool, golf and darts gave me the most trouble.

Y4 and Dead souls got rid of the minigames master trophy but it came back in Y5 though luckily many of the minigames have been made easier though there are still some bothersome like pool trick shots and the golf range(somewhat)

oh yeah? that's encouraging, then! really don't know how i'm gonna get this last one on Souls though...

ZeroX03

Banned
Great news for gamers. I'm there day one.

Really hope this stems the tide of "FUCK SEGA NOT GIVING ME WHAT I WANT" posts. The series always sold like absolute shit, and they keep giving it chances. At least now digital may be absolve some of that costs.

Why not Yakuza 3 also? I haven't had a PS3 very long and haven't played one of these since 2. Buying this day 1 to make it clear I want Yakuza 0.

Usobuko

Banned
Why not Yakuza 3 also? I haven't had a PS3 very long and haven't played one of these since 2. Buying this day 1 to make it clear I want Yakuza 0.

Do you specifically want Yakuza 3 in digital format? It's actually quite cheap on the retail side like $20 or something.

I feel the need to keep posting here just to say how happy I am lol.
Didn't think I'd see 2 miracles (Tits 2) in such a short time. Life is good.

f04lx.jpg

Should I start with the PS2 games or with Yakuza 3?

edit: I now remember that I actually bought Yakuza 2 many years ago but only played it for 2 hours max the day I bought it and never touched it again for unkown reasons.

lol at the bitter PS4 only owners. Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to release a port for Yakuza 5 ONLY when Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 were released on the PS3. If you're a huge fan of the series chances are you owned a PS2 or PS3. Its not Sony's fault some of you threw your PS3's out into the backyard and then lit them on fire because you had to worship the newest console released.

I still have my Ps3 but I don't want to invest anymore. It's also why I'm ticked off about KHHD.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I still have my Ps3 but I don't want to invest anymore. It's also why I'm ticked off about KHHD.

It's understandable you want a PS4 release but this is a series that has sold so poorly, and wouldn't even be seeing a release if it wasn't for Sonys Third Party Relations group, do you think they are going to spend extra money on porting the thing ?

This is one of those cases where we really should be grateful we're getting it at all, surely you can make an exception for that if you're supposedly a Yakuza fan simply to experience it ?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you can, 1. If not, 3/4.
Thinking of starting with either 4 &/or Dead Souls (since it's like Dead Rising from what I've heard). Would those be good games to start with? They'd probably get added to a back-log, but at least they'd only cost $15 each at the most.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
https://i.imgflip.com/f04lx.jpg
Should I start with the PS2 games or with Yakuza 3?

edit: I now remember that I actually bought Yakuza 2 many years ago but only played it for 2 hours max the day I bought it and never touched it again for unkown reasons.
I started with 3 and I think it's fine. Although I assuming playing through 1 and 2 is more fulfilling than simply watching the recaps.

That said, I don't think I can deal with an English dub version of Y1.

Top Bottom