• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon launches November 10 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC | March 2, 2021 for PS5 in the west

ManaByte

Gold Member
4K 60 on Series X
EjE6VPIWAAEh564

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
This Yakuza stuff, I’m playing 0 on Gamepass and I beat the first boss. I don’t know, it’s not pulling me in yet. Is this like a Persona situation where it takes a few hours for it to get going or is it a what you see is what you get?

EDMIX

This Yakuza stuff, I’m playing 0 on Gamepass and I beat the first boss. I don’t know, it’s not pulling me in yet. Is this like a Persona situation where it takes a few hours for it to get going or is it a what you see is what you get?

Stick with it! The story really picks up and imho its one of the best Yakuza titles and really gets you off to a good start for the rest of the series. Put it this way, if I could lose my memory and play the series over again....I'd start with Zero. Trust me, it pays off in the end. It grows on you.

I had the physical version reserved for a while. It's nice to know physical purchasers will also be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version. And for free too. I was hoping that we'd be able to transfer our saves to PS5 via USB or cloud saves.

TeKtheSanE

I had the physical version reserved for a while. It's nice to know physical purchasers will also be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version. And for free too. I was hoping that we'd be able to transfer our saves to PS5 via USB or cloud saves.
Unfortunately they have said that this will not be possible, when you start it on PS5 it will be a forced restart.

Not sure why Sony is doing this with both this and SpiderMan MM

Last edited:
Unfortunately they have said that this will not be possible, when you start it on PS5 it will be a forced restart.

Not sure why Sony is doing this with both this and SpiderMan MM
Spiderman MM transfers your saves from the PS4 version for the upgrade
However, if you own the original Spiderman your saves won't transfer if you purchase the bundle that includes the remaster
It seems like it will depend on the developer

TeKtheSanE

Spiderman MM transfers your saves from the PS4 version for the upgrade
However, if you own the original Spiderman your saves won't transfer if you purchase the bundle that includes the remaster
It seems like it will depend on the developer
Thanks for clarifying, I read the article earlier wrong as it was just Spiderman that it was talking about.

I wonder why it is varying from title to title though, can't they just use the PS Cloud?

Thanks for clarifying, I read the article earlier wrong as it was just Spiderman that it was talking about.

I wonder why it is varying from title to title though, can't they just use the PS Cloud?
I honestly have no idea
I'm sure there are a couple of titles that might not transfer your saves if you upgrade
I can't imagine playing Cyberpunk 2077 on the PS5 only to start over when the free next gen version comes

[Sigma]

May get it on PS4, then again I may wait for the PS5 version.
Play-Station-PS5-2020.png
+Super SSD=
the-goat.jpg
You know Nagoshi is going to add that sauce for the base fans on PS5.:messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:
Preload available on XBL sitting at 37 GB. Remote DL/d on my X.

There might be a day one patch. 37GB not that much in 2020 and this thing is running in 4k.

xrnzaaas

Preload available on XBL sitting at 37 GB. Remote DL/d on my X.

There might be a day one patch. 37GB not that much in 2020 and this thing is running in 4k.
Yakuza games were never particularly big in terms of hdd space. With my crappy Internet connection and the need to have multiple games on the hard drive this is always good news.

Aidah

Tried it today on Series X. Mostly tried normal mode (60fps). Some noticeable drops mostly during cut scenes, some hitches during gameplay, mostly when transition to a cutscene. Good overall though. Very fast loading. Great game to have enhanced on day 1.

Top Bottom