• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 announcement leaked

FHIZ

With the post 0 western reception, I really hope there isn't a huge question mark in terms of are they going to localize and if so, a large gap between releases.

Strike while the iron is hot.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's the game everyone wanted and expected. Glad it's official. Be surprised if the entire series wasn't consolidated on PS4 in all region. Fabulous.

Opa-Pa

Yakuza 6 engine means we get a better looking Kiryu too, closer to the original PS2 designs.

I don't think I've ever completely liked how he looks after the PS2 era. They only make him have this detailed, perpetually angry face that looks weird (even in 6). Oddly enough the original looked more human.

I hope they make Ryuji not look like shit too, he looks like a grandma in Dead Souls.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Not that I'm not happy as it is, but it kinda feels like they'll actually have one more project to announce.

Runner67

I know we're 3 for 3 when it comes to Yakuza localization announcements at PSX but I'm still worried lol. Makes the announcement all the better I guess.

After how popular 0 made the series and how much hype Kiwami got here, Kiwami 2 is definitely coming.

RedSwirl

Didn't notice the Y6 engine confirmation.

Would they Kiwami-fy 3, 4 and 5 or just straight port them

I'm thinking they'd be more likely to port them. English translation is already done (except for some Yakuza 3 content). Plus 0 and Kiwami are already on the same engine as 3, 4, and 5.

Aki-at

So where do I start with this series on PS4? Yakuza 0? Or is 0 better after you play Kiwami?

Start with 0 if you want chronology.

But 0 is better than Kiwami so if you go in that direction expect a bit of a downgrade the following game (because at the end of the day it is still 10 year old content!)

I don't think I've ever completely liked how he looks after the PS2 era. They only make him have this detailed, perpetually angry face that looks weird (even in 6). Oddly enough the original looked more human.

I hope they make Ryuji not look like shit too, he looks like a grandma in Dead Souls.

He'll look younger at least.

JTCx

Great news, definitely my favorite in the series.

Cant wait to see upgraded Kaoru.

giphy.gif

Skeeter49

0 was my first Yakuza game, and I'm loving it. So excited for this, especially since a lot of people seem to love 2 the most.

Is it safe to assume it'll have the same fighting system as 0 and Kiwami?

I started Yakuza 2 last year after beating 1, and got to Chapter 9 before Yakuza Zero came out. I beat that last week and started up Kiwami because of course I'm not skipping out on that piece of majesty.

I'm not sure whether to bail on 2 after Kiwami, or finish it and go on to 3, 4, and 5 before 6 comes out.

It's such a good series, and I'm so happy these games are coming out.

Alfredo

As someone who recently finished Yakuza 2 for the first time, I'm very excited. Yakuza 2 is a great game that's hampered by the PS2 hardware.

0 was my first Yakuza game, and I'm loving it. So excited for this, especially since a lot of people seem to love 2 the most.

Is it safe to assume it'll have the same fighting system as 0 and Kiwami?
It's using Dragon Engine, which is from Yakuza 6, so I think it'll probably play more like that game than Zero and Kiwami.

OniBaka

I hope they go back to using dynamic camera shots with the heat moves. I feel Yakuza 6 kind of lacks that besides the ones with kiryu in Dragon mode.

I'm importing the ever-loving shit out of this day one. My Japanese isn't amazing and I still need a lot of help from the dictionary, but there's no way I'm waiting for an English localisation this time.

Yakuza 2 was my favourite game in the series until I played 0, which I think just edges it out thanks to the more modern design, but a Yakuza 2 remake on the Dragon Engine? Forget about it. Gorgeous new character models for young Kiryu, Kaoru and Ryuji, an upgraded Osaka, this scene remade in glorious high def:

mnlSft4.gif

GOTY 2017

since this is basically the Uncharted 2 of the Yakuza series, and it is using the current gen engine, perhaps Kiwami 2 will be the definitive Yakuza installment for Ps4, and not Yakuza 6?

Perhaps Kiwami 2 will have even more polish than 6?

since this is basically the Uncharted 2 of the Yakuza series, and it is using the current gen engine, perhaps Kiwami 2 will be the definitive Yakuza installment for Ps4, and not Yakuza 6?

Does this mean that Yakuza 6 is not that well polished?

Aki-at

Yakuza 6 doesn't even feature all of Kamurocho unfortunately so it goes without saying. A lot of corners were cut.

Top Bottom