• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida: Team ICO’s PS3 game will be shown “soon”

Dre

Issun23 said:
TGS, TGS, TGS. Please be at TGS.

According to this screenshot it will:

2852728417_41b1fb18f4.jpg

Dre

To be honest I haven't the slightest idea if this is a fake or not. I saw it on a german forum and thought I should share it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Good thing he didn't post the "real" website, that would be too much for my heart to take :-D

It's a really nicely made fake website too.

Issun23

Kagari said:
It's not fake, what?

I mean that game doesn't exist so it can't be fake =P. It's an invented name. It wasn't intended to be a prank or something.

It actually says two things, The Queen and The Oyeen, which is the race of people Dormin came from. In my dreams of course. :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Issun23 said:
I mean that game doesn't exist so it can't be fake =P. It's an invented name. It wasn't intended to be a prank or something.

It actually says two things, The Queen and The Oyeen, which is the race of people Dormin came from. In my dreams of course. :lol

:lol

:(

Marconelly said:
Great job I must say. What was the idea behind the name? What does The Oyeen mean?
In fact, it's pronounced Thyeen, since the first letter is the Θ (pronounced as "Theta") from the Greek alphabet and corresponds to the sound of "th", as in thermal.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Steiner_Zi said:
In fact, it's pronounced Thyeen, since the first letter is the Θ (pronounced as "Theta") from the Greek alphabet and corresponds to the sound of "th", as in thermal.
Except it has the kana above it that says "kuiin." Which would be Queen.

Not that it matters. :lol

Dever

Banned
Kagari said:
So when Team ICO doesn't show their new game at TGS this year... who's going to cry?

*raises hand*

I believe they will show it though, there's been a lot of buzz lately.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
aaaaaaaargh- We shouldn't bump this if there isn't any new information... :( my soul is shivering from anticipation.

Elios83 said:
IGN has posted their own Leipzig interview with Yoshida.
He basically confirms what vgm247 reported but as a new detail he also seems confident that the game will come out next year:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/909/909647p1.html

IGN: Some teams have been particularly quiet – when can we expect to see what's being produced by Team Ico?

Shuhei Yoshida: Soon. I used to call them Olympic Team, because they always spend four years on their games. Ico started in 1997 and we saw that in 2001, Shadow was released in 2005. So it's an Olympic cycle.

IGN: So the next one's in 2009?

Shuhei Yoshida: I'm hoping for them to keep the Olympic cycle. That would be nice. Ueda-san is such a perfectionist and he decides when he's ready to show it. So I keep asking, 'When are you ready?'

IGN: Obviously you've got a really good team of studios. Are you on the lookout for other studios to acquire?

Shuhei Yoshida: We have acquired a few as you know. We always approach the acquisition not in the way that some other publishers do - some successfully, some unsuccessfully. We always start with trying to build strong relations and IPs together and after the successful completion of a few games we might sit down and talk about acquisition.

I totally believe it's not just one person that makes a successful franchise - it takes lots of people's efforts because it's a difficult process and you really have to have to chemistry to work together, because development doesn't go like this [makes a smooth gesture with hands] it goes like this [starts throwing shapes]. Unless we have the underlying trust between the team and the publishing side we'd find it really hard. We are always open about changing our relations with other developers but we always take this process step by step.

Sucker Punch? Level 5? Insomniac? Media Molecule? Who is next?

eve241

abacab driver said:
As much as I want (hope and pray) for it to be a cross between Ico and SOTC, I wouldnt mind if it just kept the same aesthetic and introduced another new gameplay dynamic.

Ditto.

Dever

Banned
AmMortal said:
Has proven themselves. Sony should drop billions on them if necessary .

Insomniac has stayed independent for all this time, I don't think they want to be bought. I think Sony's definitely going to pick up Media Molecule though unless LBP is a total bomba.

AmMortal

Banned
Dever said:
Insomniac has stayed independent for all this time, I don't think they want to be bought. I think Sony's definitely going to pick up Media Molecule though unless LBP is a total bomba.

yeah, looks like it.

Crisis

Banned
Every time this thread gets bumped up with information that ISN'T Team Ico's new game I want to shoot whoever bumped it up. Dre I aim for you next.

McLovin

Ico and SotC(to some extent) are really hard to find. Wouldn't it be awesome if in the collectors edition they put both games inside the BD?

Danielsan

McLovin said:
Ico and SotC(to some extent) are really hard to find. Wouldn't it be awesome if in the collectors edition they put both games inside the BD?
It would be but it wouldn't work because not every PS3 is BC (*cries*) also they re-released ICO in PAL lands just before the SotC release so it's pretty easy to find over here.

Top Bottom