• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 will cost $39.99, 15% discount to those who pre-order digitally

OmegaDL50

Just finished Saejima's chapter, and now on Tanimura's

This is my first Yakuza game, but I'm pretty much caught up on the story as I've watched all of the "Reminisce" cutscenes.

I hope after I beat the game there is some kind of post-game option that lets me explore at my leisure and do any of the activities without restrictions. Such as the Dojo Training, Golf, Fishing, etc.

Soon enough I'll be ready for Yakuza 5 being all caught up with the plot.

Just finished Saejima's chapter, and now on Tanimura's

This is my first Yakuza game, but I'm pretty much caught up on the story as I've watched all of the "Reminisce" cutscenes.

I hope after I beat the game there is some kind of post-game option that lets me explore at my leisure and do any of the activities without restrictions. Such as the Dojo Training, Golf, Fishing, etc.

Soon enough I'll be ready for Yakuza 5 being all caught up with the plot.

There is indeed!

I wish they had EX difficulty available from the start. The Hard difficulty is not hard at all in Yakuza games.

In general, the whole locking of highest difficulties is fucking bullshit that needs to stop.

OmegaDL50

Sep 22 would be a good date. avoid all the big releases in the next 2 weeks.

Yeah it's going to be a flood of releases within the next two months.

This week has MGSV and next week is Super Mario Maker, so late September might be a good bet.

October seems to be a bad month since there is Dragon Quest Heroes, Disgaea 5, and Tales of Zestiria.

I don't know what's coming out in November so if there isn't any major releases that month is also possible as well.

Persona 5 is supposedly coming out this year but Atlus hasn't said anything, and I don't think Atlus would plan their release to mess with the scheduled release of Yakuza 5 (Being SEGA and all)

So late September hopefully, if not, some time in November.

OmegaDL50

So we'll probably be getting a release date next week, or maybe the week after.

At this point, I think early to mid October is likely.

Hmm, I'm not sure...Yakuza 5 releasing during the same period as Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, and Tales of Zestiria just seems unlikely. Sure, Yakuza 5 is a very different sort of game as the ones I mention, but I'd think it would on a week where there isn't a major release.

Late October is possible. Still MGSV just came out today and Super Mario Maker is next Friday, so either late September or late October is viable too, since as far as I'm aware MGSV and SMM are this months major releases, and I don't think an expansion pack for Destiny would be counted as a major release, unless for those picking up the game for the first time, so who knows.

LiK

Hmm, I'm not sure...Yakuza 5 releasing during the same period as Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, and Tales of Zestiria just seems unlikely. Sure, Yakuza 5 is a very different sort of game as the ones I mention, but I'd think it would on a week where there isn't a major release.

Late October is possible. Still MGSV just came out today and Super Mario Maker is next Friday, so either late September or late October is viable too, since as far as I'm aware MGSV and SMM are this months major releases, and I don't think an expansion pack for Destiny would be counted as a major release, unless for those picking up the game for the first time, so who knows.

TTK is definitely gonna be a major release.

Done my part :)

9y0KDjN.png

Now just give me a release date Sony/SEGA.

Count me in the "I wish I had physical, but I'll take what I can get" camp. At least I have a physical copy of the Japanese version.

OmegaDL50

Okay, just finished Tanimura's Chapter. I'm finally in control of Kiryu.

I'm definitely liking the story so far.

You know, I think Amusement Vision could make a Yakuza Fighting Game using the Yakuza combat system, but have all of the major characters playable.

Seeing how even some of the bosses have their own unique fighting styles, like that Prison Guard Saiga, Daisaku Minami, that Ivan guy you fight in the Coliseum and other characters with unique styles you don't get to control.

Or even a side-game that's akin to Streets of Rage and you pick one of the many different fighting styles and go through waves of enemies would be cool

In fact I once made a topic that Amusement Vision should develop Streets of Rage 4 using the Yakuza combat engine, but was ignored.

BKK

New* PS3 arrived today! (Old one YLOD a while ago). It's BC too, so maybe I'll replay the series in preparation of 5. I don't think there's an undub for Y1, is there?

*To me

New* PS3 arrived today! (Old one YLOD a while ago). It's BC too, so maybe I'll replay the series in preparation of 5. I don't think there's an undub for Y1, is there?

*To me

on the ps2 disc? no. You'd either have to buy a JP copy or I guess look on youtube and see if someone subbed jp video footage?

OmegaDL50

*Very old

You can play Yakuza 4 since it has a recap of the entire series from an option called Reminisce from the main menu. It pretty much covers all of the story stuff with fairly in depth narration for all of Yakuza 1, 2, and 3.

That is how I caught up with the series.

BKK

on the ps2 disc? no. You'd either have to buy a JP copy or I guess look on youtube and see if someone subbed jp video footage?

I meant a hack which inserts the Japanese dub into the Western PS2 version (last time I checked, which was quite a while ago this hadn't been done). A hack for PS3 1 & 2 HD which inserted English subs would be even better, but I doubt that exists, and my PS3 FW is too high to install CFW anyway. I could, however, swap the PS2 disc if an undub was available. Either way it's not a big deal, I can still play Y1 in English. It would just be preferable to play the first game in the same language as the rest.

You can play Yakuza 4 since it has a recap of the entire series from an option called Reminisce from the main menu. It pretty much covers all of the story stuff with fairly in depth narration for all of Yakuza 1, 2, and 3.

That is how I caught up with the series.

Yeah, I've played them before, just fancied playing through them again as it has been so long (was waiting in vain for a 1 & 2 HD localisation ... I would have bought a Wii U if NoE had done that).

OmegaDL50

So from what I understand, Yakuza 4 took place in just the district of Kamurocho which was just section of Tokyo.

And Yakuza 5 has 5 sections / districts.

But the thing is how large are these districts compared to the one in Yakuza 4?, is the city really 5 times larger than Yakuza 4's?

So from what I understand, Yakuza 4 took place in just the district of Kamurocho which was just section of Tokyo.

And Yakuza 5 has 5 sections / districts.

But the thing is how large are these districts compared to the one in Yakuza 4?, is the city really 5 times larger than Yakuza 4's?

Yakuza 5 has one section in five different cities across Japan. Tokyo's part will remain Kamurocho. Not sure how reliable it is, but I heard that Kamurocho and Osaka are the most eventful and interesting, with the other three cities being rather bare bones in terms of content and sidestories.

OmegaDL50

Okay, just beat Yakuza 4. Now to do some of the post game content, but I'm pretty much caught up on the story and am ready to jump into Yakuza 5 whenever it unlocks on PSN.

cj_iwakura

Okay, just beat Yakuza 4. Now to do some of the post game content, but I'm pretty much caught up on the story and am ready to jump into Yakuza 5 whenever it unlocks on PSN.

Yakuza games always seem to have wonderfully tied-up endings until
the sequels inevitably mess things up. 4's ending would have been a perfect closure for the Dojima Clan, too.

Yamibito

Still no sign of pre-order from the EU PSN ....

So annoying. I've been waiting for a pre-order to hype myself up before I go back to Osaka and Tokyo in December. Now that I have MGSV and Until Dawn, this is all I'm waiting for. I don't have a lot of free time because of the nature of my job but I'd make time for Yakuza. Come on Sega, get me excited anout ur game pls.

Yakuza 5 has one section in five different cities across Japan. Tokyo's part will remain Kamurocho. Not sure how reliable it is, but I heard that Kamurocho and Osaka are the most eventful and interesting, with the other three cities being rather bare bones in terms of content and sidestories.

The other cities are noticeable smaller (and in Osaka's case it's missing the other sections from Yakuza 2), but not at all barebones, each have their own things to do apart from the main quest/substories/another drama. There is only person who gets kind of screwed in terms of content and that is
Akiyama, since he shares his story with Haruka and has no another drama

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Still no sign of pre-order from the EU PSN ....
Pretty sure they've already stated there won't be a pre-order in EU, but that the game will be available at the same discount for the first week or so to PS Plus members only.

Pretty sure they've already stated there won't be a pre-order in EU, but that the game will be available at the same discount for the first week or so to PS Plus members only.

Cheers for the info. Been wondering where it was for a while. I tweeted Playstation and SEGA ages ago asking, but didn't get a response.

zakujanai

Yep I want to know which one is cheaper - US or EU/AU, before I bite. I got (limited) money to give you Sega come on!

I can answer that right now. When is the EU PSN ever cheaper for anything?

Actually doesn't seem like it'll be a huge difference for once though.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
NA: $39.99, 15% off pre-order
EU: £29.99 / €39.99, 15% off during first week or so.

22GB. Release date announcement in the next few weeks.

Top Bottom