• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's amiibo destroyed–someone's upset about Wooly World.

Reports are coming in from twitter that someone has destroyed the special edition Yarn Yoshi amiibo. Pre-orders are being cancelled left and right in Europe. No word yet if the NA stock was also damaged.

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT YARN YOSHIS!
fss5Mw0.jpg

CH3YYxtUsAElEhr.jpg

CH3dRioUMAAnQax.png

CH3dRjzVEAAmMWx.png

SigSig

Wait, "someone"? As in, somebody destroyed them on purpose? Not unintentionally damaged while shipping?
What???

DrArchon

Seems like fate itself is out to screw over European Amiibo fans. First the Splatoon theft and now this. Unbelievable.

morukutsu

What? The translation is really bad (I'm French).
"Rupture de stock" means "sold out".

Even tough the litteral translation is "broken".

Edit: or maybe it's sold out because someone destroyed it.
I have mine anyway.

wiibomb

Reports are coming in from twitter that someone has destroyed the special edition Yarn Yoshi amiibo. Pre-orders are being cancelled left and right in Europe. No word yet if the NA stock was also damaged.

there shouldn't be since the NA release is pretty far away, may be they haven't even started making the edition for NA

BTW this is like the second time I see something bad happening with the amiibos in Europe, last time was a theft of the Europe Splatoon special edition which came with the squid amiibo

amiibo gets crazier every day.

• Guys buys all Rosalina because he hates her and noone should be able to get one.
• UK truck full of amiibo gets stolen in spectacular heist.
• "Someone" destroys all Yoshi Yarn amiibos. Poor Yoshi.

SenkiDala

I'm French, they don't talk about "someone" they just say that a part of the stock has been destroyed. How? By who? What happened? They don't say anything about it.

Hasney

Are we sure this isn't based off a bad translation somewhere? I mean, even that Tweet says "his stock" referring to Nintendo.

Real Hero

Imagine someone setting a mountain of Yarn Yoshi's on fire like Joker with the money in the Dark Knight. Some people just want to see Amiibo burn

HardRojo

Amiibo will truly be the end of the world as we know it. Just wait for the Pokémon amiibo line to come out. Oh god...

Alucrid

Banned
Reggie is a genius. Say that they're increasing production, then create false flags about the destruction of amiibo stock.

Top Bottom