• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 announcement leaked

Fjordson

Fuck yes. Yakuza 2 is one of the best in the series.

I love all the momentum Yakuza has right now. Needs to take its rightful place atop the gaming world.

_Ryo_

If this uses the Yakuza 6 engine and assets, the visuals and combat of the game are going to be a hugely substantial upgrade from Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1

Raw64life

Most excellent.

Day and date with the JP version would be nice so that it could be played before 6 comes out in the US, but that seems highly unlikely. Should be summer, fall 2017 for the west at the latest.

ToonLink

2921100-thatsrad.gif

Kinsei

Banned
That's great! Yakuza 2 is way too expensive for people getting into the series with 0 or Kiwami. This remake is sorely needed.

Yes, yes, yes!!!! Words cannot describe how excited/happy I am right now. 2 is my favorite in the series (haven't played 6 yet) and this is so freaking awesome! It's a good day.

Hardvlade

Fuck yeah! I'll buy every single one of them day 1. I loved Yakuza 0 and can't wait to play Kiwami.

I really wish they would bring this series to PC/Xbox as well, everyone should play these games. They are so good.

For those who have played the series, should I hold off on Yakuza 6 early next year and hopefully play them in order? (hoping they release Kiwami 3, 4, 5). I wish we could get Ishin too.

Rad indeed!

Linkura

My obligatory Yakuza news gif:
qq1oSjo.gif

This also reminds me of how much of a bitch it was for me to find a copy of the original PS2 game after being LTTP (I believe before 3 was released stateside, so still a while ago). Went through 2 unplayable Gamestop copies, and finally found a working one on Half.com. Was totally worth it though.

Aki-at

What the peacock?

No seriously what the peacock?!

No wait seriously what the PEACOOOOCK?!?

Best game of all time incoming. I mean Yakuza 6 engine too? Damn, DAMN, DAAAAMN!

lol slow down Sega with all the sequels already geez :p

This is great news. I dropped Yakuza 1 far too early and never tried the series again. With Zero, Kiwami, and now Kiwami 2 coming it'll be the best starting point.

Aki-at

Are you peacocks ready to face off against the best Yakuza antagonist?

Cause damn I am so ready. SO SO READY!

Better reuse Crazy Ken Band for that one scene!

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
This is awesome. I haven't played the original, would prefer the Kiwami treatment

Clive

Best news. A classic that in its current form just doesn't hold up well in all regards. A remake could be absolutely incredible.

December 17??

Holy SHIT if true. I wasn't thinking until sometime next year. I was holding out for this so fantastic if it really happens, ESPECIALLY with the 6 engine!

With this and PS3 emulation coming together extremely quickly, I'm thinking I'm just going to wait and play 0/Kiwami/Kiwami 2/3/4/5/6 all together once this comes out in NA.

Top Bottom