• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad & Mario Party 10 now $29.99 at Wii U's eShop (NA)

Richie

Yoshi's Woolly World

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Mario Party 10

We already knew Nintendo is gonna do amiibo bundles with these games starting September 9th, at a cost of $39.99 a piece, well it seems to compensate they're offering the digital versions of these titles for 10 bucks less than that.

Yoshi and Capitán Todd are no brainers for anyone remotely interested in their respective genres. The former is IMO the best Yoshi title since the original Yoshi's Island back in the SNES, an absolute treat; the latter is an example of a Nintendo spinoff from this generation done right, as charming and polished as you'd expect from the 3D Mario team.

Mario Party 10 I played drunk with other drunk friends once and had fun so hey.

UPDATE:

Best Buy and Toys R' Us are selling the physical copies (no amiibo) of these games for the same price! I'm sure more retailers will follow, I think Target's already offering them for this price too, their website is glitchy for me right now though!

maxcriden

Well, that is just wonderful news. Two terrific games in YWW and CTT. Hopefully they patch in a mission option for Toad sometime, though.

MoonFrog

I'd recommend both Yoshi and Captain Toad. Very good games. I haven't played Mario Party 10 (or any Mario Party for that matter).

Well, 2/3 are excellent and well worth the price.

1/3 is a trash mini game collection that somehow managed to be far worse than its numerous predecessors

I'll let you figure out which ones I'm talking about

topplehat

Interesting that these aren't considered "Nintendo Classics" but their prices are still lowered. I haven't played Yoshi's WW yet, but love Captain Todd.

Griss

Good. Capitan Todd never looked like being worth more than $30 to me (because of my specific gaming inclinations more than anything else) but at that price I'm in.

Yoshi's Wooly World, on the other hand, was well worth $60 and will be a steal for people at $30. It's such a great game once you get past the somewhat dull opening couple of levels.

Whales

Banned
30$ for Yoshi sis tempting, i've only heard good stuff from GAF

is it super zzz easy or is there actually challenge in it?

mrmickfran

Woolly World was worth $60.

You fuckers better buy it.

World 3 onwards is Yoshi's Island tier.

The Special levels will ruin your life.

CrisKre

Its quite challenging, especially if you are going to full completion. I´d say Yoshis Island level of difficulty.

Massa

The Wii U has quite a fantastic library under $30 now, there's been a lot of price drops over this year.

Malus

Echoing the love for El Capitan and Yoshi. Both charming and fun as hell.

Shame about the framerate issues in Wooly World, but it's only certain sections.

EulaCapra

I've never seen Captain Toad drop below $25 and it's original MSRP was $40.

And hold off on Mario Party 10 and just smoke crack. This version is a $18 effort with $6 production values.

yyr

Just seconding the thought: if you have Amazon Prime, you might want to wait just a bit longer and pre-order the amiibo bundles instead. You're getting a physical copy of the game (a definite plus for some) and an amiibo for just 2 dollars more. The only things you miss out on are the convenience of not having to put in a disc, and a few MyNintendo points. (One might argue that the MyNintendo rewards have been pretty meh anyway)

Zero83

Just out of curiosity, were these games full priced in the US to begin with? These, along with a few other first party games including Splatoon and Bayonetta 2 were priced similarly to Game&Wario in Europe. At least in Scandinavia.

Anyway, get Yoshi and Captain Toad if you like having fun. Excellent games.

Malus

Just out of curiosity, were these games full priced in the US to begin with? These, along with a few other first party games including Splatoon and Bayonetta 2 were priced similarly to Game&Wario in Europe. At least in Scandinavia.

I don't believe either of them were, no.

I dunno about Mario Party.

ChaosXVI

Yoshi's Woolly World was seriously overlooked, it's a surprisingly deep game, and is the best Yoshi game since the original Yoshi's Island. So anyone who was waiting should definitely jump on this.

schopaia

Don't sleep on Wooly World, best 2D platformer on the Wii U. Even better than Tropical Freeze, imo.

Maybe I should give it another shot. Played through the whole thing and I'd rank it above a few of the Yoshi games I've played (not saying much), but nowhere near Tropical Freeze or even the Wii U Kirby or Rayman games.

Falchion

Just seconding the thought: if you have Amazon Prime, you might want to wait just a bit longer and pre-order the amiibo bundles instead. You're getting a physical copy of the game (a definite plus for some) and an amiibo for just 2 dollars more. The only things you miss out on are the convenience of not having to put in a disc, and a few MyNintendo points. (One might argue that the MyNintendo rewards have been pretty meh anyway)

Totally did this instead, getting my first 2 amiibo's, awesome!!

Richie

Best Buy and Toys R' Us are selling the physical copies (no amiibo) of these games for the same price! I'm sure more retailers will follow, I think Target's already offering them for this price too, their website is glitchy for me right now though!

Nome were full price.

Yoshi and Mario Parry 10 were $50 and Captain Toad was $40.

Bayonetta 2 was $50 digital and all physical copies originally came with Bayonetta 1 for $60.

Splatoon is the one that was launched discounted in Europe but not NA.

Falchion

These are so cute it's disgusting. Psyched I'm getting my first 2 amiibos with this deal.

r9KS17E.png

J@hranimo

Banned
UPDATE:

Perfect. I can't stand downloading these larger 1st party games due to the small storage capacity. When I get some other games out of my backlog I'll most surely be picking Yoshi and Capitan Todd up! :)

Top Bottom