• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Yooka-Laylee becomes fastest video game project to hit $1 million on Kickstarter

Shizuka

May 28, 2014
First is Mega Man, now it's 3D platformers. What's next, a rhythm game in the veins of Parappa?

James Scott

Banned
May 24, 2014
That's pretty impressive. More so that they didn't even need the kickstarter money, but hopefully they can make something really special.

May 4, 2014
There is no market for these games. They belong in the past and died for a reason. There is no such thing as climate change and man walked with dinosaurs.

MUnited83

For you.
Dec 14, 2013
Holy shit! Last I heard it was going on 200 000$ and I thought it was going crazily fast. This is insane!

J@hranimo

Banned
Sep 11, 2009
I'm so happy to be a part of this.

If I couldn't do it for Shovel Knight, at least I can do it with the successor to one of my fav game series of all time! :'D

Poona

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
They never left on Nintendo systems.

Still, I wish I had cash to spare for this.
They have left Nintendo systems.

We are still waiting on the big 3d mario game in the vein of 64, sunshine and Galaxy. 3d world is just 2d gameplay based (complete with timed levels and jumping on the flag pole at the end) on a small 3d plane. 3d world doesn't allow you to easily explore compared to previous 3d Mario.

It seems Nintendo is just wanting to do 2d Platformers as shown with donkey kong, Kirby and Yoshi.