• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 Review Thread

WaterAstro

Man, I think Yakuza Kiwami 2 will take a while for me to get through. I just want to enjoy all the minigames without pause, so I might get it after I finish Spiderman.

Just got Kiwami's platinum. Some pretty hard stuff to do to get it.

Last edited:

EDMIX

2 days before release usually. Shenmue HD collection was 2 weeks before release

nice. I'm hoping EA gives that 2 weeks, lol games be like 100GB! I also got Shenmue on disk as I got the Amazon discount before they got all evil on me lol

WaterAstro

p4CJw4u.jpg

feelsgoodman.gif

Man, I think Yakuza Kiwami 2 will take a while for me to get through. I just want to enjoy all the minigames without pause, so I might get it after I finish Spiderman.

Just got Kiwami's platinum. Some pretty hard stuff to do to get it.

My plan exactly, Spiderman => Kiwami 2.

JimiNutz

Banned
It starts slow, but starting with Chapter 3 it really picks up. The end of Chapter 4 is absolutely amazing.

Yeah I wasn't overly impressed with the game after chapter 1 but I then spent hours just playing darts, dancing at the disco and completing various side missions yesterday and I'm already loving the game!

Going to dig deeper into the main storyline today but I can tell that I'm going to love the game already. Can't believe I waited this long to play it.

Yeah I wasn't overly impressed with the game after chapter 1 but I then spent hours just playing darts, dancing at the disco and completing various side missions yesterday and I'm already loving the game!

Going to dig deeper into the main storyline today but I can tell that I'm going to love the game already. Can't believe I waited this long to play it.

I'm right now just before the final boss, and the game is an absolute joy. The juxtaposition of the main story along with the over-the-top hijinks in some of the side stories is absolutely brilliant.
It's telling that right now on Steam, I've played over 60 hours and that's just for one playthrough--the side stories and other attractions are great.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I just got to an umm, interesting side activity involving betting. Let's just say I'm shocked a certain segment of social media wasn't up in arms about this one.

I just got to an umm, interesting side activity involving betting. Let's just say I'm shocked a certain segment of social media wasn't up in arms about this one.

The game makes no apologies for itself, man. I will say, though, fighting the odds seems a bit tough. I've hit the jackpot on that side activity once, and then never again, because I always go for the underdog.

Ha, under.

WaterAstro

If you want to be shocked, google the names of those ladies you're collecting the cards of, and make sure you're not at work.

xviper

i'm planning on getting the game but playing it later, i already played Y6 about 2 months ago

i just have a question about Majima, i heard that you don't play him as much as Kiryu, how long is Majima's chapters ?

i'm planning on getting the game but playing it later, i already played Y6 about 2 months ago

i just have a question about Majima, i heard that you don't play him as much as Kiryu, how long is Majima's chapters ?

It's roughly the same, IMO. Every two chapters, you switch.

Personally I have more fun as Majima, both in terms of cabaret club vs. real estate and in combat--spam windmill FTW.

Also, Majima has more......emotion? A wider range of acting, it feels like. Kiryu, while no doubt a badass, feels somewhat one-note; then again, I do have to consider that this is Kiryu when he was a wet-behind-the-ears kid.

xviper

It's roughly the same, IMO. Every two chapters, you switch.

Personally I have more fun as Majima, both in terms of cabaret club vs. real estate and in combat--spam windmill FTW.

Also, Majima has more......emotion? A wider range of acting, it feels like. Kiryu, while no doubt a badass, feels somewhat one-note; then again, I do have to consider that this is Kiryu when he was a wet-behind-the-ears kid.
awesome, Majima is my favorite in the series, i was afraid he won't be playable as much as he was in 0, but thank you for the clarification

The series definitely is filled with risqué joke and I absolutely love it for it since you can tell it's neither mean spirited or excessively conscious to the point where it's not funny at all. It feels alien, as if we're getting a glimpse of another culture that takes itself mercifully way less seriously than us.

Yakuza 2 had this lovely Lady

Tomhanks.jpg

Last edited:

WaterAstro

Meh, I decided just to buy it now and play it when it's out today. Preloading now. It's going to be playable in 10 minutes.

Edit: I decided too late and I have to wait for the download. Damnit.

Last edited:

WaterAstro

LIZwOI2.jpg

I just love this feature on the PS4. Some games use it, like locking out game modes or something, but this is the coolest implementation I've seen. Much better than Mafia 3, where I waited like 5 hours for it to install before I could play anything.

GenericUser

feelsgoodman.gif

Crazy, grats though! As much as I like the Yakuza games, I'm not really into completing the sidequests. I do see that they are well designed and really fleshed out, but to complete them, would probably bore me to death. I treat them more as a nice distraction from time to time beween story missions. The big story missions are the real meat for me. I love when Kiryu is doing Kiryu things.

alphaproto

Neo Member
I've been hooked on 0 lately, I'll for sure be looking forward to this once I'm through Kiwami 1... as far off as that may be.

Top Bottom