• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO... did anyone here know that there's a Red Faction movie?

Did you know there's a movie?

• Yes

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 37 90.2%

• Total voters

Banned
The insomniac I am, I'm currently sitting in front of my PC, 4am, and have the TV on in the background. and what do I vaguely hear there? someone talking about shit that sounds very much like Red Faction. and sure enough, I take the remote, look what the movie's called... and it's Red Faction - Die Rebellen (german title) curently running on RTL2 on german TV.
it's called Red Faction Origins in english and is apparently based on Red Faction Guerilla, released in 2011

how the hell did I completely miss that this is a thing lol? I am kinda stunned because I thought I am pretty on point with my trivia and knowledge of all things video games, but this movie completely flew under my radar... this is almost like some Mandela effect shit man xD maybe I came from a universe where it never existed
OIP.-o07_EGHggMCyvBJyg544AHaHd

1200x630bb.jpg

Last edited:

CamHostage

A SyFy Original Movie

Never saw it. Wanted to, but for some reason this didn't rise to become a TV event at the time. (Sure, Red Faction isn't a household name, but gamers have paid to see a lot of shitty game adaptations and this one was one of the few aired for free!) The writer/director team here went on to do a ton of CW superhero shows like Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. $7 for the DVD, $12 for the BD or $4 to stream it... probably I'll never see it unless it shows up on Tubi some day, but at least they didn't disappear this completely.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
This was part of THQ's desperate attempt to stay relevant under the leadership of Danny Bilson. It didn't work.

Top Bottom