• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon listing appears on SteamDB

Mista

Banned
Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon-Title-Cover-1024x577.png

A listing for Yakuza: Like a Dragon has appeared on SteamDB, which tracks updates to games and applications in the Steam backend. A Steam store link is provided, but not yet live.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon first launched for PlayStation 4 on January 16 in Japan and Asia, and has already been announced for a 2020 release for the same platform in the Americas and Europe. This would be the first confirmation of a PC version.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Did they ever fix the stuttering issues in Yakuza 0? I seem to recall there being sound bugs, too, but it's been a while. Either way, cool that it's coming to PC, though I'll probably just get it on PS4 anyway.

cireza

Banned
Would be nice if this could come to Xbox as well, with the first three games being currently released.

Anyone played it on PS4? Besides Kyriu and Majima appearing shortly and having them as attacks, do I need to play Y3-Y6 to understand and enjoy the story? I cba to go through 3,4,5 and 6 after playing the first 3 and I want a fresh start like Judgment which I loved. Also yes I know it's turn based.

sublimit

Banned
I wonder if they will keep the NG+ and higher difficulty mode as paid dlc for the Western release.

Anyone played it on PS4? Besides Kyriu and Majima appearing shortly and having them as attacks, do I need to play Y3-Y6 to understand and enjoy the story? I cba to go through 3,4,5 and 6 after playing the first 3 and I want a fresh start like Judgment which I loved. Also yes I know it's turn based.
It hasn't come out for the PS4 in the West yet.
And from what i've heard even though it has appearances from older characters in the series you can play it even if you've never played a Yakuza game before.

Last edited:

Mhmmm 2077

It's gonna be same date as PS4 western release, maybe even XB1 release too. Expect $60/60€ and maybe even Denuvo in it. I don't mind, I just hope that these non-sense DLCs are included with the game.

Kazza

It makes sense, as it doesn't rely on playing the previous Yakuzas (speaking of which, what's taking 3 so long to come to PC?). Still, I'm surprised to see this coming to PC before Judgment.

JohannCK

It's a soft reboot, references to past games are mostly just cameos and easter eggs. The story revolves entirely around new characters.

Like Judgment it's a great starting point, so yeah, I'd recommend going for it.

Last edited:

As someone that just started playing the first Kiwami, I'm all about this. I can't help but feel like that's what they're leaning towards. I WILL HAVE THEM ALL!

0 blew my mind as my first Yakuza game. Was addicted from the very start. I bought 6 but haven’t even opened it because I want them in order and on PC.

Top Bottom