• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YAKUZA 5 LOCALIZED FOR PS3

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
THIS IS AWESOME NEWS
jeffearpfbu4.gif

Saphirax

Hi, gaiz.

So I'm looking at this PR contact list Sony gave out on its press site for third-party assets.

And under Sega, it says:

1HBclmg.jpg

(I've blacked out the names and e-mails.)

Not trying to get everyone's hopes up, but I'm contacting Sega now and will report back.

Oh....OH, please be true :D:D. There's no such thing as enough Yakuza.

Shin-Ra

Hi, gaiz.

So I'm looking at this PR contact list Sony gave out on its press site for third-party assets.

And under Sega, it says:

1HBclmg.jpg

Not trying to get everyone's hopes up, but I'm contacting Sega now and will report back.
FishCaught.gif

Hi, gaiz.

And under Sega, it says:

1HBclmg.jpg

WAIT

NO

WE MIGHT BE GETTING ZERO TOO?!!?!?? YEAH!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Hi, gaiz.

And under Sega, it says:

1HBclmg.jpg

I'll take this as just a mistake for now as I honestly don't think my heart could take it right now.

Permanently A

Hi, gaiz.

And under Sega, it says:

1HBclmg.jpg

I don't understand why they wouldn't announce this. I mean getting Y5 is amazing, but getting Y0 localized for PS4 would have been a much more fitting bomb and given us another PS4 exclusive to get hyped for.

JNA

Banned
Hi, gaiz.

And under Sega, it says:

1HBclmg.jpg

tumblr_mgx4hsoMmB1rn8um6o1_500.gif

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Hi, gaiz.

And under Sega, it says:

1HBclmg.jpg

Ask about Ishin too.

DualEdge

Getting Zero localization news would be a great surprise at E3. The timing would make sense too as we would have likely just seen the release of 5. I had plans to import Zero originally, but now I think I'll hold off. Here's hoping!

kmax

Well, it doesn't change anything.

If Y5 performs we WILL see Zero as well, that's almost a guarantee.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, the good news for 0 potentially coming out over here is that it can rely on a good game like Yakuza 5 to see if there's interest. Instead of 5 who had to deal with Dead Souls garbageness.

Does Ishin have less of the child prostitution themes than Kenzan? Maybe we could get that too.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Hi, gaiz.

And under Sega, it says:

1HBclmg.jpg

i hope they localise Zero becuase i dont have a ps3 anymore and love yakuza. ill watch 5 on youtube when its done hopefully zero gets done as well. Maybe its going to be announced feb, or next e3?

Tenrius

can you play that on US ps2's? I know nothing about importing ps2 games

Edit: Just looked it up and I dont think you can.

You could get a modchip, Swap Magic or a PAL PS2. All of that would probably cost you more than $30 which is not that expensive in the first place. Seriously, Yakuza 2 is arguably the best game in the series, it's worth that much and then some.

Today was a great day for me. And before hitting the bed I've just found out about this.

I love you Sega. I'd rather have a physical release, but I will buy the digital version of the game, no doubt about it.

Moze

Banned
Still can't believe this actually happened. I was 99% sure we would never see another Yakuza game in America/Europe.

So I didn't get to watch this live but I'm giddy at finding this out. Is there somewhere I can watch the whole presentation at? Did everybody in the audience pee their pants with glee when they saw it? Now I get to look forward to playing as Taiga and Shun again.

Now just end the weekend with Yakuza Zero and PS4 port of PSO2 and localization please.

t26

Hi, gaiz.

And under Sega, it says:

1HBclmg.jpg

Guess I still have to import Ishin

Where is Yakuza 1&2 HD ?
Where is Yakuza Kenzan in English?
Where is Yakuza Inshin in English?
Where is Yakuza Zero?

Baby steps. Baby steps. 5 is slim. But better than nothing. Lets delect ourselves with our daily (more like yearly am I right) bread

Top Bottom