• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 & Yakuza 2 Simultaneous Livestream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
custom14961300558d3ee0-320x180.png

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/213851174

For those that missed my simultaneous livestream of Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2, we commenced Chapter 12. Truth, deception & betrayals. Kiryu will stop at nothing to rescue Haruka. To be continued...

customcf966172ceec7a02-320x180.png

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/215012684

For those that missed my simultaneous livestream of Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2, we've retrieved the final document needed to complete all Heat Actions. By reaching Level SS with Haruka's Trust, she has bestowed upon us this document allowing Kiryu to use a bowling ball against his enemies.

https://www.twitch.tv/theelecplay

We've completed all substories, beaten 4 of the Amon brothers, completed all side activities and we still have two more chapters to complete! We've unlocked and learned all abilities especially the secret ones! Need help, strategies? Join me live on Twitch! Don't miss my simultaneous livestreams of Ryu ga Gotoku 2 and Kiwami 2! Fully translated and narrated!

Join me live on Twitch as we continue my simultaneous livestreams of Ryu ga Gotoku 2 and Kiwami 2! Fully translated and narrated!

customa52ec30c63d012a6-320x180.png

For those that missed my simultaneous livestream of Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2, we played a few rounds of shogi and completed Chapter 15.

Join me live on Twitch as we complete The Final Chapter in my simultaneous livestreams of Ryu ga Gotoku 2 and Kiwami 2! Fully translated and narrated!

customa7a5b3e70eb286e4-320x180.png

In this One Month Anniversary special, we confronted Ryuji Goda and completed both Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 simultaneously.

Join me as we start Majima's Untold Story - a Kiwami 2 exclusive mode that tells us what happened before the events of Yakuza 2 and the return of a woman who was involved in the 'Empty Lot' incident in Yakuza 0.

customa44946cab5f3d003-320x180.png

For those that missed my in-depth livestream of Yakuza Kiwami 2, we play as the Mad Dog of Shimano himself, Majima Goro. We also complete a few tasks: find various recovery items scattered in the streets and fight against Encounter Bosses.

custom716b74c1f1a487f9-320x180.png

For those that missed my in-depth livestream of Yakuza Kiwami 2, Majima returns to Kamurocho to meet with The Florist of Sai: Kage. We also fought against three new Encounter Bosses.

We're live on Twitch! Join my in-depth livestream of Yakuza Kiwami 2 as we return to Soutenbori Osaka where Majima has a fateful reunion with the one he once loved...

customcbb436b6b46786c6-320x180.png

For those that missed my in-depth livestream of Yakuza Kiwami 2, we defeated all Encounter Bosses and reunited with Makimura Makoto.

customaeca7defbb71bdf8-320x180.png

For those that missed my in-depth livestream of Yakuza Kiwami 2, we completed all Encounter Bosses, claimed our million Yen bonus and completed the story.

Does anyone remember mods? I love your enthusiasm, but wow this entire thread is literally an ad

Am I to understand that one cannot share an idea/passion about ones hobby with the rest of the community? For the record, I am NOT promoting a product nor a service. I'm not here to make money. I'm here just to share my passion as a gamer with other fellow gamers.

Recorded/exported from my Twitch channel.

In this in-depth livestream of Yakuza Kiwami 2, we returned to Soutenbori, played two sessions of New Nightlife Island, purchased two of the most powerful weapons in the game from Kamiyama, successfully cleared ALL Bouncer Missions (HARD & LEGEND) and I share a bit of info about the combinations and permutations of armor and its effects.

custom28abc0ab3c93a96f-320x180.png

For those that missed my simultaneous livestream of Yakuza 2 and Kiwami 2, we started a LEGEND mode Premium New Game and reminisced the events that took place in Yakuza 1 and Kiwami 1. Fully translated and narrated! Daily live-streams of Yakuza Kiwami 2 and the original Yakuza 2 on my Twitch channel!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have Kiwami and I started it today. I don't know how long it'll be until I go back because I want to finish another game before I dive in. I think its cool there is this comparison stream. I have seen quite a bit of this "Yakuza 0 is awesome, so much better than Kiwami". If it wasn't for Kiwami there wouldn't have been a 0. smh it is infuriating. Obliviously Yakuza Kiwami is not horrible. My own personal experience is playing Yakuza 2 on PS2 and then importing KENZAN!. I can't necessarily vouch for knowing a lot about this series, but I've always been interested in it. I won't be the first or the last person to say it reminds me of Shenmue, but I was on the hype train with that by owning the imported DC version.

It seems like this is a lot of work, fun work. Its awesome to see something like this. I wanted to get 0, but at the time it was more than I wanted to spend when I knew I could spend less and play the game that's apparently the first game and not the prequel. Anyway, I don't fully understand my negative feelings about this Yakuza 0> all. I'll hopefully get there someday.

Last edited:
I have Kiwami and I started it today. I don't know how long it'll be until I go back because I want to finish another game before I dive in. I think its cool there is this comparison stream. I have seen quite a bit of this "Yakuza 0 is awesome, so much better than Kiwami". If it wasn't for Kiwami there wouldn't have been a 0. smh it is infuriating. Obliviously Yakuza Kiwami is not horrible. My own personal experience is playing Yakuza 2 on PS2 and then importing KENZAN!. I can't necessarily vouch for knowing a lot about this series, but I've always been interested in it. I won't be the first or the last person to say it reminds me of Shenmue, but I was on the hype train with that by owning the imported DC version.

It seems like this is a lot of work, fun work. Its awesome to see something like this. I wanted to get 0, but at the time it was more than I wanted to spend when I knew I could spend less and play the game that's apparently the first game and not the prequel. Anyway, I don't fully understand my negative feelings about this Yakuza 0> all. I'll hopefully get there someday.

Absolutely. In fact, in terms of story I still feel Yakuza 1/Kiwami was the best followed by 2 and Zero. But that's not to say the subsequent games were bad by any means. Appreciate you checking out the streams. This is my second time playing both Yakuza 2 and Kiwami 2 simultaneously (the first time I've completed all sidequests, side activities etc). Now, I'm starting off with LEGEND mode and primarily focusing on the main story.

Check it out when you have time man!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Am I to understand that one cannot share an idea/passion about ones hobby with the rest of the community? For the record, I am NOT promoting a product nor a service. I'm not here to make money. I'm here just to share my passion as a gamer with other fellow gamers.

Last time I posted a link to my personal project/work (for awareness) I was reprimanded by the modding team and was warned not to do it again.

If you're looking to just share your passion, then you should maybe just keep this posted regularly in the Yakuza series OT?

custom7456694a2ec4107a-320x180.png

For those that missed my LEGEND mode simultaneous livestream of Yakuza 2 & Kiwami 2, Kiryu has a fateful encounter with the Go-Ryu Clan's. Ryuji Goda.

Last edited:
Hey man, since you said you did all the side stuff, I'm curious. Did any side stuff/substories not make it over to Kiwami 2 from vanilla?

Hey man, since you said you did all the side stuff, I'm curious. Did any side stuff/substories not make it over to Kiwami 2 from vanilla?

Yes! In fact, just like Kiwami 1 to Yakuza 1, Kiwami 2 is missing at least 50 or so substories from the original which is unfortunate that not ALL substories made the cut. I was really looking forward to the Dine & Dash and especially the one where Kiryu becomes the No1 host for Club Adam.

Last edited:
custom47028cf9ba63b8fb-320x180.png

For those that missed my simultaneous livestream of Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 on LEGEND, Kiryu and Daigo head to the Omi Alliance Headquarters. Jin Goda, the current chairman of the Omi Alliance agrees to a 50-50 truce. However, negotiations falter when Ryuji Goda ambushes the peace treaty. You will see a lot of differences in which the interior of the Omi HQ is designed in Kiwami 2...Especially that chandelier...

Join me live on Twitch as we begin Chapter 4 in my in-depth simultaneous live-stream of Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 on LEGEND mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom