• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YAKUZA 5 LOCALIZED FOR PS3

Pennywise

frankly I'd pay $60 happily, especially considering how big of a game it is. less would be nice, of course.

I doubt they're gonna go with the full price.
The audience already isn't that big and the game is old, so they wouldn't be able to justify it, despite some fans that would still go for it.

Jachaos

Hopefully it's out soon, loooved Yakuza 4. Will probably get my LTTP vote this year in GOTY thread. Some of the most memorable games I've played this year came out years ago like Virtue's Last Reward and Yakuza 4.

Barrykins

Neo Member
I didn't really like the 4th one. I though the gameplay was lacking a bunch but it was also my first in the series so I wasn't really invested in the story.

Pennywise

I hope so. Time to dust off the PS3.

Don't take it as conformation yet, but as I said above, usually the titles are releasing 1-2 months after they were rated.
Those titles are usually still in development AND are coming as retail title, so I guess we will see it sooner than we think.

Well I do hope that its confirmation that the game is coming soon, though I'm in no rush to play it through (again) just yet since I still have Yakuza 0 to finish! I'm still super hyped to finally get the game in English.

cj_iwakura

I doubt they're gonna go with the full price.
The audience already isn't that big and the game is old, so they wouldn't be able to justify it, despite some fans that would still go for it.

They should crowd fund it like Gaijinworks is doing with Summon Night 5, they'd make the goal in an hour.

Actually, how big is Yakuza 5?

After remembering the super dumb way the PS3 handles downloads of big games, I don't want to have to get a bigger harddrive for Yakuza 5.

Good to hear, almost finished with 1 and will jump right into 2.

It's a really fun game; I keep telling myself it feels like a natural evolution of what the beat 'em up genre could have become, and it's been a nice bit of nostalgia for the PS2 era. From what I've heard 2 improves in 1 in every way and I couldn't be more excited.

Actually, how big is Yakuza 5?

After remembering the super dumb way the PS3 handles downloads of big games, I don't want to have to get a bigger harddrive for Yakuza 5.

Japanese version was around 20 gigs i believe. Well even if you had to get a new HDD, Yakuza worths it. I forgot about its localization and sold my PS3. I will just get a new one to play this (will sell it after i finish it though).

cj_iwakura

Japanese version was around 20 gigs i believe. Well even if you had to get a new HDD, Yakuza worths it. I forgot about its localization and sold my PS3. I will just get a new one to play this (will sell it after i finish it though).

You'll never want to replay it? Strikes me as kind of silly, and the PS3 has lots of great games.

You'll never want to replay it? Strikes me as kind of silly, and the PS3 has lots of great games.

I am one of those who didn' t like Y4 as much as the previous entries in the series. If only Kiryu was the only player character then it would have been different. Transition to new characters (and yes Akiyama is awesome) makes me feel like i am having that Snake to Raiden switch on MGS2 :Sons of Liberty over and over again. Oh by the way, there is PS Now. Do they add the new games to library as well? Or?

I'm hoping it won't cost much more than £30, but... I suppose I'll make an exception for this series. <3

why did we get dead souls physically and not this

Time for a bump.

German rating board USK just rated Yakuza 5, as they play through the game, the translation should be pretty much done.

We can certainly expect Yakuza 5 within the next month or maybe the next 2 months.
I was wondering why this had been bumped, glad to see it was some good news.

Wonko_C

I am one of those who didn' t like Y4 as much as the previous entries in the series. If only Kiryu was the only player character then it would have been different. Transition to new characters (and yes Akiyama is awesome) makes me feel like i am having that Snake to Raiden switch on MGS2 :Sons of Liberty over and over again. Oh by the way, there is PS Now. Do they add the new games to library as well? Or?

I can kind of relate to that feeling. Yakuza 4 felt like 4 small games (you level up your characters too fast and stuff), instead of a big adventure like the others. I hope Yakuza 5 feels more meaty than 4.

cj_iwakura

Well, some games like Folklore are going to forever be disc only.

nemisis0

Anyone think they might release the english version via retail with all the added dlc the game has for the asian market?

I still gotta finish Yakuza 4, but after losing all the save files from my old ps3, I don't think I have the mental strength to do over all side missions and everything over again...

SephLuis

If this bothered you, sorry to say, but Y5 is the same.

You switch characters once a astory arc is finished. It destroy the pacing of the game.

Wedge7

Hope to hear a release date soon, though I'm sure its probably going to announced real soon enough. Digital only is unfortunate, but makes perfect sense. Ah well, I'm not going to complain heh.

I really hope they announce a date in the last video =X

Anyway, interesting to know they actually used their own experiences with the hostess clubs in the game lol

Top Bottom