• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Xbox Series X Hands-On Preview

lol wut? Fighting with a giant back massager as a weapon, beating up huge diaper wearing dudes... and then becoming their friends... a quest about mistakenly rescuing a crayfish thereby saddening it's human friend so you try to find it again...

wow. Sounds like a silly fun time.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
This will probably be my game of the year.

Reactions: Isa

Roufianos

Ahhh. If this wasn't turn-based then it would be among my most anticipated games.

Can't believe they did such a drastic revamp, especially as the series was actually growing in personality.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Its sad SEGA has recently got into bed with Microsoft at least from an exclusivity perspective, it did result in PSO2's launch in the west but still a little bummed that there won't be an enhanced version for PS5 until next year.

Guess il be playing it in PS4 Pro style instead.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Hang in there at least for Kiwami 2!

This game also isn't connected to the main story if you want to detour. Like Judgment.

Oh really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. The game play looks interesting but I am assuming its going to be a long game liek the other Yakuza games. i would have to set aside some time for it.

Kuranghi

Is it blasphemy to play a Yakuza game in english?

I was going to start Y0 soon but last time I got a bit put off by the amount of reading. I don't mind subtitles its just so much dialogue in that game tho.

I take it I just need to nut up?

CasasPlays

Neo Member
Really looking forward to it dropping on PC. Played through Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 & 2 within the last year and loved them all. Loved it enough to even get Majima's back tattoo tattooed on my forearm lol. Really hope they end up bringing 3-6 to PC eventually tho.

Reactions: Isa

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Games are not that good for me to git gud in this sense, pretty much nothing is, because Japanese sound weird as fuck, however i recognize that you weebs are use to it.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Games are not that good for me to git gud in this sense, pretty much nothing is, because Japanese sound weird as fuck, however i recognize that you weabs are use to it.

Who ya calling a weab? I prefer all my foreign films subbed not dubbed. I'm sure your native language sounds weird as fuck too, but at least it has the correct tone and inflection.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Who ya calling a weab? I prefer all my foreign films subbed not dubbed. I'm sure your native language sounds weird as fuck too, but at least it has the correct tone and inflection.
Absolutely, but no one froces you to listen to it. You can in Mafia: Definitive Edition if you have that.

Fbh

The game looks great. I'll definitely be getting it on PC.

The games aren't exactly a technical showcase anyway. The lower budgets are probably a big reason why the franchise has survived so long.

People expecting a massive next gen upgrade were setting themselves up for disappointment

Is it blasphemy to play a Yakuza game in english?

I was going to start Y0 soon but last time I got a bit put off by the amount of reading. I don't mind subtitles its just so much dialogue in that game tho.

I take it I just need to nut up?

Play in whatever language makes the experience more enjoyable for you.

With that said, Yakuza is one of the franchises where playing with Japanese voices makes a lot of sense since you are playing as realistic looking Japanese people in actual Japan.

Playing in English would feel off to me in the same way that playing GTAV in Japanese would feel off.

Top Bottom