• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida: Sony Bend's PS4 Game Will Make You Panic

Corto

Brick if old

Yoshida San was invited to give a quick one word pitch about future PS4 games from internal studios. These were his answers:

While this sequence was largely overlooked, there appeared to be hints to four of its impending games. Following the appearance of Guerrilla Games’ logo, the Sony executive indicated that fans should expect something “epic”. Rumours suggest that, in addition to Killzone: Shadow Fall, the Dutch developer has been busy producing a role-playing game, and that would certainly fit the bill.
Meanwhile, Yoshida mentioned that Media Molecule’s next title is “extraordinary”, and that he’s too scared to say anything about Sony Santa Monica’s next endeavour, which is rumoured to be set in outer-space. The most interesting comment pertained to Syphon Filter developer Sony Bend, however, when the likeable executive pointed out that players should prepare to “panic”.

Source: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/11/yoshida_sony_bends_ps4_game_will_make_you_panic

Guerrilla rumoured RPG: Epic
Media Molecule: Extraordinary
Sony Santa Monica: Too scared to say anything
Bend Studios: Panic

A survival horror game from Bend? Hmmmm

RaikuHebi

Banned
whatsthat7wd6g.jpg

Panic =
hqdefault.jpg

Not to shift focus but I'm really nervous about Guerilla Games tackling an RPG; just seems to be too drastic a shift for them.

My main gripes with Killzone (having played one and two) is the pacing and level design, and those two would seriously kill an RPG.

Cynical I know, but felt like sharing.

But all those other games? Practically already bought.

Corto

Not to shift focus but I'm really nervous about Guerilla Games tackling an RPG; just seems to be too drastic a shift for them.

My main gripes with Killzone (having played one and two) is the pacing and level design, and those two would seriously kill an RPG.

You're absolutely right. That's my opinion too. It depends if they hired specific talent experienced in creating RPGs. It's a completely different beast from the FPS they are known for.

Im dying to know what Stig's game is.

Off Topic: Is it just me or has the use of the Spoiler code been overused lately? It seems like so many people use it unnecessarily.

velociraptor

Pacing and level design in Killzone 2 was spectacular - that was one of the things KZ2 really did well. Sure, it was a linear shooter, but it was flawless in it's execution and the good reviews are a testament to this. It was also hope to the best MP maps conceived on a console shooter.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Don't stealth games make you panic. Syphon Filter. SSM is making a space horror game instead. (Rumor)

What are the more boring studios making. San Diego, London? I am still sour about Warrior's Lair being canceled. It would have been great for PS4 launch.

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer (new avatar, eh?)

I'm curious to see if it's going to be a Survival horror or not. But even if it's not a proper survival horror game, something like The Last of Us with only a couple of bullets was really tense for me.

It's a fair concern. Guerilla has the technical chops for it, but it takes more than technical wizardry to take the leap and do a completely different genre altogether, even if they share the same plateau.

That being said, I'm sure they've asked themselves the same thing, so I'm just be cautiously optimistic.

"Panic" is just about the worst word to describe how you'll feel playing a video game. Is that appealing to anyone? Do you really want to panic? I kinda just want to have fun.

RaikuHebi

Banned
"Panic" is just about the worst word to describe how you'll feel playing a video game. Is that appealing to anyone? Do you really want to panic? I kinda just want to have fun.
What? Panicking is one of the best feelings in a game as you try to overcome a challenging situation.

Really? I panicked like crazy playing demon souls and dark souls and they are 2 of my favorite games.

I'm already panicking that the vita won't ever get its own siphon filter. I think it's clear that the vita is sent to die as a ps4 accessory.

What sce games are being released on the vita next year again?

V_Ben

Banned
If they're making a Syphon Filter game where stealth is key, then Panic is that feeling when you think you're about to be spotted.

He also commented on TLG and said that he played it and it looks pretty. But he can't remember which controller he was holding when he was playing it. :p

Top Bottom