• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ya'll gape?

Ya'll gape?

• Yes

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Oh, trust me I gape ;)

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

brap

Banned
Seems like it's the hot new thing to do. Men, woman and children all do it. I personally don't and I think it looks dumb. Nobody thinks you're happy or excited just because your mouth is hanging open. What about you guys?
zL5KKci.jpg

hhIniDF.jpg

I keep trying to resize the first image but it's not working :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Seems like it's the hot new thing to do. Men, woman and children all do it. I personally don't and I think it looks dumb. Nobody thinks you're happy or excited just because your mouth is hanging open. What about you guys?
zL5KKci.jpg

hhIniDF.jpg

I keep trying to resize the first image but it's not working :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Antoon Antoon remember the second pic? You told me to change my avatar once, and thats the same guy who was in it. lmao

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Yes I do when I dont feel like smiling. What you other Alphas do, some hand signal poses or grab your dicks and act tough? Ya Secret soy boys..... wot ?!? Go cry into your Gandalf pillows.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
There are 3 people who shouldn't be in there and one of them is James fucking Rolfe. That dude screams and curses a lot so someone probably screencapped mid rant about some shitty old game that only 2 people beat back in the 80's.

Yeah, I've made that face for photos, though I feel self conscious about it now.

Look, my smile looks like shit, it's more photogenic for me than smiling.

I'm going to have to go against the grain here and say that this face is fine, it's just silly fun, disagree with me if you want but that's how I feel.

I also have a beard like most of these guys, I "look" the part of a "soyboy" for the most part, but I have a different attitude, attitude is what matters, don't judge a book by it's cover.

You'll have to forgive me I guess.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Yeah, I've made that face for photos, though I feel self conscious about it now.

Look, my smile looks like shit, it's more photogenic for me than smiling.

I'm going to have to go against the grain here and say that this face is fine, it's just silly fun, disagree with me if you want but that's how I feel.

I also have a beard like most of these guys, I "look" the part of a "soyboy" for the most part, but I have a different attitude, attitude is what matters, don't judge a book by it's cover.
>guys I'm totally NOT a soyboy
TyXUI6T.gif

just kidding i like you :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Isn't this just one of the "I make dumb Youtube videos for a living and need to show to my equally dumb viewers what extreme emotion to feel"-faces?

I honestly like "gape" for this expression more than "soy face". In a civvie context, most people don't associate "gape" with, ah, goatse and similar images, so it is a better lowkey insult.

The defense I have seen for this is that the expression shows happiness, but like I said in another topic it looks more like disgust or being stunned. AVGN using it in character is a normal use, I think.

He also does it when talking about how racist and sexist indiana jones and the three stooges are too!

Wait, he did this unironically?

Last edited:

I honestly like "gape" for this expression more than "soy face". In a civvie context, most people don't associate "gape" with, ah, goatse and similar images, so it is a better lowkey insult.

The defense I have seen for this is that the expression shows happiness, but Like I said in another topic it looks more like disgust or being stunned. AVGN using it in character is a normal use, I think.

Wait, he did this unironically?

I associate gape with something totally different.

Top Bottom