• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes PSN is down [May Take Day Or Two... Or 57]

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

elektrixx said:
PlayStation Notwork

0300_ymsh.gif

Would've liked to check out Home update 1.5. but I guess I won't be doing that. I'll take me picture of Jack Tretton of my wall to protest if they let the servers be down for the entire holiday. Bunch of lazy incompetents.

snap0212

Does anyone know when the PSN went down? I haven't used it in a couple of days so I actually thought it was just Thursday (+maybe today).

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
At least some of you are on holiday. I am at work reading you moan about not being able to get PS3 online for a day or two. Guess what I'll do tomorrow too? Work!

Go do some barbecue and make fun of sad people working while you have fun.

Dead Man

dofry said:
At least some of you are on holiday. I am at work reading you moan about not being able to get PS3 online for a day or two. Guess what I'll do tomorrow too? Work!

Go do some barbecue and make fun of sad people working while you have fun.
You are at work but reading GAF, be thankful for that. Some people are at work... working.

And yeah, get this shit sorted, Sony.

alstein

snap0212 said:
Does anyone know when the PSN went down? I haven't used it in a couple of days so I actually thought it was just Thursday (+maybe today).

was Early Thursday morning.

Glad I work 16 hours today, hope this gets fixed today. Realizing that I can get by without console gaming now though.

bud

Mizzou Gaming said:
Edit: I notice the internet browser still works but for whatever reason NeoGAF just shows up as an entire page full of letters and numbers.

you have to google "neogaf thread," and then log in on that page (some oblivion thread) for it to work. weird, i know.

bud

does portal 1 for the ps3 require any mandatory updates? i was thinking of getting orange box today, but maybe i should hold off for another week or so, haha.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Have the day off, no online MvC3. :(

Too bad for those people with those Capcom PSN games that require PSN access to play!

Masamuna

bud said:
you have to google "neogaf thread," and then log in on that page (some oblivion thread) for it to work. weird, i know.

Method i've found to work when gaf becomes a bunch of text on ps3 browser:

1. Select all, Copy
2. Press Start, Paste
3. Press Start again and the desired thread or section will pop up.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I hope that it's back up by the time I get off work today. If not, more inFamous and Gears 3 beta for me!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Benedict said:
What's the rumour I hear that it will be until monday/tuesday before it's up again?
I can't find any sources

There are no sources. PSblog says 1 or 2 days from yesterday. Could it take all weekend? Maybe.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What's interesting is that I had two downloads queued up and, although I could not sign into PSN, the downloads continued just fine.

Kyoufu

TheFuryMGS3 said:
This. Socom 4 is pretty shitty all by itself but the fact that week one there is no multi dosen't help its case.

Who cares. Like you say the game is shit, why does it's case need help? There is no helping shit.

Dambrosi

Banned
dwu8991 said:
To be fair, it's free so it's not like we getting ripped off.
Those (like myself) who bought either Final Fight Double Impact or Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 without knowing about Capcom's always-online DRM would beg to differ.

elektrixx said:
PlayStation Notwork

SonicAdventure2-Emeraldnotwork.png

Sony won't let Sega keep even that from the Dreamcast days!

Kyoufu said:
I like how PSN goes down for 2 days out of the 5 years it has existed and people call it a shit service.
I like how you've ignored literally all the other downtime it's had, not to mention the generally flaky service some people persistently have, and the early years when firmware updates were achingly slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom