• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka Laylee first trailer, delayed to 2017

blacksark

Official video from playtonic youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1gxLvbX3Ow&feature=youtu.be

Yooka-Laylee New PS4 Gameplay - Everything You Need To Know trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A99-IYExCHA

Playtonic on Yooka-Laylee Progress and Its New 2017 Release Window | Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLT2...ure=youtu.be&a

The studio also detailed how the development partnership with Team17 is working. The firm is internally handling the Wii U and PC versions of the game, while Team17 is working on porting the title to Xbox One and PS4.

And the game delayed to 2017 q1

reKon

Banned
Damn. At least I have plenty to keep me busy.

Game looks good, but I'm hoping the levels end up getting filled with a little more enemies.

thefro

YouTube link? That website is really bad.

I'm guessing the video will be up everywhere else in about 40 minutes and this site broke the embargo since they're confused about time zones.

Looks great. A shame about the delay, but Playtonic can take their time.

I was never expecting 2016 given the scope of the project obviously expanded a bit with the Kickstarter success and the fact that Rare traditionally delayed games to not rush them out.

Camjo-Z

Assuming it wasn't just editing trickery, I like how they seem to have turned transformations into a quick "step on the portal and it's done" thing rather than a long drawn-out process.

Totally fine with the small delay, considering they hit all the stretch goals to add a ton more stuff I wasn't expecting them to hit the original release date anyway.

2017? Depending on how late into 2017 they delay it, i hope Nintendo hands out some NX devkits, it would be a nice token of support to enable Playtonic to not have the game die on Wii U only (as far as Nintendo systems go).

E: Boy, that trailer looked awesome, great going Playtonic!

Alpha_eX

Looks great but I'm not a fan of the floating blocks / platforms design. I don't recall Banjo being like this, everything was mostly logically connected based on gravity.

Either way, I'm happy for this next year but xmas would have been perfect.

BD1

Banned
Delayed to March 2017, perhaps?!

Anyways, this looks amazing! We've waited too long for a HD-era Rareware-style platformer.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That looks fantastic. Looks like everything I loved about the Banjo-Kazooie games.

Clov

Looks fantastic! It's like the Banjo game I've been waiting for for years. I wonder if it will get a physical release?

Astral Dog

2017? Depending on how late into 2017 they delay it, i hope Nintendo hands out some NX devkits, it would be a nice token of support to enable Playtonic to not have the game die on Wii U only (as far as Nintendo systems go).
It could easily sell better on Wii U than on NX, the system has not been that ugly to independent/eshop games.
The problem is if the system could run it amd its worth the trouble.

Looks fab, and way better than I was expecting it to based on what's been shown so far. They're doing magic over at Playtonic. Take your time, guys. Get it right.

Ozone

Take however long you need to make this game perfect. That trailer looks like it's exactly what I want.

ViolentP

It feels like someone is trying to make an old Rare game but it's devoid of any actual character. It just comes off as really generic to me.

Neoxon

Hopefully the NX Platform gets a port since it launches within the new release period of this game.

Looks great but I'm not a fan of the floating blocks / platforms design. I don't recall Banjo being like this, everything was mostly logically connected based on gravity.

Either way, I'm happy for this next year but xmas would have been perfect.

You aren't a fan? Or you just don't want it because Banjo didn't do it... I find it hard to understand any other reason of being against such design. It's not like the game is grounded in reality.

Kickstarter said late 2016

Regardless, a kickstarted game this size coming out of within six months of its original release date is basically a Christmas miracle

Indeed.
After what happened with Mighty Number 9, I will gladly take this.
Trailer looks great.

Edit: Ha ha ha, that jab at Nuts and Bolts.

Maximo

Yeah assumed it would get delayed but I don't care I have waited this long for a Banjo sequel I can wait longer for this.

Top Bottom