• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoichi Wada moved Square Enix's offices based on advice from a fortune teller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
caitsith-ffviiarty6wp4.png

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
He's kidding, right?
No, this is TOO much even for Wada. I can't accept it even if effectively Square do release the Itadaki Street games, which translates as "Fortune Street" and even if the fortune teller is an expert in that field. IT'S UNACCEPTABLE!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think people here are seriously underestimating how prevalent superstititous beliefs are amongst business and political leaders. I suspect this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of important people making crazy decisions based on dumb shit.

Theonik

Didn't Uematsu stop working at Square as well as lots of other Square devs because of the move. Holy sh*t that is pretty damn retarded if true.
Who am I kidding It's Wada, of course it's true.

I think people here are seriously underestimating how prevalent superstititous beliefs are amongst business and political leaders. I suspect this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of important people making crazy decisions based on dumb shit.

Like how God told Bush to invade Iraq?

Zoe

Doesn't surprise me. I know someone making big bucks doing feng shui for large companies.

LiK

All about the Feng Shui

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Someone bribe that fortune teller to tell them making both an Anachronox remake/sequel and Chrono game is the only way to prevent an impending disaster of extraordinary magnitude.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Western game companies also make decisions based on fortune tellers.
They're called analysts.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Like... what?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
This... is not that shocking to me actually. In Japan it is still common for a Shinto priest to come in and bless a construction site before building. Though maybe moving the offices is a bit of an ordeal, it's not really out of character.

Not that it seems to have worked out for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom