• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka-Laylee becomes fastest video game project to hit $1 million on Kickstarter

hydruxo

Xvub.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

The Kickstarter went up at 12pm EST, and hit $1m about six hours later.

Torment: Tides of Numeria had the record before that at $1m in 7 hours

Kevin

Hopefully Microsoft will take notice and make a new
good
Banjo-Kazooie game. Won't hold my breathe though.

-MD-

Bravo, Playtonic.

I did not hesitate to back it, this is the game I want most in life right now.

That's pretty impressive. More so that they didn't even need the kickstarter money, but hopefully they can make something really special.

There is no market for these games. They belong in the past and died for a reason. There is no such thing as climate change and man walked with dinosaurs.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This is hugely heartwarming. I hope the game ends up being great!

That Grant Kirkhope tweet is awesome.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm so happy to be a part of this.

If I couldn't do it for Shovel Knight, at least I can do it with the successor to one of my fav game series of all time! :'D

Poona

They never left on Nintendo systems.

Still, I wish I had cash to spare for this.

They have left Nintendo systems.

We are still waiting on the big 3d mario game in the vein of 64, sunshine and Galaxy. 3d world is just 2d gameplay based (complete with timed levels and jumping on the flag pole at the end) on a small 3d plane. 3d world doesn't allow you to easily explore compared to previous 3d Mario.

It seems Nintendo is just wanting to do 2d Platformers as shown with donkey kong, Kirby and Yoshi.

Top Bottom