• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YAKUZA 5 LOCALIZED FOR PS3

Ekir

OMAGAWD. Yakuza 5 and, maybe, Yakuza Zero.

This cant be happening.

I... I could die just right now from sheer happiness.... too much for my heart urghhhhh....

Girsej

Even though one of my most anticipated game is Uncharted 4 the keynote would've been a 10/10 if it would've just been this announcement.

1 minute of Yakuza
Drop mic
Best keynote ever until they announce ZERO ;)

I guess I'm easily pleased, fucking love it!

It's understandable you want a PS4 release but this is a series that has sold so poorly, and wouldn't even be seeing a release if it wasn't for Sonys Third Party Relations group, do you think they are going to spend extra money on porting the thing ?

This is one of those cases where we really should be grateful we're getting it at all, surely you can make an exception for that if you're supposedly a Yakuza fan simply to experience it ?

Yakuza 3 was one of my favorite games ever. So yeah I should check it out, but I really don't want to invest in my Ps3 anymore. ugh.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Yakuza 3 was one of my favorite games ever. So yeah I should check it out, but I really don't want to invest in my Ps3 anymore. ugh.

What's the problem with buying a PS3 game? You're interested in the game, aren't you? Not the platform. So as long as you have a PS3, go for it.

Chillz0r

Banned
I had hopes that voices would also be English

Someone correct me if im wrong, but i dont believe theres been any english voice acting since 3 (maybe 2, cant remember if that had an english dub)

Regardless of that, im super happy this is getting localized

Stencil

I've never played any Yakuza games, but want to. Where should I start? Is it important to play them in order?

I only have a PS3 and Wii U, no JPN language knowledge. I wish they localized the 1+2 Wii U Remaster :(

Please recommend me one!

Hoping the translators fuck up somehow and this ends up being a reproducible glitch.

oh my god

I've never played any Yakuza games, but want to. Where should I start? Is it important to play them in order?

I only have a PS3 and Wii U, no JPN language knowledge. I wish they localized the 1+2 Wii U Remaster :(

Please recommend me one!

yeah I mean ideally you could start at the start, but you could do worse than starting with 3. IIRC, 3 has a pretty good "previously in Yakuza" thing to get you caught up.

I don't really recommend starting at 4 or 5. especially 5.

yami4ct

Someone correct me if im wrong, but i dont believe theres been any english voice acting since 3 (maybe 2, cant remember if that had an english dub)

They didn't do any dubs after the first one, right? IIRC they stopped dubbing after they put so much money into the semi-celebrity dub of the original flopped in order to cut costs. Honestly, I would never switch from the Japanese voices, so if they can cut costs by cutting the dub, I'm fine with that.

Please recommend me one!

Do you have a decent PC? If so, 1+2 run pretty well in PCSX2. Some minor ghosting and lighting issues, but otherwise cool. If not, you could start with 3 or 4. 3 is more tied to the main series and focuses on the main character from the first 2. 4 is more of a clean start with a bunch of new playable main characters in addition to the original.

I also don't like 3 much, so I'd personally opt for skipping to 4. Play 2 if you ever get the chance, though. By far my favorite. Story in that one is really good.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah the series has been subtitled since 2 onwards, probably due to expense reasons as much as anything. I couldn't play the Yakuza games dubbed now though, love the japanese voices.

Please recommend me one!

Start with 3 on PS3. It has a lengthy cutscenes catch up feature so you'll be more than upto speed regarding what went on in 1 and 2.

Yeah the series has been subtitled since 2 onwards, probably due to expense reasons as much as anything. I couldn't play the Yakuza games dubbed now though, love the japanese voices.

for sure. they put a lot of effort and money into these games, not the least of which goes to voice acting.

thank god Japan loves these games as much as they do so they can keep making them.

Sgblues

Well only one character that speaks perfect English in Y3
Its Andre Richardson
and only the first game was dubbed.

Please recommend me one!

I have started on the Yakuza series recently. I finished Yakuza 1 a few weeks back and I'm currently playing through 2. I would highly suggest picking them up - I'm playing on PS2 and they are brilliant. It would be a shame to miss out on these games. Just ordered 3 off eBay too - so excited. Seems like now was the perfect time to start getting into Yakuza. :D

Dambrosi

Banned
iB4Hq4EUrAPpP.gif

IrishNinja

I still have my Ps3 but I don't want to invest anymore. It's also why I'm ticked off about KHHD.

so you can, but chose not to...okay dude

This was a megaton.
Extremely happy this was announced.
The fights are more integrated in encounters with enemies.
lFJ7IVw.gif

i'm so here for these gifs, haha

The game is ~21GB, in line with the rest of the series.

shit, time to go make room - indianajonesfridge.gif

Less sales too. Good choice.

ehhh...citation needed

Hi, gaiz.

So I'm looking at this PR contact list Sony gave out on its press site for third-party assets.

And under Sega, it says:

1HBclmg.jpg

(I've blacked out the names and e-mails.)

Not trying to get everyone's hopes up, but I'm contacting Sega now and will report back.

....this day, my god
icant

0 too? holy shit

Now we just need Ishin and the HD collection

we will never get them

yeahhhh they're the lowest on my expectations right now, but fuck if i'm not optimistic!

Shun

Hoping the translators fuck up somehow and this ends up being a reproducible glitch.

Holy shit.

The way Haruka animates it's like they intended her to have this as a sort of side mission.

Dammit Sega, since Ryu Ga Gotoku Zero is gonna be a prequel you better make another game where Haruka is playable.

Jesus christ give us another Kurohyo: Ryu Ga Gotoku game where Haruka begins her high school debut as a delinquent.

To deal with her stressful life as an idol, she lives a double life as a high school delinquent and begins to conquest as Queen.

Seriously, they need to revisit the high school delinquent spinoff and give us another Crows Zero-esque game.

olimpia84

FUCK YES. Can't believe this is happening, best news out of that Sony Experience thing. 2015 = YEAR OF THE PS3!
Now the only problem I have is that my PS3 is dying so I need to replace it :(

Yasumi

Banned
No really. How big a download are we expecting? RGG5 is already on Japanese PSN right?
It's not on JP PSN. The only PS3 stuff is Ishin, 1&2HD, and a PlayView guide for 5. Expect around 20GB at least.
I had hopes that voices would also be English
Not happening. The first trailer shows they know exactly what audience they're going after, and it's not one that cares about English voice acting.

Fuck...yes.

I will support you with my wallet Sony/Sega. Awesome to hear Yakuza 4 is on PSN too, I will gladly buy both. Perhaps after this localization you can port it to PC too Sega, and I will double dip?

Also, if you bring over the PS4 games, you will be my heroes.

What's the problem with buying a PS3 game? You're interested in the game, aren't you? Not the platform. So as long as you have a PS3, go for it.

it's just that, like I have a new generation console, so if I'm gonna spend money on video games, I want it to be for that new system. But we'll see. I was really interested in Yakuza 5 back when it first came out.

Wasn't interested in 4 coz the campaign didn't look as good as 4.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!
That... Just... Happened.
I can't fuckin' believe it! sold, sold, SOLD.

Thank you Sony and Sega, from the bottom of my heart. Amazing news to wake up to!

Cess007

If I've never played a Yakuza game, will I understand what's going on?
I would like to buy the game to support more localizations.

Dunno about Yakuza 4 (i just bought it :p) but Yakuza 3 has a couple of videos that resumes the plot of Yakuza 1 and 2; so, if you didn't play them, at least you have an idea who is who and their relationships.

cj_iwakura

Dunno about Yakuza 4 (i just bought it :p) but Yakuza 3 has a couple of videos that resumes the plot of Yakuza 1 and 2; so, if you didn't play them, at least you have an idea who is who and their relationships.

Y4 has all that and videos for Y3.

Coxy

If I've never played a Yakuza game, will I understand what's going on?
I would like to buy the game to support more localizations.

there are catch up videos to bring you up to speed in 3 and 4 if you play those

man, if zero really is happening too, best day in gaming in YEARS for me, I'm just melting into a content puddle of happy at the thought of it

Clov

Yakuza 0 is also being localized? I was way more interested in that one than 5, so that makes it even better! Wonder if that'll be digital only as well? Either way, I'm excited!

Yakuza 0 is also being localized? I was way more interested in that one than 5, so that makes it even better! Wonder if that'll be digital only as well? Either way, I'm excited!

Zero may see a retail release since it's on the PS4 also. Of course that depends on if that listing is true.

Also, 5 seems to be considered the best in the series from those that have been lucky enough to play it already.

Clov

Zero may see a retail release since it's on the PS4 also. Of course that depends on if that listing is true.

Also, 5 seems to be considered the best in the series from those that have been lucky enough to play it already.

That's good to hear! I'll probably still get 5, it's just that the whole 1980s Japan setting seemed more interesting to me. It's pretty amazing that we may be getting both, though!

cj_iwakura

That's good to hear! I'll probably still get 5, it's just that the whole 1980s Japan setting seemed more interesting to me. It's pretty amazing that we may be getting both, though!

I wonder if 5 ends the saga. The trailer looks a lot crazier than I expected it to be.

And I hope it gets a physical release. I'm sure P5 will, why can't this?

Top Bottom