• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 announcement leaked

For Japan. Kiwami came out in Jan 2016, we didn't get it until August 2017. It's happening, but there's no guarantee it'll be soon for us.

I plan to bug Gio Corsi and Sam Mullen...respectfully anyways. Come on, PSX 2017.

Not surprising, but considering the discussion in glorifying crunch in the Polygon thread this type of development does not get discussed much. Makes you wonder if Sonic Team is under perpetual crunch which might be affecting their output.

Would not surprise me in the least, I remember Mark Cerny referring SoJ as a sweatshop when he was at SEGA.

Opa-Pa

I feel like both Kiwami and 6 would have to tank heavily for this not to come over. We should all chill and wait till at least after Kiwami's been out for a month or so to expect a localization announcement.

I think the only games left that would be in need of a remake would be Kenzan...and the Black Panther/PSP games.

...good luck getting THOSE localized.

THIS JUSTIFIES THE REMAKE ALONE.

tumblr_nnj7wdly9G1rfrwufo1_400.gif

Aki-at

Not surprising, but considering the discussion in glorifying crunch in the Polygon thread this type of development does not get discussed much. Makes you wonder if Sonic Team is under perpetual crunch which might be affecting their output.

Possibly but I feel for them a bigger issue is leadership and designers. This constant need to reinvent the wheel does them no favours whilst Yakuza Team decide to just build on what worked.

Then again modern Sonic levels take more resources and time than your average platform levels so it's hard to really pin down a reason or maybe a combination of all of the above.

That's rad! Hopefully it comes over as soon as possible to the West. I'm already stoked that we've got 0, Kiwami is out on the 29th, and 6 is next year.

Top Bottom