• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 announcement leaked

olimpia84

What a crazy turn of events. 5 was in complete jeopardy of being released here in the West just a few years ago and now we have this flood of games and remakes.
Really happy for this and can't wait to play it.

It definitely will. You can tell Yakuza 6 had to cut some corners in order to make the release date.
The Japanese release date? Why would Sega put pressure on themselves? Did they have to get a game out at a certain time of the year or something?
Pretty sure they are gonna tinker out the long loading time for Kiwami 2, as this was the biggest complain in Y6.
I thought Yakuza 6 didn't have load times...at least not in between street fights.
Does this mean that Yakuza 6 is not that well polished?
nah that's not really what I meant. the first few Yakuza games on Ps4 were cross gen titles, Yakuza 6 was the first game built from the ground up for Ps4, so it was Sega's first shot with that engine. By now they probably mastered the engine so Kiwami 2 will reap all the benefit with the devs' experience.
Yakuza 6 doesn't even feature all of Kamurocho unfortunately so it goes without saying. A lot of corners were cut.
And I thought this series would peak in the west with Yakuza 0. Nope, it'll be Kiwami 2.

What a crazy turn of events. 5 was in complete jeopardy of being released here in the West just a few years ago and now we have this flood of games and remakes.
f5a.png

Bizzquik

I feel bad for Nagoshi-san that one of his major announcements for Saturday was leaked; not cool.

But I'm really excited about this news!

Coooooool

Remember back in the day around Yakuza 5 when we didn't even know if these games were coming to the west

Now it's like Yakuza heaven. Goes to show, niche titles are worth supporting

simtmb

Wow, this is continuing exactly what the series needed out in the west. Y0 on PS4 provided many players a good starting point for the series, now they have Kiwami and it's follow-up.

Personally i was extremely burnt out by importing everything, but back in with the recent localization of 0. Great news as the original is an incredible game, and tied favorite with Kenzan for me.

So I assume that this will be our traditional Yakuza localization announcement for this year's PSX, right? We are 3 out of 3, so I really hope they continue with that tradition.

I am SOOOOO excited to see footage of Kiwami 2. Just 30 hours left.
Luce, remember a couple of days ago you were reacting about me not having played Y2? This will be MINE!

Yeah. They might announce something else too (unlikely but hey). At the very least, we'll get a trailer for Kiwami 2.
i was thinking there could be a double announcement, since we also learned this year that Yakuza 7 would be "chinpaya" something like that. and kiwami 1 & y6 got announced together

Alastor3

im afraid that the combat system will all look the same, isn't kiwami same combat from Zero and kiwami 2 same as 6?(well might be too early to tell)

I already know all the moves from Kiryu from Zero, i hope there's change in kiwami

A remake with the Dragon Engine is exactly what I was hoping for.

And with all the posts saying 2 has the best story, I am fucking HYPED

This is amazing what happened to this franchise. Up until a few months ago so many people in the west, me included, barely knew about it. Now we're under a deluge of games and absolutely loving it.

I hope it'll come in 2018 though. Otherwise it'll be extra hard holding off on playing 6.

Runner67

i was thinking there could be a double announcement, since we also learned this year that Yakuza 7 would be "chinpaya" something like that. and kiwami 1 & y6 got announced together

The devs said multiple announcements. I think theres more than just Kiwami 2, but if its 7, it likely won't have a specific release date yet, hence why it probably didn't leak as well.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Not a totally surprising announcement, but hype nonetheless!

I'm gonna buy Yakuza 6 on day one regardless, but I'm conflicted on whether to wait to play it until I can play Kiwami 2 (and then 3, 4 and 5 on PS3). I need guidance.

Triteon

Oh hells yes.

I missed this originally i bought it for a high price during the PS3, I couldnt do it. I love the series tho' played all the others as they came out.

Now it's at the point of wondering if they will remaster the PS3 games or just rerelease them on PS4.

probably easier just porting the games from 3 onward, the only games that really needed a remaster were the PS2 originals, Kenzan (it's basically a half-step technologically between 2 and 3), and the PSP titles.

Though I'd welcome a PC port for any of these titles.

probably easier just porting the games from 3 onward, the only games that really needed a remaster were the PS2 originals, Kenzan (it's basically a half-step technologically between 2 and 3), and the PSP titles.

Though I'd welcome a PC port for any of these titles.

Vita remakes for PSP titles pls

Sgblues

Yeah it only made sense as to what the next announcement would have been and most of us already called it and a lot others wished for it.

So the return of Kaoru huh? Nice to have her back after the cameo in Y3.

Bizzquik

So, let's reflect.
0 in January, Kiwami next week, 6 in March, and now Kiwami 2 on the horizon for likely mid-late 2018.

When you lay it out like that, I wonder if they bundle 3-4-5 in a PS4 collection (1080p@60fps) shortly after Kiwami 2...and then reassess future franchise growth from there. (Port to PC? Perhaps start fresh with new characters for PS5?)

Eylos

Banned
I Guess they think ishin is too japanese for the west maybe, its the Yakuza game i was most interested.

But im Glad loved Yakuza 0.

OmegaDL50

I'm just about to beat Yakuza 0, and have Yakuza Kiwami coming to my door next week, and now this news.

This is unreal. So awesome. Day zero for me once the localization hits.

Top Bottom