• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 announcement leaked

BigEmil

Fuck yes!

Was so close to buying Yakuza 2 on PS2!

So we got Yakuza 0, 1, 2, 6 new versions all coming to PS4

Remaster Yakuza 3-5 (since these use the older PS3 assets it's not bad just touch it up a little) to PS4 then we get the whole collection

EDIT:
WAIT YAKUZA 6 ENGINE? BRUH.

Are you peacocks ready to face off against the best Yakuza antagonist?

Cause damn I am so ready. SO SO READY!

Better reuse Crazy Ken Band for that one scene!
Yes! They better! Can't believe I forgot about that. I hope they release the soundtrack too, there's one song I love on the OST but was never able to find/buy it.

That's for Taiwan/Japan. Western release would probably be 2018~2019.

I know. I was thinking about Japan.

Though Kiwami was less than a year after 0 and this would be a bit over a year after 6. So now that I think of it it's not too farfetched. Kiwami 1 was a pretty quick TGS -> Release turnaround too.

Fingers crossed the localization time is pretty quick too. They have to have been developing this one with loc in mind.

i wouldn't be shocked if it was holiday next year considering how fast were getting 0, kiwami, and 6

Could be an even faster turn around. They can probably use the original localization just fine (just making a few adjustments here and there where their localilzation choices have changed) and would only need to do a new translation for the actual new content.

RzWy6tY.gif

So happy right now.

Played through 2 earlier this year, but I can't wait to do it again.

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I'VE WANTED A REMASTER OF 2 FOR SO LONG, THIS MAKES ME SOOOOOO HAPPY!

SEGATLUS PLEASE SAY YOU'RE LOCALIZING THIS!

Could be an even faster turn around. They can probably use the original localization just fine (just making a few adjustments here and there where their localilzation choices have changed) and would only need to do a new translation for the actual new content.

Calling a PSX announcement right now.

SEGAtlus, I need my remastered Karou, I'll pay double for it, give me whatever special goodies you have planned. I wanted this sooo much since Kiwami, I'll wait next summer if I have to damnit.

Akoi

This is amazing, I assume the pre-orders and sales of this series are doing super well for them to spit out games like this.

It's actually not healthy, some of them only sleep like 4 hours a day and the shortest they've made was Kenzan that had a 9 month turn around.

Love these games but feel awful for the people behind them :/

It's not like they hate it or anything, the people over at RGG Team are super passionate about the series, but yeah it's really unhealthy and it's incredible with what they can do on such a low budget.

Top Bottom